News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

2017 Tony Awards Host

Butter Broadway Profile Photo
Butter Broadway
#502017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 3/28/17 at 11:19am

Patina Miller didn't announce anything.

BWWMatt Profile Photo
BWWMatt
#512017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 3/28/17 at 11:21am

Butter Broadway said: "Patina Miller didn't announce anything."

No she didn't, but she was announced as one of the people announcing the Tonys.
http://variety.com/2016/legit/news/tony-awards-nominations-patina-miller-andrew-rannells-1201731793/

She was replaced by Nikki M. James due to a scheduling conflict. 

BWWMatt Profile Photo
BWWMatt
#522017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 3/28/17 at 11:25am

Updated On: 3/28/17 at 11:25 AM

Jarethan
#532017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 3/28/17 at 11:47am

ethan231h said: "LesWickedly said: "Colbert would make the most sense. My dream would be Susan Blackwell, but that would never happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get Lin to do it, but doubt he'd do it.

You don't even understand how badly i want Susan Blackwell to host. oh well....

At the riskofprovingmy incredible ignotrance, who is she?

Chicken_Flavor Profile Photo
Chicken_Flavor
#542017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 3/28/17 at 6:27pm

She's an american actress, singer, and writer who has appeared in multiple musicals such as [title of show]. She also has an extremely popular web series on Broadway.com titled Side by Side by Susan Blackwell where she interviews the stars of popular shows.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#562017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 11:22am

Who's actually hosting tho. This is getting a bit silly now, why haven't they announced it yet.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

BroadwayConcierge
#572017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 11:26am

Valentina3 said: "Who's actually hosting tho. This is getting a bit silly now, why haven't they announced it yet."

I think it's getting to be a bit late, too, but remember that they announced Kristin Chenoweth and Alan Cumming as the 2015 hosts in very late April that year. Hoping it won't be that late this season...

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#582017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 11:31am

I would love for Jake Gyllenhaal and Annaleigh Ashford to host.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#592017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 11:38am

Three of the four years Neil Patrick Harris hosted, he wasn't officially announced after the nominations came out. It was only his third year in 2012 when he was announced beforehand.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#602017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 11:44am

It will likely be either Stephen Colbert or James Corden. I do see a possibility of Tina Fey hosting, in an effort to promote Mean Girls before it opens for next year. As she is not longer on an NBC show, she no longer needs to get their approval to host the Tony's on CBS. Another option is Rachel Bloom considering Crazy Ex Girlfriend is produced by CBS, and I am sure the CW would love the free publicity.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#612017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 11:46am

Valentina3 said: "Who's actually hosting tho. This is getting a bit silly now, why haven't they announced it yet."

It will have almost no impact, though. The people who watch The Tony Awards will watch The Tony Awards...

HBBrock
#622017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 11:48am

I'd love to see Mulaney and Kroll host as their Oh Hello characters.

BroadwayConcierge
#632017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 11:50am

HBBrock said: "I'd love to see Mulaney and Kroll host as their Oh Hello characters."

Still deep-down hoping for this. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#642017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 11:50am

HBBrock said: "I'd love to see Mulaney and Kroll host as their Oh Hello characters.

"

RIGHT?!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#652017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 11:51am

Or they can just do a bit with them throughout the night where they just talk abut it the winners and losers. They could just be sitting in the front row.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#662017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 11:53am

John Mulaney and Nick Kroll would be HILARIOUS! 

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#672017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 12:02pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Or they can just do a bit with them throughout the night where they just talk abut it the winners and losers. They could just be sitting in the front row.

That would be fun! they can call it "Too Much Tonys."

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Butter Broadway Profile Photo
Butter Broadway
#682017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 1:23pm

I would be totally okay with Colbert. Or maybe Laura Benanti can host?

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#692017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 2:32pm

Bold(?) prediction: It's gonna be Colbert

But if it was Kroll and Mulaney as Gil and George I would weep for joy 

JSquared2
#702017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 6:07pm

bdn223 said: " Another option is Rachel Bloom considering Crazy Ex Girlfriend is produced by CBS, and I am sure the CW would love the free publicity."

Except that 11 people actually know who Rachel Bloom is -- and all of them are already watching the Tonys no matter who is hosting.

BroadwayBeebe
#712017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 6:12pm

I am praying every day that Gil and George will make themselves seen on TONY night! Nick and John really brought so much joy to Broadway this season and I'm so sad that they aren't still running. I saw it 3 times and would have gone 3 more!

BroadwayConcierge
#722017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 6:20pm

Honestly, Kroll and Mulaney would make tremendous sense from a commercial audience perspective, too. Oh, Hello has easily been the show that most of my non-theatre friends have asked me about this season. I truly believe a lot of non-Tony regulars would tune in to see them. 

Chowsie Profile Photo
Chowsie
#732017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/3/17 at 8:17pm

Hairspray0901 said: "ethan231h said: "Hairspray0901 said: "Has a female ever hosted the Tony's before? 

"

to name a few....Whoopi, Kristin Chenoweth (co-host), Julie Andrews, 

"

I realize that now, I'm an idiot. Lol. Edited my post but guess not quick enough! 2017 Tony Awards Host

Updated On: 4/3/17 at 08:17 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#742017 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 4/4/17 at 8:45am

James Corden is going to be taking his late night talk show to London from June 6th-8th, so it doesn't look like he'll be hosting again this year...
http://deadline.com/2017/04/james-corden-london-trip-late-late-show-video-1202060639/

Videos