News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets- Page 4

PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#75PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 11:38am

Yeah, I meant the Broadway. Sorry. I hadn't finished my first cup of coffee yet when I wrote that.

"Whatever they have left" does NOT necessarily mean any location. For one thing, the policy doesn't say "whatever we have left." That is what posters here have been saying. If it's clearer: "Rush seats are whatever they have left in the rear mezzanine, because that is the only section they sell rush in, but it's not guaranteed because the mezzanine could be sold out and they won't sell rush anywhere else even though the show is not sold out."

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#76PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 12:03pm

I never said the policy indicated anything. I just said that that was the general perception on here based on the seats people have gotten, and was clarifying.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#77PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 12:21pm

Oh, okay, I got it. Sorry, I thought from your post that you were complaining about the fact that the policy was misleading. Apologies.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#78PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 12:45pm

DCR, what seat number did they give you?

If we wanna get technical about it, the Broadway is the 4th-largest theatre in terms of seating capacity with 1733 seats.

If we want to get REALLY technical, the Broadway is the 5th largest theatre. The Palace is 4th with 1784 seats. And the Broadway has 1752 seats for Promises Promises.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#79PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 12:46pm

Wait now people are complaining about the location of the $30 rush seats and how they're the worst seats in the house? You've got to be kidding me!

The sense of entitlement some people have is astounding.

MiracleElixir
#80PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 12:52pm

We get it, adamgreer, your schtick is yelling at people for being ungrateful for / spoiled by student rush. Yawn.

AGAIN, not complaining. I'm happy to get anything. In fact, the guy in front of me was asking what Row he'd be in, and I muttered "You're lucky to be getting anything, it's student rush."

I merely was giving information. It's a point of interest for those planning to rush WHERE the rush seats are. And there's no other way of putting it that they're the worst seats in the house -- not a complaint, just point of fact.

Just trying to clarify: if your concern is cheap tickets above all else, this rush is a great option -- if you want decent seats, I'd recommend springing for actual tickets.

Calm the hell down, take your pill, and relax.
Updated On: 4/2/10 at 12:52 PM

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#81PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 2:25pm

So looks like everyone's been getting rear mezz seats? I sat there for Shrek a few times and really didn't think it was too bad.

I'm going to try tomorrow.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#82PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 3:24pm

For whoever asked me I got seat 102. I was just happy to get a ticket. I've seen Kristin's face before, it's no big deal if I can't see it up close and personal this time. Hopefully there will be some empty seats so we can move up!

taylorPHENOMENON2
#83PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 3:27pm

Can anyone report on how full the mezz has been?

Michael9
#84PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 12:10am

Reckon I'd have any luck for tomorrow's matinee? Woman at the box office this afternoon was the epitome of unhelpful.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#85PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 12:13am

I figured rush for this show would be in the back of the house which is why i just shelled out the cash and got really great seats for it. You couldn't pay ME to sit back there.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#86PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 12:15am

I think if you go when it opens you will have some luck. Get there around 9:45.

The theater was PACKED, not a seat in sight to move to. My seat was fine to see the basic construction of the show but I think I would have liked it a lot more up close so I could see more details and facial expressions. I'm sort of in the middle on this show, it has it's great parts and dull parts. I feel like in the original those great parts were probably FANTASTIC. The cast is strong but something still didn't work for me. It was too much like 9 to 5 for my liking.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#87PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 12:49am

I'm amazed that, with one person directing and choreographing, one can be so good (the choreography minus Turkey Lurkey) and one can be SOOOOOO atrocious (the direction). I hated Kristin from start to finish. Sean surprised me vocally. I thought he was good. The only standout in the cast, though, is Katie Finneran. Everything else was just so blah.

MiracleElixir
#88PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 1:28am

Not good. Not good at all. Sean was nothing special, but I was surprised that he was able to pull off the poor-pathetic-schlub thing, and didn't just channel "Jack" again. Kristen was the epitome of miscast. Like, STARTLINGLY wrong for the part.

Having never seen/heard the show before, I really really disliked the material more than the production itself (I love "The Apartment" but the show seems a mess).

taylorPHENOMENON2
#89PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 10:44am

Just to report on rush - I was the first in line at 6:45 this morning and was given seats Q108 and 110 in the rear mezz. YIKES. There were maybe 30-40 more people by the time 10 rolled around.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#90PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 2:23pm

"It was too much like 9 to 5 for my liking"

Ok, I can't stop my fingers from replying to this one.

How is something from the late 60's too much like a movie from the 80's and a musical from 2 years ago?

That's like saying West Side Story is too much like In the Heights.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

MiracleElixir
#91PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 5:37pm

"Just to report on rush - I was the first in line at 6:45 this morning and was given seats Q108 and 110 in the rear mezz. YIKES. There were maybe 30-40 more people by the time 10 rolled around."

Toldja.

That's exactly where I was yesterday. For what it's worth, the seats aren't THAT bad. You can generally see what's going on, it's not like the actors are ants, but don't really expect to see any facial expressions.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#92PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 7:54pm

"How is something from the late 60's too much like a movie from the 80's and a musical from 2 years ago?"

Because I thought the direction an the way it was put together was similar.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#94PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 8:11pm

I personally think it's more like The Apartment.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#95PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 9:39pm

I second that "Oh dear" ljay and would like some assistance in unrolling my eyes. They're stuck.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

Drunk Chita Rivera
#96PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 11:04pm

Did I say something wrong? Is the stick pushed even far up this time?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#97PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 11:11pm

Drunk, I think it is admirable that you see all of these shows, but sometimes your posts do reflect your age. You have some maturing to do. I was probably the same way when I was your age and posting on here.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#98PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 11:18pm

I just don't understand how my post was immature? I was comparing this production to 9 to 5 and how they were done similarly.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#99PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/3/10 at 11:22pm

Promises, Promises didn't copy 9 to 5. Promises, Promises existed long before 9 to 5.

Videos