News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets- Page 3

PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#50PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/28/10 at 12:59am

all you ladies are jealous you're too old for student rush. get over yourself you damn queens! Clearly Mildred Plotka is just annoyed when shows sell those front row seats to students because she needs to sit close on account of the poor eye sight she's experiencing in her old age. Have you been through the change of life yet girlfriend?

I have never, ever had a student rush experience that was BOTH "subject to availability" AND a morning rush. Sure if I didn't have a full time job to think about I could have walked myself over the theatre sometime before and asked about the rush but I don't think it's unreasonable to assume they'll be offering rush when the show's official twitter account announces it THE DAY BEFORE.

And furthermore I'm actually glad all this bull happened because Promises, Promises is a show that I will see, and soon. And when we didn't get tickets we walked over the Memphis, a show I was waiting around to see, and got AMAZING $26.50 FRONT ROW CENTER seating to the best original show this season. That my friends is what student rush is all about.

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#51PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/28/10 at 1:17am

^ Seriously, grow up. It is nobody else's fault but your own that you decided to wait for 3 hours in the cold, and failed. Maybe they didn't know until 10am, when they opened, if they would have any today. These things can and have changed at the last minute.

And no, I'm not jealous about rush tickets because I can afford to pay for discounted seats or am willing to pay full price and sit in the rear mezzanine. I do it all the time.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
emilyfaye48
#53PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/28/10 at 1:34am

alright girls, can we all just agree that we love theatre. Young or old. gay or gay, we love theatre and nothing else matters

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#54PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/28/10 at 1:40am

Per Playbill.com:

All About Me
Student Rush: 26.50 - may be available on day of show when the box office opens. Limit 2 per valid ID. Subject to availability.

A Behanding in Spokane
General Rush: $26.50 - a limited number of rush tickets may available on day of performance when the box office opens. Limit 2 tickets per person, and seats may be partial view. Subject to availability.

Chicago
General Rush: $36.50 - tickets available at the box office only, when the box office opens. Limit 2 per customer. Not available for Saturday evenings. Subject to availability.

Jersey Boys
Student Rush: $27 - a limited number of student tickets to select Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday performances may be available when the box office opens at 10 AM. Two kinds of photo ID must be shown: A non-expired full time student ID as well as a government issued photo ID, drivers license or passport. Limit 2 tickets per person per 30 day period. Tickets subject to availability. Locations may be partial view.

Lend Me a Tenor
General Rush: $26.50 - may be available on day of performance when the box office opens. Limit 2 tickets per person. Subject to availability. Cash only.

Looped
Student Rush: $25 - a limited number of tickets avai;able [sic] when box office opens. Subject to availability. Limit 2 tickets per valid ID.

Mamma Mia!
Student Rush: $31.50 - may be available on day of performance when the box office opens. Subject to availability. Limit 2 tickets per valid ID.

Mary Poppins
Student Rush: $30 - sold on the day of performance when the box office opens. Subject to availability. Only available to college/university students. Limit 1 ticket per valid ID.

Memphis
Student Rush: $26.50 - limited number of tickets available day of performance when the box office opens. Subject to availability. Limit 2 tickets per valid ID.

Sondheim on Sondheim
General Rush: $26.50 - sold on day of performance when the box office opens. Subject to availability and may not be available at all performances. Limit 2 per person.

A View From the Bridge
General Rush: $26.50 - may be available on day of performance when the box office opens. Limit 2 per customer. Subject to availability.

So you've never heard of a morning rush being subject to availability? Really?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Updated On: 3/28/10 at 01:40 AM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#55PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/28/10 at 1:45am

givesmevoice, FOR THE WIN.

Emily Faye is clearly a spoiled child who is used to always getting her way.

emilyfaye48
#56PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/28/10 at 1:57am

clearly the only show on that list I've seen is Memphis, so yeah I'm gonna stand by what I said.

Sorry I got burned by Promises today, doesn't mean I'm not going back as soon as I can to see it. And yes, when it comes to student rush I am spoiled out of my mind. This is the first time I've not gotten a ticket for a show I rushed, it had to happen sometime. Bummer it was so cold this morning, but I guess it could have been raining.

Now really let's all get off this god forsaken hell hole of a message board and put some more energy into loving theatre and less into hating on each other. I love theatre, you love theatre, let's all just love theatre.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#57PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/28/10 at 2:52am

Oh you cheap kids can have the first 2 rows of the theatre. I can afford better and at the same time feel like I'm actually contributing to the running cost/profit of shows I like instead of paying the cheapest price and having a false sense of entitlement.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#58PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/28/10 at 7:08pm

so, has anyone rushed yet? and if so, where are they?

kthanksbye.

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#59PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/28/10 at 11:26pm

"Subject to availability" can mean a variety of things, so let's not all be presumptuous bitches:

-- we may or may not offer rush tickets, depending on if the show is sold out or not (PROMISES, PROMISES)

-- we will have rush, but it's undetermined where they'll be, as we'll just stick you wherever there are open seats (ALL ABOUT ME, MEMPHIS, VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE)

-- we have rush seats, and they're always in the same spot, but they run out eventually, so they're not always available (LEND ME A TENOR, BEHANDING IN SPOKANE)

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#60PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/28/10 at 11:28pm

"so, has anyone rushed yet? and if so, where are they?"

There was no performance today.

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#61PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/28/10 at 11:54pm

blerg. well, I'm headed up to the city tomorrow to try for them. if I get them, I'll let y'all know.

supernova508
#62PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/29/10 at 2:20am

I'm going to try the rush tomorrow for the sake of this topic. I'll let you know what happens. If nothing, I'll just go get some AMERICAN IDIOT tix and enjoy that once again this week.

Hey folks, don't listen to the hideous beast known as Mildred. Supporting student rush definitely helps the theatre economy. He is just a hideous beast of a b*tch who reminisces on his fanboy days of CATS in the early 1980s. Sorry STARLIGHT EXPRESS didn't have student rush seats, sweetie.

Oh, and guess what hon, some of us are older than PASSION on this board but a he*l of a lot younger than you? You are a heinous creature on these boards to us "young folk" and I'm so over it. Enjoy spending double of what I spend on your back row mezz seats.

Also, if you'd like some "entitlement," here's some: you're an OLD queen picking on kids on a Broadway message board. You're clearly entitled to that, b*tch.

XOXO,
SuperNo
Updated On: 3/29/10 at 02:20 AM

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#63PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/29/10 at 5:24am

"Oh you cheap kids can have the first 2 rows of the theatre. I can afford better and at the same time feel like I'm actually contributing to the running cost/profit of shows I like instead of paying the cheapest price and having a false sense of entitlement. "

Sorry now but THAT is a big pile of crap and you know it. Some people arn't fortunate enough to be able to just splash out on top price tickets on a regular basis. I go to the theatre around 3 times a week and pay less than the cost of one full price ticket to see all three. I never feel like I am there on a false sense of entitlement because that is the price the producers decided to set.

BWayFanatic Profile Photo
BWayFanatic
#64PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/29/10 at 12:04pm

I just wanted to let you all know that student rush is/was available today.

I got the the box office at 10:45 (there was a huge general sales line) and I got seat B 109 in the rear mezzanine.

They seemed to be selling quite a few rush tickets, they seemed very strict with the student ID checking though.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#65PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/30/10 at 8:36pm

Anyone try later in the day? I'm planning on trying Wicked lotto (for Mandy) on Thursday and I would like to see Promises if I lose.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#66PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/30/10 at 8:48pm

How strict are they with the IDs? Mine doesn't have a date or anything like that on it. I wonder if they'll accept it. If not, my friend's ID says her year on it so maybe that'll be fine.

BWayFanatic Profile Photo
BWayFanatic
#67PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/30/10 at 10:13pm

Chita- It was on TKTS on Monday all the way up until almost curtain, so I'm not sure if that's a sign that they'd have them later on in the day.

Legally- My ID doesn't have a year on it, and the man still accepted it. He did look at it very closely, but you should be fine if your ID doesn't have a year

emilyfaye48
#68PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 3/31/10 at 1:47am

oh good. I'm very happy to hear there is rush actually happening. Hopefully I'll try this weekend.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#69PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 9:54am

Just got to the theater. I'm 21st in line, I'm hoping they sell a lot!

Drunk Chita Rivera
#70PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 10:41am

UPDATE: Not everyone in front of me was getting rush, but in the end I got a ticket. It's row R in the mezz, center. The lady in the box office was incredibly nasty abd gave me a really hard time about my ID because I used to have reallycurly hair but not it's short so she said "THAT'S you?" and rolled her eyes.

MiracleElixir
#71PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 10:49am

I was 15th in line today (got there at 9:30).

Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure rush tickets aren't 'whatever they have left' as has been mentioned before.

I just did a ticket search on Telecharge, and there are tickets available for tonight in the orchestra (though sparse), front mezz, mid-mezz, front-of-rear-mezz, middle-of-rear mezz -- but it seemed like everyone in the rush line was given Rear Mezz Q & R (i.e. the last two rows of the 2nd biggest theater on Broadway).

So, yeah, it's totally cool that they even offer student rush, so NOT bitching.

Just a warning to those who plan to do it: these are the definition of s***ty seats, and you will pretty much NEED binoculars to catch a glimpse of anything.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#72PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 11:20am

i.e. the last two rows of the 2nd biggest theater on Broadway

The Hilton and Gershwin are the two biggest theaters on Broadway. I'm not sure exactly where the Marquis falls, but it is definitely not the second biggest.

"Whatever they have left" doesn't necessarily mean any location. It could be whatever they have left in a certain section (in this case, the rear mezz). Naturally, the worst seats are the ones that are sold last and most likely to be available for rush.

Most rush policies say "subject to availability" and sell "whatever is left," but those two statements can mean a few different things. Some theaters would rather let a prime orchestra seat go empty than sell it for $30, because then they are lowering the value of the seat and sending a message to audience members that they can get great seats for cheap.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

MiracleElixir
#73PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 11:25am

The third biggest, so sorry. This is the Broadway, by the way, not the Marquis.

Um, and "whatever they have left" clearly DOES mean any location, by definition. You know... whatever they have left. Was just clarifying for those who haven't done it that the Rush seats are the REAR of the Rear Mezz (i.e. Rows Q& R), not just whatever's available, or just general Rear Mezz.

For instance, that first preview when no rush was sold, that doesn't mean the performance was sold out, just that the nosebleeds were sold out.

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#74PROMISES, PROMISES offering $30 student rush tickets
Posted: 4/2/10 at 11:35am

If we wanna get technical about it, the Broadway is the 4th-largest theatre in terms of seating capacity with 1733 seats. The 3 largest are the Gershwin (1809), Hilton (1799) and New Amsterdam (1797). The Marquis is 9th at 1611 seats.

The mezzanine at the Broadway is much larger than at the 3 bigger theatres though so it feels especially huge and far away from the stage.

Videos