News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

CONFIRMED: Audra McDonald-led GYPSY to begin previews Nov 2024- Page 45

CONFIRMED: Audra McDonald-led GYPSY to begin previews Nov 2024

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#1100Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 9/24/24 at 12:36pm

copskid949 said: "Look I’m just gonna say it. Regardless of how you feel about people leaking information, Sweaty Oracle was on the money this entire time. Even the casting that didn’t happen seems to line up in the timeline for how long it actually took them to solidify and reveal a cast relative to opening."

It's all well and good if he wants to tell us who an offer is out to (if that info is correct).

It's not all well and good to speak about casting as though it's a done deal when it is still in the offer/negotiation phase.

It's rare that directors get their first choice for any show, especially when stars are concerned. You're rarely ever seeing the top choices for a role, and more often than not that works out for the best.

Updated On: 9/24/24 at 12:36 PM

BCfitasafiddle
#1101Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 9/24/24 at 12:42pm

Lesli Margherita and Mylinda Hull are the stars of the morning for me! Fabulous! Unfamiliar with Lili, but my expectations for "Gimmick" are HIGH now!! Can't wait. 

Who is Tulsa???

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#1102Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 9/24/24 at 12:55pm

I don't have the link right now, but if you go to Lili Thomas' instagram page, she has a video of her singing "When You're Good To Mama" from her time in CHICAGO at an outside concert. It's very good and very Mazzeppa. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1103Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 9/24/24 at 12:59pm

Re: Joy Woods

I think it’ll come down to the dressing room scene in act 2. The Benanti/Lupone scene is burned into my brain because of the incredible performances. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1104Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 9/24/24 at 2:32pm

LesMiz24601 said: "Who thinks the additional casting will include:

Tulsa: John Cardoza

Rose’s Dad: Dorian Harewood
"

What's all this hype around Cardoza? He's nothing special in my book.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

JSquared2
#1105Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 9/24/24 at 2:40pm

ACL2006 said: "LesMiz24601 said: "Who thinks the additional casting will include:

Tulsa: John Cardoza

Rose’s Dad: Dorian Harewood
"

What's all this hype around Cardoza? He's nothing special in my book.
"

Well I guess then your book isn't the only book in the library?

I assume the previous poster was kidding by suggesting them, but Cardoza is going into MOULIN ROUGE, and I don't imagine that Dorian Harewood is interested in a 3-4 line "cameo" in GYPSY!

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#1106Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 9/24/24 at 5:03pm

Well I guess then your book isn't the only book in the library?

A really toxic member of this board was just removed: celebrate that with a little less snark in the comments.  Don't mean to isolate any one member, god knows I've been guilty, just a suggestion to all of us.

SouthAmericanCichlids
#1107Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 9/24/24 at 5:33pm

Play Esq. said: "Well I guess then your book isn't the only book in the library?

A really toxic member of this board was just removed:celebrate that with a little less snark in the comments. Don't mean to isolate any one member, god knows I've been guilty, just a suggestion to all of us.
"

Thank you, and yes please. Honestly, I just joined broadwayworld for news on this revival and I've seen nothing but negativity and rudeness. I know some of these are just facts of what may/may not sell, but people have been peuh peuh-ing almost every actor that someone finds joy in and seems to invalidate their opinions. Let's all just love Broadway and debate! (I mean this message with sincerity)

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#1108Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
Posted: 9/24/24 at 6:05pm

Play Esq. said: "A really toxic member of this board was just removed:celebrate that with a little less snark in the comments. Don't mean to isolate any one member, god knows I've been guilty, just a suggestion to all of us."

Are you telling me someone was removed from the Broadway message board in a Flash?

Videos