News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED- Page 2

Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#25Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED
Posted: 9/19/15 at 5:50pm

^I had no idea, thanks. I do recall Menzel talking about the need to work with her voice teacher to "sing it eight times a week."  Both for SF and then B'way. I'm curious who else has had her track record, which was pretty solid over her 18 months.  I was under the impression they all showed up for every performance.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

ozjust4 Profile Photo
ozjust4
#26Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED
Posted: 9/19/15 at 5:52pm

Most Elphabas will call out once a week nowadays, but it really depends on the Elphaba and the day of the week varies. It is usually on a 2 show Day.

neonlightsxo
#27Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED
Posted: 9/21/15 at 3:06pm

I don't know about her UK record, but Rachel did not miss a show in The Last Ship. I would be surprised if she skipped any shows, I feel like she's the type to do all 8. Not only does she have the stamina, she is so happy to be there.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#28Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED
Posted: 9/21/15 at 4:14pm

In terms of the Elphabas generally taking one day off a week, I think it should become standard practice for the alternate to have one scheduled performance each week so that the lead actress can rest her voice and so the audience will know when the lead will or will not be on before buying tickets.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

neonlightsxo
#29Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED
Posted: 9/21/15 at 4:20pm

I agree, but I think they don't do that because they want to focus on the show itself and not the actors in it (they're not above the title).

Matt1
#30Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED
Posted: 10/29/15 at 8:31pm

What has been her track record these past two months regarding missing shows?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#31Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED
Posted: 10/30/15 at 6:35am

neonlightsxo said: "I agree, but I think they don't do that because they want to focus on the show itself and not the actors in it (they're not above the title). "

The women play Christine aren't above the title.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

neonlightsxo
#32Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED
Posted: 10/30/15 at 9:09am

She has maybe missed 2 or 3 shows due to sickness.

Jorge, nobody said they were.

c0113g3b0y
#33Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED
Posted: 11/1/15 at 10:28am

it would be a good practice though, in order to give the principal actress a vocal rest? wouldn't it?

and maybe they should start pre recording the belting at the end of defying gravity.. lol. jk

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#34Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED
Posted: 11/5/15 at 8:40am

I saw the show last night. I have seen the tour countless times, but last night was my first time seeing the show on Broadway. I honestly felt like I was watching a completely different show. The set, lighting, and sound designs were just so much more vivid and clear. Everything was spot on. Also, I LOVE how to set goes out beyond the proscenium.

There are so many little things that have been taken out from the tour (a couple set pieces here and there, the flowers coming out of the floor for the cub scene, the back of the balloon flat for Wizomania during One Short Day, the stairs on the sides of the proscenium that allowed for some very effective blocking, the monkeys flying over the audience, and the list goes on).

This was definitely the best cast I have seen out of all the times I have seen the show. Rachel Tucker is giving an unforgettable performance as Elphaba. I was in awe. She IS Elphaba. I am a HUGE fan of the original novel, and Rachel Tucker's Elphaba is the closest I have ever seen an Elphaba come to resembling Elphaba in the book, so I loved that. She is giving an absolute must see performance. Kara Lindsay was the best Glinda I have seen. Her timing is sheer perfection and she lands every joke.

After seeing the rickety and tired second national tour back in July, it was such a treat to see the production in it's full glory. 

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

neonlightsxo
#35Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED
Posted: 11/5/15 at 10:52am

Glad you loved Rachel so much. I agree that she's the best Elphaba I've seen.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#36Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED
Posted: 12/22/15 at 2:57pm

Finally got to catch Rachel Tucker in the role for the first time, after a long time of waiting to see her!

She IS Elphaba. As my profile picture probably suggests, I've seen a pretty countless number of Elphies—but she brought a totally unique and new perspective to the role. It was really a remarkably different spin, and it made for a much more heartbreaking and empowering performance. Never have I seen such an incredible take on Elphaba. Instead of the traditional Act I Elphaba being portrayed as quick and fiery, Tucker seemed to play her a bit more awkwardly and subserviently, with an edge of underlying anger and fury. What this ultimately meant is that her "No Good Deed" BLEW the roof off of the Gershwin—everything seemed to culminate and climax in that number, and all of her performance choices were so, so worth it and meaningful. Perhaps the best acted Elphaba I've seen. Also...that voice. That VOICE. If you're itching to get back to Wicked one day but can't seem to pull the trigger, NOW is the time.

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#37Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED
Posted: 12/22/15 at 10:48pm

Anyone know who'll replace Kara Lindsay when she leaves next month?

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#38Rachel Tucker to Join Broadway's WICKED
Posted: 12/22/15 at 10:56pm

On the other thread someone mentioned Carrie St. Louis said something about a show in New York that she was very excited about.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Videos