News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY- Page 9

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#200re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/18/04 at 12:01pm

Whatever you say, Chita or would you rather be Eartha?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 1/18/04 at 12:01 PM

sheekala
#201re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/18/04 at 12:12pm

10)the fact that there are TWO TKTS booths for people to get a chance to attend a show. 9)That the names Lane and Broderick are on the marquee at the St. James re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAYthat the current cast of Phantom seem to have gotten their act together and have made the show have some dramatic meat on it's bones again. 7)Hal Prince (see above) 6) knowing Hairspray has never lost it's joyful heart and soul! 5)Shaiman,Wittman,Waters and of course Harvey and the cast(see above) 4)being able to catch some truly inspired performers steal their moments in the big hits, like Jim Borstelman and Jennifer Gambastese and Derrick Williams to name a few. 3)Alec Baldwin returns to the stage in a comedic role that I think he was born to play, this should be fun. 2)Mourning for Uta Hagen, BUT remembering all she had done for actors everywhere on the planet. Hopefully she's in Heaven finding her mark and chatting with Collen Dewhurst, another warrior for the actor. And the number one GREAT thing about Broadway at the moment....Adam Fleming's smile onstage, who needs footlights! (and I'd like add a footnote with saying it was great to see all the attractive faces at Fridays chat, you have no idea how wonderful it was to hear and SEE Dollypop smile!)

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum Bring gloom down to the minimum Have faith or pandemonium's Liable to walk upon the scene
Updated On: 1/18/04 at 12:12 PM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#202re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/18/04 at 12:26pm

Bravo sheekala! BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

#203re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/18/04 at 1:52pm

I second that Bravo to Sheekala. Phantom2, I realized it wasn't you on that rope once you came all the down to the stage because Jane is taller than you.

GREAT post Sheekala

MegGiry Profile Photo
MegGiry
#204re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/18/04 at 3:24pm

1)Hugh Panaro--an adorable Phantom!!!
2)Chita Rivera--Fantastic performance in Nine!!
3)The Producers
4)Hairspray
5)Michael Crawford--the nicest man in the world
6)Howard McGillan--another nice man
7)Brad Little
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAYThomas James O'Leary
9)Sutton and Hunter Foster
10)Angela Christian--I met her at the stage door! She is so FRIENDLY!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Sad to be all alone in the world!!" Mrs Meers

http://groups.msn.com/The Jerry Herman Appreciation Society

broadwayguy2
#205re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/18/04 at 3:30pm

a girl deserving a list of her own

JESSICA GROVE
1. the best Dorothy since Judy Garland
2. the best Eponine ever
3. haven't seen her as Miss Dorothy in 'Millie' yet, but I KNOW she is fab
4. a radiant smile
5. beautiful hair
6. a crystal, glorious soprano
7. dances like a dream
8. a TOTAL sweetheart
9. should have been Belle and would do a DAMN good job
10.a triple threat who you are going to want to remember seeing now, because given the right show, she is gonna be a star

#20610 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 12:13pm

10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT HAIRSPRAY AND THOSE THAT LOVE THEM.

1 - Phantoms2 in heels
2 - Marc Shaiman in a cabaret setting singing "Fat As I Am"
3 - Broadwayguy2 in bigger heels
4 - Sara Gettlefinger in flats
5 - Adam Fleming in nothing
6 - Mary Bond Davis in pearls
7 - Tracy Jai Edwards in a blond wig
8 - Jerry Mitchell in a rare butch moment
9 - Penny Lou Pingleton in her new glasses
10 - Scott Wittman in a new outfit. Slave to fashion. Updated On: 1/19/04 at 12:13 PM

broadwayguy2
#207re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 12:17pm

5 - Adam Fleming in nothing

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 - Jerry Mitchell in a rare butch moment

Jerry has had a butch moment??

#208re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 12:26pm

I'm telling.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#209re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 12:30pm

broadwayguy2- Go directly to detention. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

broadwayguy2
#210re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 12:30pm

I deserved to be punished..

Now put me in the special ed class so Chester can teach me how dance and then we can play dodge ball so that Tracy Jai or Jordan can knock me out..... just as long as Adam.. or Jeff.. is on as Link that is (no Blake please!)

Wherever I am, please, no one change the channel! Updated On: 1/19/04 at 12:30 PM

#211re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 12:34pm

Jordan will definitely hit you harder playing dodge ball. That girl is tough.

But she's GREAT.

Tracy will hit you but she'll be much more polite. She's a Texas girl. But now that I'm thinking about it, Jordan is from Oklahoma. What's up with all these southern Ambers?

Updated On: 1/19/04 at 12:34 PM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#212re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 12:36pm

OK, broadwayguy2, leave your high heels on the way out.

broadwayguy2
#213re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 12:36pm

Just like Tracy Jai, I am a born and raised Texas girl.... let me tell you something.. us southern girls are experts on being passively bitchy.... which translates well into Amber Von Tussle

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#214re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 12:39pm

Well, we all know what happened to her...

#215re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 12:40pm

Yeah, I went to school in Houston. I know all about you Southerners.

broadwayguy2
#216re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 12:41pm

mmhmm.. you know EXACTLY what I mean.. that is why all of these Ambers are southern Belles...

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#217re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 12:45pm

PodiumPerson - Which school in Houston?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#219re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 1:16pm

When were you there? I had some friends there.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

#220re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 1:19pm

Here's something GREAT. I actually graduated.

I went there my junior and senior years. I graduated in 1979.

GASP OF GREATNESS Updated On: 1/19/04 at 01:19 PM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#221re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 1:25pm

So you're not just a pretty face? You have brains and a degree too. Woohoo!!!!!!! That is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

broadwayguy2
#223re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 1:28pm

High school.. senior.. 79..

**does math**

Updated On: 1/19/04 at 01:28 PM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#224re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/19/04 at 1:30pm

Damn. Sorry.

Videos