News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?- Page 2

Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#25Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 1:53pm

I looked quickly at a half a dozen dates: plenty of seats at all performances. (although I don't think any of them were fri or sat.)

At 150 bucks a ticket (standard price) you'd only have to sell less than 6700 tickets to break a million. That doesn't even sell out the show for a full week.

I'm not saying that in a half hour that isn't impressive, just trying to put it in perspective.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BIG BALONEY Profile Photo
BIG BALONEY
#26Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 2:14pm

Love those $57 seats I can see the show and hear everything. Let others go for the big bucks. Go to the box office if you can and the hell with those convienance bull***t fees.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#27Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 2:18pm

Not to be a dick, but I *really* do hope they bring these prices down. I've spent more (YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, anyone?) -- but, I don't plan on splurging like that again.

Updated On: 3/8/15 at 02:18 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#28Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 2:24pm

I'll wait a little bit to see if some discount offers come out. Getting tix for three is a bit much. And from what I've heard I'm not willing to sit in the rear mezz.

I have an extra paycheck coming soon....but have lots to purchase!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ZannaDo
#29Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 3:39pm

Auggie27,
Not sure what the musical being hip hop or about history does to change that it, like all musicals now, cost somewhere around 12 mil to point. Broadway is a business and an expensive one. Their ticket prices are in line with every other show out there, with the bonus of the cheap mezz seats. I'm sure rush or lottery will be available for younger revolutionaries on a budget. Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#30Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 4:01pm

$290+ for the first 12 rows of the orchestra is "normal"? Sans the O'Neill, I don't know of too many other houses that are going for that much.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#31Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 4:03pm

Not yet. Give them time.

Poster Emeritus

MVintheheartland
#32Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 4:26pm

I got on at 915 (EDT) this morning, and got 2 tickets in Row R orchestra on the aisle. Took about 15 minutes, though, with all the "waiting to process" messages. Non-premium seats. These Broadway shows are starting to piss me off with all the "premium seats" which are starting to take up half the damn theatre.

This will be my 4th planned trip to NYC this year. I feel so guilty.

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#33Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 1:41am

I had a really hard time this morning as well. First off, I was really astonished and how far back and to the sides the Premium seats extended. I don't think of D 5&7 as premium seats - or row L either for that matter. Also, the whole first row was blocked off (also often available for non-premium prices for other shows) - I guess Hamilton is using them for their lottery. Secondly, the number of times I got an error message or selected seats and they were gone after I thought I added them to my cart (I guess someone else was also adding them simultaneously) was astonishing. Also, on the side orchestra, they wouldn't let you buy 4 seats if there was another one at the regular/non-premium price at the end - so that knocked out a lot of options and wasted a lot of my time figuring what I couldn't actually buy. After almost an hour, I ended up with D 9, 11, 15, 17 for late September.

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#34Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 9:22am

I went on Ticketmaster right at 9:00 EST and, although the first two groupings of seats I tried for got selected/bought by others before me, the third pair I selected went through. Everything else went very smoothly. I was done buying the tickets within 5 minutes.

Thrilled to see this show again!

neonlightsxo
#35Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 9:28am

To those complaining about premium, I'm sure they will become regular price close to the dates. Also, I'd be surprised if a $99 discount doesn't go out.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#36Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 11:10am

Did anyone notice something odd about the Hamilton seating chart? I went to the box office, so I didn't notice when I was buying tickets. When I got home, though, I called up the chart and saw that the periphery (two seats) of the orchestra are grayed out, not being sold. My daughter said maybe they're saving them for rush or lotto, but it seems a large number of seats for that. Plus, someone else noticed that Row A isn't being sold, and that makes more sense for rush.

Why would these tickets be unsold? Would they be that much partial view? My seat is right next to one of the grayed-out ones.

Updated On: 3/9/15 at 11:10 AM

FindingNamo
#37Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 11:15am

That's what I assumed while looking at that.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#38Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 11:31am

My guess would also be sightline kills.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Falling
#39Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 12:12pm

Dramamama-the rear mezz is excellent in the Rodgers (I like it better than the rear orchestra). The sightlines are just fine and so long as the sound system is good, you can hear very well. (I've sat there for two musicals and been just fine.)

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#40Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 12:55pm

About those bullsh*t fees:

So...I slept in thanks to daylight savings and, being lazy, decided not to walk the five blocks to the Marquis. I hopped on around 10:45 yesterday and grabbed two seats in Row B Center Mezz on the aisle...they were $151.50 each, which I thought wasn't bad since they're prime seats. I prepared myself for my laziness to be punished with ridiculous fees, but all that was added to the total was $3.26. I was sure I was doing something wrong. Are the fees wrapped into the ticket price? Or was Jesus just being kind to me yesterday?

neonlightsxo
#41Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 1:01pm

^ US $142.00
US $142.00 Ticket + US $9.75 Fees =
US $151.75

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#42Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 1:03pm

Thanks! I, for one, appreciated not knowing the price breakdown yesterday morning. And I'm good with what I paid to see this show again.

neonlightsxo
#43Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 1:04pm

I agree that 142 or even 151 isn't bad, considering they're charging 122 at the Public right now.

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#44Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 5:45pm

I went down to the box office yesterday afternoon, as everyone and their mother was on Ticketmaster and it wasn't working. Got row D in the rear me for $77 for first preview.

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

brdway411
#45Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 6:55pm

Waiting for TDF. I have seen it, I enjoyed it, but didn't love it and it was only $50 at The Public.

Updated On: 3/9/15 at 06:55 PM

musicaltheatreman2
#46Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 9:00pm

are they still doing student tickets for the show?

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#47Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 10:23pm

I have never had so much trouble getting tickets to anything. I was beginning to think it wasn't meant to be. Had a pair in my cart tonight in early August and before I finished checking out, they were gone. Ugh. But I finally got them. Now the waiting begins.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#48Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 10:29pm

I was thinking that I shouldn't have gone to the box office because the line was long, and I wasted valuable time waiting. But lots of folks apparently experienced trouble on the site. I'm surprised you're having trouble tonight, Glitter. I figure that the volume must be way down compared with yesterday.

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#49Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/9/15 at 10:41pm

I don't know how accurate this is, but I'm hearing that by the close of business yesterday they had sold about $4 million worth in tickets.

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Videos