News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

New RENT TRAILER! Today AUG 25 on ACCESS HOLLYWOOD- Page 4

New RENT TRAILER! Today AUG 25 on ACCESS HOLLYWOOD

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#75It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 5:40pm

OMG I am speechless right now. That was amazingly beautiful and wonderful beyond description. My mouth is still hanging open in awe.

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

whiskedaway Profile Photo
whiskedaway
#76It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 5:45pm

just watched it again and i have a few more comments.

the sets and such look really really clean, and very well lit, the other trailers scenes looked more dirty for some reason.

i really really really hope thats not how they filmed finale b, it looks really awkward for the screen, like they are almost on a stage peforming it, instead of inside a room.
Updated On: 8/25/05 at 05:45 PM

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#77It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 5:49pm

"i really really really hope thats not how they filmed finale b, it looks really awkward for the screen, like they are almost on a stage peforming it, instead of inside a room."

I'm glad other people are concerned about this. I was slightly okay with "there is no future... there is no past..." being sung in the apartment, but surely there are more cinematic ways to approach the entire choral part. My sense from the trailers is that Columbus and the cast are guilty of thinking that this material translates seamlessly to the screen. It doesn't... and people are saying so.

Updated On: 8/25/05 at 05:49 PM

One Song Glory
#78It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 5:54pm

Whoa. That was so cool. I think I'm going to scream.

*takes a deep breath*

I have GOT to watch it again.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#79It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 5:59pm

I was sitting here in an empty room (I'm going to college tomorrow) about to pack my computer when I decided to come to BWW quickly. Now I can't get out of my chair because I'm so happy.

I never realized until now that by the end of the show Collins as well as Mark are alone, and that in the trailer they appear together (not as lovers but more in an 'I'm a loner too and I understand your pain' sort of way). Clips of LVB look great.

I can not WAIT for the 23rd.

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

today4u:proofpositiv
#80It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:00pm

another amazing trailer!! saw it twice :)

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#81It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:04pm

"My sense from the trailers is that Columbus and the cast are guilty of thinking that this material translates seamlessly to the screen. It doesn't... and people are saying so."

That was kinda my problem with his HP movies. It was almost too close to the source material b/c too many details (that didn't work on film) were there. *ponders this* :-/

I'm going to not say anything else, simply b/c I really don't know what to think...

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"
Updated On: 8/25/05 at 06:04 PM

FabalaYero85
#82It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:06pm

"i really really really hope thats not how they filmed finale b, it looks really awkward for the screen, like they are almost on a stage peforming it, instead of inside a room."

In the show and the same with the movie, towards the end of Finale B they are watching Mark's movie Today 4 U: Proof Positive. So that is why they are sitting like that.

I LOVE this trailer. Its gorgeous and I can't wait to see it on the big screen.

hmm...
Updated On: 8/25/05 at 06:06 PM

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#83It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:06pm

Alright, some more thoughts, I really wish they had used at least a bit of one of the more rock-sounding songs in the trailer. The music combined with the images and some of the lines just makes things seem a bit too sappy at times. They need to show the fun exciting side of the movie more.

On a couple more viewings, I don't mind Idina's delivery so much, although it does sound awfully "delivered", but it wasn't a line that was necessary to have in the trailer and I fear it might get a bad reaction in the theater.

It seems like some of scenes in the movie could've been done more cinematically in different settings or with different angles, but I'll wait until I see it to judge for sure.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
Updated On: 8/25/05 at 06:06 PM

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#84It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:08pm

"In the show and the same with the movie, towards the end of Finale B they are watching Mark's movie Today 4 U: Proof Positive. So that is why they are sitting like that."

But even if it can be rationalized in a narrative sense, that doesn't make it *feel* right. It still looks and feels awkward to us. I think it would even be much better to just play Finale B over the film without any cuts to the cast singing it. But I know from the screenplay that this and other numbers will probably be very, very theatrical in their staging. This would be especially unfortunate for Finale B since, well, it's the last impression of the film with which viewers are left.

Out Tonight, Tango: Maureen, La Vie Boheme, Santa Fe, I Should Tell You and Light My Candle still look great.

Updated On: 8/25/05 at 06:08 PM

ashley0139
#85It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:14pm

That was GORGEOUS! Completely beautiful! I am glad they showed more than Seasons of Love. Or, we heard more than that.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

whiskedaway
#86It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:28pm

thats true that they are watching the movie at the end. even so, something about it just dosent look right. i realize its just the trailer, and it will hopefully be different in the movie, but something about it just seems really un-exciting. they are all just standing there, and its seems it would be a rather boring way to end the movie. like i said, i know its just a trailer, but i really hope that the ending will not be presented like that.

"I think it would even be much better to just play Finale B over the film without any cuts to the cast singing it."

i also think that would be a good way to do it, but i figured they probably wouldint.
Updated On: 8/25/05 at 06:28 PM

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#87It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:31pm

looks awesome

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#88It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:32pm

I cried. Is that really sad that I cried or is it okay? LOL

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#89It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:35pm

And Idina best win the Oscar. She's gonna be phenomenal. As will the whole cast. Her delivery of her one line in that trailer alone made me start bawling.

LuvBroadwayHugs
#90It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:36pm

I have SUCH chills right now. Man. I can't wait =D

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥

One Song Glory
#91It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:39pm

Oh great, now my brother won't stop singing Finale B. So annoying.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#92It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:40pm

AMAZING.

karlean7 Profile Photo
karlean7
#93It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:00pm

Some parts of it look GREAT, and for what it's worth, I really liked Rosario's delivery of "Sure". THAT to me was a good line delivery. Less impressed by Idina's, I once heard Maggie Benjamin say it, and she was nearly in tears by the end of it, so that is, in my mind, the best way to say that line. But who knows.

I do agree that the way they did Finale B bugs me, though. Come on, it's film. Have a billion quick cuts, show life in NYC, and open it up to be about more than just these 8 people. I say this having not seen the movie, of course, but...I just think that what little I've seen is lacking imagination. The ending on the stage is great, but NOT because of the people sitting there. It's because of the projection (one of the best uses of projection I've seen in a musical, actually). So why not just have it be like that?

theatrebabe
#94It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:02pm

OMG!!!the 23 can NOT come fast enough,that was amazing!i nearly broke down right here!

"While some feel it is a film related question, I seem to think it may be a 'I am thinking of losing my winkie' sort of question."
-cheezedoodle

theatrebabe
#95It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:10pm

wait-so is that the excact trailer they're showing on Access Hollywood,and r they interveiwing ppl or somrthing?aww and ur right jacobtsf Collins and Mark very cute at the end like that

"While some feel it is a film related question, I seem to think it may be a 'I am thinking of losing my winkie' sort of question."
-cheezedoodle

whiskedaway
#96It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:10pm

"And Idina best win the Oscar. She's gonna be phenomenal. As will the whole cast. Her delivery of her one line in that trailer alone made me start bawling. "

are you serious? no offense if your an Idina fan or something but come on, she sounded like a 7th grader in a school play with that line.

kas Profile Photo
kas
#97It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:12pm

i can't open it on that site, for some reason. is it anywhere else? can someone post a link? thansk!

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#98It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:14pm

Why are people jumping on the Finale B that's used in the trailer as if it were the final cut of the film. There has to be more to it than what was used in the trailer.

You guys obviously don't know that sometimes what's used in a trailer sometimes differs from what's in the finished product.

All I'm saying is: Wait until November 23rd. I'm positive no one will be disappointed.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#99It's awesome
Posted: 8/25/05 at 7:15pm

Oh and before I forget:
Rosaro is TOO HOT TO HANDLE! Damn that woman drives me craaaaaaaazy. She's going to blow the roof off as "Mimi".

Videos