News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Alice Ripley

Soliantu Profile Photo
Soliantu
#50re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 9:33pm

god, i love her. and everything she does

Soliantu Profile Photo
Soliantu
#51re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 9:33pm

i really do

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim_Geek
#52re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 10:36pm

Alice Ripley to replace Paula Abdul on American Idol, just saying.

AndAllThatJazz22
#53re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 10:37pm

^ I was just saying the same thing to my dad!

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

colormesusan
#54re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/6/09 at 11:14pm

The "folding a towel" thing was because some kid commented her saying that she could probably post her status as something completely boring like "folding a towel" and people would comment on it. Which, of course, they did.

ghostlight2
#55re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 12:01am

"What is it now, ghostlight?"

Private, of course. It isn't right to publish her FB statuses publicly, silly as they may be.

Just a few days ago days ago she had to threaten to shut down the site because people were posting unflattering photos of her.

colormesusan
#56re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 12:43am

The pictures thing has nothing to do with it being public or not.
And seriously, she asks people - COMPLETE STRANGERS - to add her on facebook. I really don't think she's concerned about keeping anything she says on there private.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#57re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 1:00am

Just a few days ago days ago she had to threaten to shut down the site because people were posting unflattering photos of her.

That's not a threat, it's a favor.

....but the world goes 'round

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#58re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 2:41am

"That's not a threat, it's a favor."

Oh, snap!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

SweeneyPhanatic
#59re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 3:06am

I just follow her on Facebook to read her status updates and read comments on her videos. I also figure it's a good way to know where she's going career wise (you know, if N2N ever closes...which it shouldn't). I'm also one of her 'children,' but I only added that to see if she really would add a 74th 'child' to the list (of course with over 70, I shouldn't have been surprised). She doesn't have to accept the family requests if she doesn't want to, but I think it's all part of that wonderful sense of humor on display in her web-cam videos. I think it's pretty cool that someone in her position would open up her (digital) world to her fans like this, though I do think some of the fans can be a little...hmm...well, they often scare me more than any of her videos or status updates!

I also think she should use Twitter. Unlimited followers, and a simpler way to post her videos and photos. I imagine it would also reduce the fan-craziness that's all over her Facebook page.

EDIT: Found her Twitter page, but she seems to have abandoned it after two days. Oh well.

-- SDG
Updated On: 8/7/09 at 03:06 AM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#60re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 3:28am

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Some of the fans posting on her page are crazier than she is.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#61re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 3:37am

I post on her facebook occasionally, but I'm not one of her "kids" and I am embarrassed for some of the fans...

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#62re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 3:46am

I see some BWW posters reply to her Twits...

Oy.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

broadwayjim42
#63re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 11:05am

I chatted with her at the stage door briefly about her possible participation in an upcoming concert and she was this odd mixture of very of matter of fact and Aunt Clara from Bewitched. Methinks I caught her off guard.

I don't think she's crazy, just a bit of a space cadet. Her block letter signature cracks me up.

alxscrz2 Profile Photo
alxscrz2
#64re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 11:08am

Those videos remind me of Norma Desmond. Maybe they should cast Alice Ripley as norma if they bring Sunset Boulevard to Broadway.
The video about the hand, had me laughing, that made my whole day

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#65re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 11:10am

if she played Norma in Sunset Boulevard, then she'd come full circle!

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

moowithme85
#66re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 12:28pm

Alice is definitely eccentric...not bat**** crazy. It's not an act...she's just entertaining her fans.

One thing's for sure, she's incredibly talented. Crazy or not, you can't take her talent away from her. Definitely one of my favorites!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#67re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 12:36pm

Alice is definitely eccentric...not bat**** crazy. It's not an act...she's just entertaining her fans.

If she's doing it to entertain her fans (which I think she is), then that's an act. Nothing wrong with it, it just is what it is.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#68re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 12:47pm

Her Facebook status updates consistently amuse me. Especially when they're IN ALL CAPS. Love her.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#69re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 1:16pm

She seems nuts, but her fans are WAY crazier. The whole "children" thing is completely beyond anything I've ever seen. Don't they all have real parents of their own? Y'know, ones that aren't Alice Ripley?

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#70re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 1:21pm

It was just a bet that got taken too far.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#71re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 1:35pm

Crazy people do tend to take things too far! Just a trait that I've noticed. And if they were...y'know, ACTUALLY sane, they could maybe realize that anyone on her list of children is basically publicly admitting to being a complete nutbar and remove themselves? Just an idea.

colormesusan
#72re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 1:37pm

"It was just a bet that got taken too far."

That is was. It's died down a bunch, thank goodness, but there's still the random crazy who asks to be her child.

"I don't think she's crazy, just a bit of a space cadet."

LOL. Yeah, that seems like a pretty good description to me. re: Alice Ripley

Updated On: 8/7/09 at 01:37 PM

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#73re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 1:47pm

I recognize a few names on that list. It seems to be the "usual bunch" of insane people who hop from show to show and thrust their insanity and severe emotional issues on those who brave coming out the stage door on a regular basis. It really is unfortunate for performers to have to deal with these sad people.

AndAllThatJazz22
#74re: Alice Ripley
Posted: 8/7/09 at 1:50pm

I'm not on Alice's facebook, but I will admit...I have 2 of my friends listed as my parents as a joke. I really don't think it's THAT crazy that she has 238490348092 listed as her children, I think it's a harmless joke.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

Videos