News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

New RENT TRAILER! Today AUG 25 on ACCESS HOLLYWOOD- Page 5

New RENT TRAILER! Today AUG 25 on ACCESS HOLLYWOOD

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#100It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:15pm

Is this the same trailer on the aol site? Or a new one?

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#101It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:24pm

"There has to be more to it than what was used in the trailer."

No, there doesn't have to be more. And there probably isn't. whiskedaway, me and many others think the TRAILER has strong and weak spots.

Great = Rosario Dawson's dancing scenes and the cinematography for La Vie Boheme.

Bad = Actually showing the end of the movie in the trailer, the likelihood that it actually takes place on the couch and was not filmed like this for the trailer since it's consistent with the screenplay (not that you can say it isn't for a fact, seeing as how you are neither the director, the editor or one of the main actors in this film), those cheesy/non-subtle intertitles like "love" and "struggle," the fact that some of the dialogue incorporated into this trailer really doesn't tell anyone who hasn't seen the show anything about what happens in the film.

I don't know why I waste my time defending my opinions on the Rent publicity with you. Whatever I say, you will find a way to shoot it down as if it were absolutely implausible. Oh well. I think the trailer has strong points and weak points and there isn't a thing you can do to change my opinion of it - THE TRAILER (which can be judged independently of the film).

EDIT: Criticizing a trailer with the film in mind doesn't mean we aren't still excited about it and planning to see it twice even if it's not a very good film. We are simply able to offer balanced opinions of it. Balanced opinions that Columbus can still take into account while preparing this film for release.

Additionally, I don't mean that there couldn't possibly be "more" to staging Finale B on the couch... rather, Marquise's ugly habit of attempting to dispel anything less-than-favorable that people say in his "know it all/kiss my p.r. ass" way is something that must be opposed, even if it means blatantly contradicting whatever he says just to set him off.
Updated On: 8/26/05 at 07:24 PM

#102It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:34pm

my tivo is all set!

itsmeeeee Profile Photo
itsmeeeee
#103It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:38pm

They showed the dialoge that would be Christmas Bells and Happy New Year. And why was Joanne UNLOCKING a door. and whatever happened to angels curlier wig for the HNY scene?

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#104It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:40pm

Evelyn my comments weren't made directly to you but more in reference to all the comments posted about FINALE B in the trailer so for starters dig in and pull the bug that crawled up your ass.

And second you can't say it's a fact either. You weren't on the set, you didn't write the screenplay you sure as hell didn't direct the movie nor did you star in it. so what the F*CK are you carrying on about.

GET. A F*CKING LIFE.

EDIT: Don't bother responding to me. I will not see it. You are blocked. Don't care to fill my eyes with your babbling cry baby bull****.
Updated On: 8/25/05 at 07:40 PM

whiskedaway Profile Photo
whiskedaway
#105It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:40pm

one more thing. the lack of Taye Diggs in the trailer makes me sad It's awesome lol, i think there was only one shot of him

marvin2 Profile Photo
marvin2
#106It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:41pm

FYI Evelyn, not that I disagree with your opinion, but a lot of trailers show the end of the film being advertised in them, though not in context.

Avatar (C) Gregory Jbara, used with permission. Visit his web site at www.gregoryjbara.com! Click here!
Updated On: 8/25/05 at 07:41 PM

EvelynNesbit1906
#107It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:43pm

LOL, Marquise you're a lunatic and much more aggressive with your views than anyone else whose posts I'm forced to see on this board - just because I like reading about Rent so much. It is a pity that I can't block you because sometimes (sometimes) you actually have interesting things to say. You don't need to reprimand anyone for their reaction to Finale B in the trailer. You need to learn to respect other people's opinions and wise up about the possibility that this film will (like all other films) not be perfect.
Updated On: 8/25/05 at 07:43 PM

theaterfan194
#108It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:44pm

i thought it was great
idina looked great
rosario looked hot hot.... i cant wait
for the movie im dying here

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#109It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:46pm

is the scene where they show rosario singing, rising up a shot in a church from angel's funeral scene?

is "i should tell you" the scene where adam kisses rosario in the snow?

is "out tonight" going to be a montage sequence with "mimi" singing this song in different places. her striper outfit in the first trailer is different than the one shown in the international and this newer trailer. there's also a shot of her sitting on the edge of a fire escape.
Updated On: 8/25/05 at 07:46 PM

LaVieBoheme2 Profile Photo
LaVieBoheme2
#110It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:48pm

I just saw it and it was really good, but a lot shorter than the last. I was kind of hoping it would be a La Vie Boheme one, but whatever. I taped it so I'll be able to watch it again and catch more of it, but they did have one of my favorite lines ever, the "you always said how lucky you were that we were all friends, but it was us, baby, who were the lucky ones." When I first heard that line in the show years ago I started crying like crazy, and when I saw it last Saturday, it had the same effect on me. I just hope that they don't give out the whole plot before it opens, I think a little bit of surprise is good for people that don't know it.

Elyse. No day but Today. My avatar: me talking to Norbert Leo Butz.

EvelynNesbit1906
#111It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:48pm

"FYI Evelyn, not that I disagree with your opinion, but a lot of trailers show the end of the film being advertised in them, though not in context."

Thanks for offering this respectful insight. Marquise could really learn from you - instead of setting off people who once bothered to overlook his hateful posts long enough to tell him that he's actually a pretty cute guy. Anyway, I'm not troubled by the fact that the ending is so extensively featured in the trailer so much as the maudlin vibes it sends. I'm trying hard to build support for this film elsewhere so that it can be back in contention for awards, but I'm finding it hard to do the more trailers that emphasize the sappy aspects of Rent are released. With that in mind, the intertitles and singing the song on the couch while holding each other are probably what bother me most. For Chrissake just tell the audience (with dialogue) that this is a show about people fighting the Man and call it a day. That's what will get butts in theater seats - not ambiguity.

Updated On: 8/25/05 at 07:48 PM

ReNtHeAd04
#112It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:49pm

anywhere this trailer is online yet? i've been computerless all last night and today and had no idea.. damnnit

"maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away" -sex and the city

EvelynNesbit1906
#113It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:50pm

"is the scene where they show rosario singing, rising up a shot in a church from angel's funeral scene?"

I didn't gather that she was singing. She looked to be almost moaning, possibly because she is close to death at this point in the narrative.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#114It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:50pm

*sigh* even I wasn't crazy about Idina's delivery of that line. When she was in the show, that line brought me to tears and absolutely gave me chills...there was nothing really wrong about what she did in the trailer, but...the way she used to do it on stage was SO. POWERFUL. However, I'm sure that says very little about what her overall performance will be like.

I really, REALLY liked a lot of what I saw. As others have mentioned, that last scene looks kind of silly. I hope that there IS more than what we saw in the trailer. Most of it really looked incredible though.

I also have to agree about the dialogue in the trailer...it gives those who know nothing about this show very little to work with. I also think there should be something showing the "Tango:Maureen," "Out Tonight," "Take Me or Leave Me," and "La Vie Boheme" vibe in the film to show people that it's not just a "sappy" movie about love.

Updated On: 8/25/05 at 07:50 PM

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#115It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:54pm

but it *is* about love...

"seasons of LOVE...."

..isn't it?

It's awesome

EvelynNesbit1906
#116It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:57pm

is "out tonight" going to be a montage sequence with "mimi" singing this song in different places. her striper outfit in the first trailer is different than the one shown in the international and this newer trailer. there's also a shot of her sitting on the edge of a fire escape.
====================
Well there are at least two explanations for this. The first is that there are at least two scenes (one not featuring Out Tonight) that take place in the Cat Scratch Club. The second is that Out Tonight takes place in several locations and Rosario does change costumes (or rather, add on/take off clothes) during the number.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#117It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:58pm

Yes, it is, Marquise. I'm not saying it's not. But many people in the age range who would probably end up LIKING this movie will probably watch these trailers and dismiss it as a "sappy romantic comedy." Just ask my brother. Or some of his friends. Or my cousin's friends. Or the kids I go to school with. Or...yeah.

There's a very different side to this movie that's being completely lost in the trailers, and I think it would be a wise move to show it. That's all I'm saying.

Updated On: 8/25/05 at 07:58 PM

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#118It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:58pm

"I'm trying hard to build support for this film elsewhere so that it can be back in contention for awards, but I'm finding it hard to do the more trailers that emphasize the sappy aspects of Rent are released."

I hear ya. This could be such an important, widely reaching movie across America if it's done well and marketed correctly.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#119It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 8:01pm

Absolutely beautiful. I was watching with my family, so I had to fight back the tears I knew would come - I just watched it again alone and cried. Out Tonight looks so incredibly perfect.

I can't wait.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

EvelynNesbit1906
#120It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 8:03pm

"I hear ya. This could be such an important, widely reaching movie across America if it's done well and marketed correctly."

Right, and not just because of the messages the film itself sends (which may be very well dated and a little less deep than they once seemed to be) but also because the respect and admiration that this very diverse cast has for one another is probably reflected in the film. It's a fascinating example of people who were working together for much more than money.

I also agree with your statement that most of it looks incredible. However, in this respect I have to think back to A.I. - another incredible film that is remembered as "bad" mostly because its ending didn't work. All it takes is one big mistake to get bad reviews.

theaterfan194
#121It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 8:03pm

the new trailers here
http://movies.aol.com/movie_exclusive_rent_clip
its longer

theatrebabe
#122It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 8:05pm

hey,um,i just got back from watching Access Hollywood and i didn't see it.i missed the first 10 min. roughly,did they do it there?they didn't say anything about it in the preveiw thing or the ending,what's up?

"While some feel it is a film related question, I seem to think it may be a 'I am thinking of losing my winkie' sort of question."
-cheezedoodle

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#123It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 8:06pm

Yeah, it was toward the beginning, theatrebabe. But it's online now - someone just posted the link.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Atrias Profile Photo
Atrias
#124It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 8:07pm

It's on the Rent blog now, you can check it out there.

Videos