News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#25HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 4:47pm

I believe this is the first image to come out of this production. https://instagram.com/p/BRoeDBxluep/

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#26HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 5:08pm

Her costume looks lovely and the original Gower Champion choreography is being used for the photo which is perfect.

Count me in as being excited for this! HELLO, DOLLY! Previews

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#27HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 5:10pm

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#28HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 5:11pm

Great photo!  

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#29HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 5:25pm

Odd that they haven't yet released a photo of the cover of the Playbill, no?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#30HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 5:29pm

They really have been keeping a tight lid on this.  The entire company has been mostly silent on social media  as far as I can tell.  I hope this is fabulous.  So excited.  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#31HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 5:30pm

It is odd that the Playbill hasn't been released, but I'm guessing it will just be the poster they've been using. But with Rudin, you never know.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#32HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 5:39pm

Anyone associated with the show has been told to keep a lid on it until later on this week. So I have to give them all credit for following through....

Dollypop
#33HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 5:53pm

They want to keep their jobs!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

bk
#34HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 7:08pm

It's so refreshing - like the old days.  No BS press crap with the cast doing crap in rehearsal clothes (the single worst promotional idea EVER), no interviews, no tub-thumping - no "official press release" crap every three minutes - they're just doing - now wait for it - their jobs, privately the way it was ALWAYS done until Broadway decided to become the movie business.  Kudos to the team and producers of Dolly and all shows should learn from it - or, to put it as Peter Allen did: Everything old is new again.

curel1
#35HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 7:09pm

bk said: "It's so refreshing - like the old days.  No BS press crap with the cast doing crap in rehearsal clothes (the single worst promotional idea EVER), no interviews, no tub-thumping - no "official press release" crap every three minutes - they're just doing - now wait for it - their jobs, privately the way it was ALWAYS done until Broadway decided to become the movie business.  Kudos to the team and producers of Dolly and all shows should learn from it - or, to put it as Peter Allen did: Everything old is new again.

"

??? God forbid shows advertise themselves 

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#36HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 7:16pm

The show is actually advertising everywhere. In newspapers and television on the Internet. There are huge banners on all the light posts in the theater district. But Scott Rudin is doing a great job of keeping what's going on inside a much anticipated secret event, and based on the clamor here to get into the dress rehearsal, he's doing a fantastic job!

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#37HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 7:57pm

Check out the Shubert Theater Instagram location for a first peek inside the theater HELLO, DOLLY! Previews

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#39HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 8:29pm

Looks like that Instagram page got pulled down...

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#40HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 9:47pm

Looks like it's intermission at the invited dress. I have a few Facebook friends that are there and reactions thus far are incredibly positive.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#41HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 9:47pm

Looks like it's intermission at the invited dress. I have a few Facebook friends that are there and reactions thus far are incredibly positive.

LesMiz24601 Profile Photo
LesMiz24601
#42HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 9:49pm

Any chance we can get some more detailed updates? Is anyone from BWW board there?

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#43HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 10:39pm

I did ask a friend who is going tonight to give me a report! He also asked at the box office if they plan on doing standing room for the production and was told they probably will eventually but do not have a policy right now. 

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#44HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 11:29pm

I got a ticket to a matinee performance in May - the box office stated that Midler would be on. I'm SOOOO excited!

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#45HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 11:36pm

MichelleCraig said: "Looks like that Instagram page got pulled down...

"

It's not a page, just the location tag. It's still up!

mar97
#46HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 11:42pm

I was at the invited dress rehearsal tonight.  One word....SENSATIONAL!

kofler22
#47HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/14/17 at 11:58pm

Oh c' mon!!! Please tell us more!!!

broadwayboy222 Profile Photo
broadwayboy222
#48HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/15/17 at 12:07am

Song list? Were any songs from the movie or any of Ethel's added songs included? Also, I know most aren't expecting it, but any word on any rush or lottery policies for this?

mar97
#49HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/15/17 at 12:11am

No songs from the movie. No added songs that were added for Ethel Merman.  At the top of Act 2 there is a surprise.

Videos