News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets- Page 5

PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#100PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 11:33pm

Besides the two shows having similar color palettes, I didn't see anything that remotely resembled one to the other.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#101PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 11:53pm

I realize that Promises came long before 9 to 5, but this production reminded me of that of 9 to 5. I think it's a fair statement.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#102PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/4/10 at 12:33am

I'm totally with you on the 9 to 5 comparison. That's the first thing I thought when the show started.

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#103PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/4/10 at 1:32am

I'm with you Chita, I said the same thing to my friend tonight. It was the coloring mostly that made me think of 9 to 5, and a little Bye Bye Birdie

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#104PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/4/10 at 1:35am

One more quick note on rush conditions. I showed up at about 9:45 today, was around the corner on 53rd, and with 50-60 people in front of me, still managed (very surprisngly) to get two seats in the last row. Yay for a friend in grad school visiting for the weekend! I didn't see any empty seats in the mezzanine. Of course, it's so sprawling that it's hard to tell, but it was distinctly packed.

About the show, I agree with a lot of what I've heard. They need to hack A House Is Not a Home which is sandwiched in so awkwardly. Sean Hayes is much, much better than I expected him to be in a musical based on his performance in Damn Yankees. Kristen Chenoweth is doing a wonderful job with the score and really avoids oversinging it. She does have work to do on her performance which is a bit uneven, but hey, it's the first week of previews. I'm excited to see her stretching herself.

It's not perfect, but it's very strong and utterly charming. Smells like a hit to me. Though lord, some of those sets are ugly.

Oh, and Katie Finneran is ridiculous. So little stage time, so much impact. She's amazing and has the most impeccable timing.

ElysseYulo
#105PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 5/19/10 at 12:36am

Any updates on the rush for Promises, Promises? I am trying for Thursday! Does anyone know if they are still being strict with ids seeing as my id looks a lot different from the way I look now/ has no year on it? I am trying for Thursday!
Thanks!

Videos