News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?

Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#1Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 10:05am

I keep getting a message, "unable to process request". I had a pair of center orchestra seats and now they're gone. I'm very frustrated.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#2Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 10:10am

Yuuuup.

Can we *also* talk about the pricing?! Holy...

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#2Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 10:35am

Everyone.

There are currently no tickets available. I understood that the entire Public run is sold out.

Can you say hit? i knew that you could.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 10:36am

Tickets for the bway run went on sale at 9am.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#4Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 10:42am

I had trouble initially but kept refreshing and got Row D center mezz for October. It wouldn't let me pick my own seats, just offered "best available" for that date which was strange because there were other days where I was able to cherry pick the seats. I needed a specific date.

Mr. Musical Profile Photo
Mr. Musical
#5Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 10:46am

Ticketmaster was working fine for me. I got Row A of the Rear Mezz

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#6Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 11:05am

Unable to process request meant someone else in line was able to confirm purchase of the same seats you selected before you could complete your transaction.

The fact that others were not able to pick their own seats probably meant that the system was so bombarded by traffic that it reverted to picking seats for you, that is less taxing on the system.

buddy 11432 Profile Photo
buddy 11432
#7Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 11:05am

I had no trouble buying center orchestra seats at 9:15. Took about five minutes.

Perhaps the switch to daylight saving time at 2 AM helped more than I realized.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#8Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 11:11am

I'm not so much having trouble with Ticketmaster, I just ... can't get over these prices. $290+ for a front of house seat? That's a biiiit much.

Updated On: 3/8/15 at 11:11 AM

Buddy Plummer2
#9Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 11:19am

I mean, the mezz is priced pretty fairly: the side of the rear mezz are $65 each. I got front row, rear mezz, 22 and 24, for only $65 each (with tax)

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#10Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 11:34am

It looks to me as if most of the center orchestra is premium at $296. Very disappointing! I ended up in the side orchestra almost to the wall.

frankiec Profile Photo
frankiec
#11Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 11:35am

Just got tickets for the first preview with no problem. Front Mezz is $150; Rear Mezz is $130 or $85. Having only seen "In the Heights" from the Rear Mezz, decided to splurge for Front Mezz on this. The first preview will probably be a very fun, amped up night.

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#12Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 11:41am

I started at 9:10 and gave up around 10:00. I guess I'm too slow and too picky. Drat.

ZannaDo
#13Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 11:48am

Is anyone surprised re: the premium seats? I found the same to be true for a few shows I booked tickets to back in the fall. I'm just happy the rear mezz seats start at 59$, not bad at all. A friend got seats in Row K not too far to the side at the 142$ price in August an hour or so ago.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#14Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 11:54am

I got a message saying, "A LOT of fans are trying to get tickets right now so we're going to pick your seats for you. Should take about 20 minutes." I gave up, too, because the price matters more to be than the date, so I'll try again later.

rjm516
#15Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 12:01pm

I can't believe how far back in the orchestra 'premium' seating goes. Row N is not premium! I mean I understand charging ridiculous prices if you can, that's a popular show's right to do business, but it's annoying that they dare call merely fine seats premium.

Also hate that it's on ticketmaster not telecharge. I just hate Ticketmaster so so much.

Has there been any report on how much is sold?

ZannaDo
#16Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 12:06pm

Row N isn't premium? I bought Row L for myself and a friend is in K for the standard, 142$ price. Anyway, I'm sure a lot of those seats will drop in price if they're not sold for $292. Broadway's expensive, y'all. I don't blame them for trying to command top dollar, at least right when they go onsale.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#17Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 12:13pm

I wanted Row L in the center and the box office rep told me it it premium.

When I finally got to the box office (after waiting on line) at 9:30, I was told that a million dollars' worth of tickets had already been sold.

ZannaDo
#18Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 12:18pm

Is there maybe a difference between weekday/weeknight performances? My tickets are for a Weds matinee in late August. They're in the side section, but only a couple seats off the aisle.

rjm516
#19Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 12:32pm

ZannaDo that was bad on my part - Row N is considered premium here, I was trying to say it SHOULDN'T be. But yes, as far as I could tell, center orch is all premium pricing at least until N. Are you in K and L on the sides for regular orch pricing? $292 is ludicrous for anything but the very very best. I guess things have changed more than I realized, having never bought really expensive tickets..

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#20Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 12:33pm

The side sections of the orchestra are not premium. Edited: The sides of the orchestra in the front ARE premium.

Updated On: 3/9/15 at 12:33 PM

ZannaDo
#21Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 12:37pm

Yes, my seats are 4 and 6 in row L on the side. I've sat there for Heights and found it to be a great view. The sight lines at the Rodgers have been good IMO, even if the leg room is not.

dave1606
#22Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 12:40pm

If anyone is in NYC you can go to the Mariott Marquis box office and get tickets in person. It is very strange and confusing (no sign or anything) but I was there at 9am and got two sets of the $55 tickets ($57 with a $2 fee).

I got there at about 8am and no one was there. Went to get coffee and then there was 15 people there by around 9am.

I only saw a press release about it yesterday so it seems very last minute but I always like going to the actual box office to get tickets. I think they will be open for a few weeks selling tickets so might be a good option for people who are having issues online. I think they are open until 6pm today.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#23Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 12:57pm

A rap musical about a sociopolitical radical, seating "premium." Ironies not lost.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

15minutecall
#24Anyone having trouble getting Hamilton tickets?
Posted: 3/8/15 at 1:37pm

Macnyc, you "finally" got up to the box office at 9:30? That's just half an hour after it opened right?

Videos