News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets- Page 2

PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#25PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 5:17pm

It definitely sucks, but aren't almost all rushes "subject to availability"?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#26PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 5:26pm

I don't think those "subject to availability" rushes should be done first thing in the morning. They obviously sell whatever is left for that evenings performance so it's smart to wait until 2 hours before curtain to offer what's left in these cases. Hopefully the Producers take note and change that.

Luckydave14
#27PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 5:32pm

I was there too this morning. I was really surprised that there were no tickets. I've done tons of rushes before that were "subject to availability" and have never been turned away because they just weren't giving seats that day. The lady at the box office was rather rude and told us we can buy $136.50 tickets if we'd like, but she wasn't giving us student tickets. It'd be nice to know exactly what the availability needs to be for there to be tickets given out. That said, like others have mentioned, this rush really should be done 2 hours before curtain. That way, when people start lining up, they can find out if there actually will be seats instead of waiting outside for hours (today in the frigid cold), only to find out nothing is "available."

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#28PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 6:01pm

What the hell is douchebaggy about subject to availability? It's more like stupid on their part. To beat the dead horse: we're lucky they're offering any kind of rush. That theater is huge, they probably won't be selling out every night.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#29PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 6:08pm

Please tell me of a student rush that is NOT subject to availability.

The difference between privilege and right, people.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#30PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 6:09pm

There should have been some sort of announcement that the 1st preview wasn't going to offer rush tix. Also someone with some common sense that works at the theatre, could have asked the people waiting in line if they were waiting to get tix for 30 dollars, that they shouldn't waste their time.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#31PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 6:22pm

The theater owes you nothing. If they want to sell them they will, if they don't, they won't.

You can never expect a guaranteed rush ticket.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#32PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 6:33pm

It's actually the producers you'd want to direct your unfounded resentment and your sense of privilege at, not the box office staff. They're simply following instructions by the production.

And when has box office staff at any Broadway theatre been nice? I gave up on expecting courteous box office staff years ago.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

muscle23ftl
#33PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 6:42pm

I wasn't waiting at the theatre, but I feel bad for the ones that did. They should've told them before they wait 3 hours in the cold. That's all.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#34PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 6:46pm

There's no one there to tell them prior to the opening of the box office. Other than the cleaning ladies, there's no one at the theater. Who exactly do you expect to tell them?

Mildred Plotka
#35PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 6:51pm

That's a choice to wait 3 hours for rush tickets for a show that hasn't had a single performance yet.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#36PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 7:11pm

They should fire the guy who works at Broadway theaters to tell people not to line up 3 hours before the box office opens when there's no rush.

Mildred Plotka
#37PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 7:14pm

Is he the same guy that's supposed to keep low grossing shows open because a handful of BWW'rs love them and the same guy who should keep stars from quitting even when they're being treated like crap?

Updated On: 3/27/10 at 07:14 PM

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#38PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 7:15pm

I don't understand how someone could wait 3 hours without KNOWING they would be selling the tickets. I was planning on getting up early to get tix but I went to the BO yesterday and they told me they wouldn't have rush for the first preview because they were almost sold out. You can't complain when you didn't do your research.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#39PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 7:50pm

You guys are just so nasty, grow up and stop being so mean. You have nothing better to do on a Saturday night? Go out, and stop torturing these poor people who had to wait on line for 3 hours to be turned away.

Mildred Plotka
#40PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 7:53pm

Isn't that the point we're trying to make? They didn't have to wait in line 3 hours. That was their choice to do so without fully knowing the policy yet. Wait as long as you want but don't get pissed when you don't get what you want.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#41PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 8:10pm

But you guys are tearing them up about it, just stop being so nasty, especially you Mildred Plotka, I never hear you say anything nice. But talk about kick people when they are down, you are making them feel like complete idiots when they did nothing to you.

Mildred Plotka
#42PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 8:14pm

Page me when you've sprouted your first pubic hair. Then I'll have an argument with you, hon.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#43PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 8:22pm

The people complaining about not getting tickets are just being ignorant. When it says "subject to availability" you should understand there's a possibility of no tickets being available.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#44PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 8:30pm

^Not only that, I wouldn't expect to have student tickets available for the first preview unless they specifically said there would be some sold...or if I wasn't sure I would go to the box office beforehand and ask if they thought they would be selling them.

It sucks that you waited outside for a long time in the cold and I'd be frustrated too but...such is life. They're not required to sell student rush tickets on any date, and I wouldn't expect them to have them for a first preview.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#45PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 8:47pm

Mildred, are you just implying that I'm just a good for nothing teenager with no credibility? Because I find if offensive that just because I'm on the younger side you won't argue with me, I doubt you can even fight back.

Mildred Plotka
#46PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 8:49pm

I made a New Year's resolution not to argue with anyone born after Passion was written. Nothing personal. :)

Drunk Chita Rivera
#47PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 8:55pm

You're just a jack@$$. And by making that little "New Years Resolution" you are implying that anyone under the age of 17 has no credibility.

muscle23ftl
#48PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 9:00pm

Age is just a number, can we go back to the topick please?

Luckydave14
#49PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/28/10 at 12:18am

There obviously was going to be a chance that there would be no tickets. We all knew it was "subject to availability" and we even were talking about this happening while waiting, but just hoped there would have been tickets. It just sucks that for the first time they were doing the rush, they didn't have tickets. It's obviously beyond anyone's control; it's not the box office woman's fault, though she could have been nicer about it like mentioned before. The way I look at it is that someone needed to be there to find out what was going to happen with this rush, and it happened to be the people who were there and I. A bunch of us went out and got rush tickets for shows we had been wanting to see so we still got to see some great shows tonight. Hopefully we'll be hearing more experiences throughout the week to find out what the rush situation is going to be like in the future so that we can eventually see the show.

Videos