News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Alice Ripley

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 6:38pm

is folding a towel right now.

Just FYI.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#2re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 6:40pm

I don't get it.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 6:43pm

L N

AndAllThatJazz22
#3re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 6:44pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz75NvGRGKY
Crazy at its finest

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#4re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 6:54pm

Pay homage to the hand!!!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#5re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 6:55pm

Batsh*t crazy. Not a fan.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Annas_Priest Profile Photo
Annas_Priest
#6re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 6:55pm

She is amazing

Jordan Catalano
#7re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 6:59pm

She is amazing. She's still folding that towel, though it seems. I'm waiting on an update about it. I'll let everyone know when she's done.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#8re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:03pm

"Sometimes we have rehearsal when we really suck."

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim_Geek
#9re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:04pm

She's either completely brilliant or needs to be in a straightjacket. For the past two years I have been pondering this question.

ghostlight2
#10re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:06pm

Why would you ask to her to friend you merely to mock her? Seems ungracious.

Jordan Catalano
#11re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:10pm

How do you know I was the one to ask her?

And I'm not mocking anyone. I'm simply reporting, just like Eddie Varley does.

ghostlight2
#12re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:16pm

If she actually asked you to friend her I'll apologize, but I think people's FaceBook information should not be published, regardless. Hers is not a fan page.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#13re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:17pm

I didn't think he was mocking either. There is a difference between having fun and making fun.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#14re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:18pm

I'm loving her youtube videos because she's obviously making fun of herself. She loses it a few times.
Updated On: 8/6/09 at 07:18 PM

AndAllThatJazz22
#15re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:19pm

I'm so cruel for laughing at this
http://www.youtube.com/user/RIPLEYTHEBAND#play/uploads/7/14b2gnl5cps

(I now get ljay's joke)

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#16re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:26pm

I know they were flamed when they last said it, but I agree with whoever said she is CRAZY and that probably makes her good at her job (In N2N).

It's hilarious and cute, but come on. Maybe she is putting it on - but my God, she seems crazy.

Perhaps it's only in front of a camera.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 8/6/09 at 07:26 PM

clever name Profile Photo
clever name
#17re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:31pm

LOVE.HER!!

Jordan Catalano
#18re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:32pm

I wonder what kind of towel it is.

ghostlight2
#19re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:43pm

It isn't about the towel anymore, Jordan, it's something else now. Keep up with it, will ya?

Jordan Catalano
#20re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:45pm

What is it now, ghostlight?

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#21re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:46pm

Sigh.

TatyRox Profile Photo
TatyRox
#22re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:51pm

Hahaha XD
She really is either psycho, or just a genius.

RAWR! TATISAURUSREX BEEYOTCH! xoxo <3

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#23re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:52pm

She's chewing.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Jordan Catalano
#24re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 7:52pm

re: Alice Ripley

Videos