News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets

PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#2PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/26/10 at 1:08pm

Will they be in the nosebleeds like with SHREK?

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for this one. I'm seeing the first preview tomorrow.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/26/10 at 1:16pm

Well they aren't front row.

pli1018
#3PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/26/10 at 1:31pm

^ Thank god, that stage is way too high to see everything from the front row.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#4PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/26/10 at 1:33pm

THANK GOD they're not front row. THANK. GOD.

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#5PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/26/10 at 4:10pm

where are the seats? they could be front row. I don't think the article mentions anything about that.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#6PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/26/10 at 4:44pm

singtopher, the only time I got rear mezz rush tickets for Shrek was the last time that I saw it in October...the other times I rushed I was either in the orchestra or front mezz.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#7PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/26/10 at 5:20pm

The front row center will NOT be rush. Those seats are being sold for full price on telecharge. I am not sure about front row sides, but I doubt they are rush either.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#8PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/26/10 at 5:53pm

It says subject to availability. Usually, that means there isn't a specific section set aside for rush, so rush could very well be the front row if there are seats available.

FYI, the Facebook page announcement says rush is $30.50. I'm not sure which is correct. If you do plan on rushing in, bring some extra quarters, just in case.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#9PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/26/10 at 7:29pm

Anyone rush today? What time did you get there? Where are the seats?

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#10PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/26/10 at 7:36pm

First performance is tomorrow, so if anyone rushed today, I don't think they were successful.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Drunk Chita Rivera
#11PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/26/10 at 7:50pm

Really? Oh, okay. I have completely lost track of which day is which. Also the "Promises" logo on Playbill.com through me off.

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#12PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 12:04am

how many people are rushing tomorrow/in a few hours? I'm planning on getting there at 7am... but as usual I'm going to the crazy place in my head that tells me I need to be there even earlier.

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

rmusic11322
#13PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 12:09am

How does the box office check to see if the ID is valid? Just look at it?

Drunk Chita Rivera
#14PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 12:33am

No, they smell it. ^^

Drunk Chita Rivera
#15PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 12:33am

No, they smell it. ^^

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#16PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 10:27am

FYI the box office sold zero student rush tickets this morning.

Yankeefan007
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#18PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 10:36am

LOL. That made me laugh as well.

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#19PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 4:06pm

I was at the box office at 7am! waited outside for 3 hours! and then nothing! they have got to change the policy! It makes no sense to have a morning rush that may or may not have any tickets available!! If any show is going to have "subject to availability" tickets it has to be an afternoon rush! this is ridiculous!! It was freezing this morning! I'm really frustrated about this, and the woman in the box office was so rude when she told us there were not student tickets, ARRRG

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#20PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 4:54pm

I'm sorry but you knew that going in. It sucks to sit out there all morning, but you knew this was a possibility. They didn't do anything wrong or sneaky.

Also, given how heavily sold tonights performance is (the only available seats right now are premium), you should have expected this.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#21PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 5:05pm

"I'm sorry but you knew that going in. It sucks to sit out there all morning, but you knew this was a possibility. They didn't do anything wrong or sneaky.

Also, given how heavily sold tonights performance is (the only available seats right now are premium), you should have expected this"

No, this person didn't know this going in, if you had been waiting 3 hours in the cold, you wouldn't be so "fresh" about it. And how is this person is supposed to know the sales of the show to begin with? You probably are used to rude and sneaky people because that's the way you are.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#22PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 5:05pm

"I'm sorry but you knew that going in. It sucks to sit out there all morning, but you knew this was a possibility. They didn't do anything wrong or sneaky.

Also, given how heavily sold tonights performance is (the only available seats right now are premium), you should have expected this"

No, this person didn't know this going in, if you had been waiting 3 hours in the cold, you wouldn't be so "fresh" about it. And how is this person is supposed to know the sales of the show to begin with? You probably are used to rude and sneaky people because that's the way you are.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#23PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 5:10pm

adamgreer is right.

The listing said "subject to availability." While it's unfortunate that you had to wait for a long time in the cold to wind up with nothing, you were made aware going in that you may not get tickets.

What else should they have told you to make that any more clear?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#24PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/27/10 at 5:13pm

All valid points, but that said, that's still kind of sh**ty. I feel like "subject to availability" is kind of an douchebaggy move on producer's part. Either offer student rush or don't.

Videos