News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Alice Ripley

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#75re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 1:52pm

" I really don't think it's THAT crazy that she has 238490348092 listed as her children, I think it's a harmless joke."

With you and people you're actually friends with, it probably is, but Alice Ripley isn't FRIENDS with these people. At least not here in the real world, though I can't speak to the delusions these people have.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

AndAllThatJazz22
#76re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 1:52pm

I stand corrected.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#77re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 1:55pm

Who's crazier: Alice Ripley, or folks who post over and over and over about how crazy Alice Ripley is?

Discuss.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#78re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 1:56pm

Could anyone really challenge the high priestess of NUTS at a game of being out of their minds?

And whatever, as for Alice, her insane fans aside, she's really killing it in Next to Normal, so as to her personal sanity, who gives a crap?

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#79re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 1:57pm

You rest my case.

saveusmike Profile Photo
saveusmike
#80re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 2:02pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=954ymn3hVtw

take this any way you guys want.
I have no idea what the purpose of this video is. Maybe Im missing a inside joke or something

"Everything in life, is only for now" -Avenue Q

moowithme85
#81re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 2:36pm

adamgreer: well, I entertain my friends all of the time, but it's not an act. I'm just that much fun to be around re: Alice Ripley

I think it's just her personality, and she knows people are eating it up, so she continues.

broadwaybaby77 Profile Photo
broadwaybaby77
#82re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 3:58pm

saveusmike, at least that video has a title now semi-explaining what it is. When that was first posted, it was unnamed and it was creepy as HELL.

Annas_Priest Profile Photo
Annas_Priest
#83re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 4:10pm

Kelly2, I'm listed as one of her "children" because it is funny and I love Ripley. She loves her fans, and I appreciate it. Maybe you are just sad that you have no fans to love you.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#84re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 4:26pm

OOOOOH! Bend and SNAP, Kelly2!

Annas_Priest, that was way harsh. Updated On: 8/7/09 at 04:26 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#85re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 4:29pm

To be fair, Kelly's crazy obsession with the cougar and her mate ain't exactly the the stuff of sanity.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#86re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 5:44pm

Does anyone remember (and this is going back several years) her website, OfficalAliceRipley.com? She used to post little essays on there that were hilariously crazy. I've always just thought she has an out there sense of humor, as evidenced in these videos.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#87re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 6:57pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=954ymn3hVtw&feature=related

Don't forget to breath, y'all. Oh, and smile, too.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#88re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 7:02pm

What...a nut.

And I love her.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#89re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 8:01pm

Phyllis, no "crazy obsession" here, but let's not throw around that phrase on this thread? Alice Ripley's children are reading.

"She loves her fans, and I appreciate it. Maybe you are just sad that you have no fans to love you."

I'm actually pretty grateful that I don't have to deal with the emotionally disturbed en masse every day of my life, but thanks for asking!

Updated On: 8/7/09 at 08:01 PM

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#90re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 8:06pm

I guess I'm one of the few who find her less amusing and funny than actually, truly terrifying. I mean, she's a great talent and all, but did you see that YouTube video where she says at the end that she knows how to make an exit and leans in, giving her best joker grin to the camera? I nearly pissed myself out of genuine fear.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#91re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 8:09pm

^That says more about you than her!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#92re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 8:31pm

I wrote on her wall and suddenly had like 4 crazy fans messaging me in a rage.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

SporkGoddess
#93re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 8:33pm

What did you write?

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#94re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 8:35pm

That I think I gave her the cold the other week, 'cause I had one when I sat front row the night before she was out. The friend I was with wanted to stagedoor, also, so I was standing with her when Alice signed her playbill.

-Benjamin

SporkGoddess
#95re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 8:36pm

Haha, so the fans were like "HOW DARE YOU MAKE ALICE SICK" etc?

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#96re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 8:44pm

One comment i remember was "Oh my god I HOPE this is some inside joke!!!!!" and then the same girl messaged me and got angy and asked if I even knew Alice Ripley personally. I was like, no? Neither do you, Marymount Manhattan incoming freshman who just graduated from high school in Ohio. (Haha, yes,i checked)

-Benjamin

SweeneyPhanatic
#97re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 11:16pm

Crazy people do tend to take things too far! Just a trait that I've noticed. And if they were...y'know, ACTUALLY sane, they could maybe realize that anyone on her list of children is basically publicly admitting to being a complete nutbar and remove themselves? Just an idea.

I'm actually pretty grateful that I don't have to deal with the emotionally disturbed en masse every day of my life, but thanks for asking!

So I'm a nutbar, and part of the emotionally disturbed en masse, all because I'm listed as one of Alice Ripley's Facebook children?

...I think someone needs a hug and a cookie! Come here, you! I promise I don't bite... re: Alice Ripley

-- SDG

Annas_Priest Profile Photo
Annas_Priest
#98re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 11:18pm

I bite... Skin is good.. with Ketchup.

Am I crazy too?

jansal Profile Photo
jansal
#99re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/8/09 at 1:27am

Um, you seem to forget that Alice (I'm calling her by her first name because we're best friends!?!! I'm her daughter!!! Don't tell me I'm not!) pretty much ENCOURAGES the whole 'children' thing. Give those people some credit. I'm sure that both Alice and the fans recognize it as silly. It's unfair to assume that all fans that are committed to a show and love the cast are only in it because they have 'emotional issues' or whatnot.

Whether or not she is truly bonkers, I think that will always be a mystery. I for one think she's freaking hysterical.

Videos