News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

The Museum of Broadway

Dollypop
#1The Museum of Broadway
Posted: 7/10/23 at 5:58pm

To those of you who've been there:

Approximately how long is the average visit? A friend and I are planning to visit this place in a few weeks and are wondering whether we shpuld have lunch before or after.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

perfectpenguin
#2The Museum of Broadway
Posted: 7/10/23 at 6:37pm

I was in and out in 45 min. Save your money. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3The Museum of Broadway
Posted: 7/10/23 at 7:13pm

Exactly. Save your money. It literally looks and feels like a Broadway Pop-Up museum designed for young social media influencers.  And those installations constructed specifically for selfies?  Um, no.    

Dollypop
#4The Museum of Broadway
Posted: 7/10/23 at 7:49pm

Thanks for your opinions but I only have a vague idea of how much time it'll take to tour it.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#5The Museum of Broadway
Posted: 7/10/23 at 8:16pm

The Museum of Broadway hate on this board has always been... tiring. 

I was looking at my pictures from I went and the first was taken at 11:45 and the last 12:45. The first photo was in the first room (which is after waiting to get in and then climbing up to the top) and the second was in the last major exhibit, but not quite the end. I'd leave at least 90 minutes to do it. 

hollebolle
#6The Museum of Broadway
Posted: 7/10/23 at 8:28pm

Depends on how much you want to read the displays (and there’s a LOT to read). My friend and I entered at 6:30, and we didn’t have enough time to get through everything before it closed at 8. I had no idea how much progress we were making so I was surprised when they gave us the 15-minute warning and said there was a whole other floor we hadn’t gotten to yet. 

But you could easily do everything more quickly if you wanted.

Dollypop
#7The Museum of Broadway
Posted: 7/10/23 at 10:26pm

One last question: is there an elevator or escalator? My friend has bad knees

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8The Museum of Broadway
Posted: 7/11/23 at 1:59am

I went on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. Its still over priced. I took my time and was inside for nearly 2 hours.  Yes, there are elevators. ( in this day and age, new construction must have it, i believe)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#9The Museum of Broadway
Posted: 7/11/23 at 6:51am

I spent about 2 and a half hours there. I loved it. A very thorough and well done museum in my opinion. Yes, there are a some photo ops, but it is so much more than just that. I definitely recommend checking it out and giving yourself at least 2 hours.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

SusaninBaltimore
#10The Museum of Broadway
Posted: 7/11/23 at 7:36am

My husband and I toured it not long ago. We are lifelong theater aficionados and found it wonderful. We spent two hours there. The elevators are useful. Just ask as you enter. Enjoy! Forget some of the negative comments here and judge for yourself. 

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#11The Museum of Broadway
Posted: 7/12/23 at 5:22pm

A nice thing to do on a hot day between or after a show. 

chrishuyen
#12The Museum of Broadway
Posted: 7/12/23 at 6:24pm

I was there for 2 hours and read almost all of the signs/took pictures in the first half.  I definitely skimmed through a bit more of the material in the second half mostly because I was just feeling fatigue from reading so much, but if you really want to read everything I'd say plan for at least 2.5 hours. Otherwise just to walk through and take it in without necessarily reading everything, I'd say give it 1-2 hours.

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#13The Museum of Broadway
Posted: 7/12/23 at 8:38pm

I have been twice so far (went with a friend and knew my mother would LOVE it so went back with her). If you take the time to read all the the little info bits, it's honestly really interesting time imo. However, both visits we went before a show and really wish we had some more time because about have way thru, we realized we were on a time limit to make it to our shows so could not that the same leisurely pace in the second half as we were able to in the first half. Spent 90 minutes the first time and 2 hours the second time, but I easily could have spent 3 hours.

Videos