News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Most Moving Song

WISHIHADATONY Profile Photo
WISHIHADATONY
#25re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 12:02am

What I did For Love, within its context of A CHORUS LINE.

"Blow out the candles Robert and make a wish. Want something, want SOMETHING."

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#26re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 12:02am

"role of a lifetime" ~bare

SO moving.

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Glinda's Candy Profile Photo
Glinda's Candy
#27re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 12:46am

Chorus Line "WIDFL" is very moving indeed. Especially when the entire cast joins Priscilla Lopez towards the end - top stuff.
X

I got you. Yeah, I got you on camera - you on candid camera now... An' you ain't know that...

iwearshoes Profile Photo
iwearshoes
#28re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 1:04am

anything from ragtime but mostly back to before and he wanted to say

*andother day from rent
*what you won from rent
*gods love nubia from aida

LetMeLeave
#29re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 1:05am

the only answer to this question is THE FINALE OF RENT!!!!!!!

sipos
#30re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 1:27am

Totally agree with iwearshoes about those 2 from RAGTIME.

And another for me, "People Like Us" from THE WILD PARTY [LaChiusa]

*Mmmm Updated On: 3/12/05 at 01:27 AM

iwearshoes Profile Photo
iwearshoes
#31re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 1:37am

ooh i thought of another one....happiness from yagmcb it just makes me smile so much :)

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#32re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 1:50am

Somewhere that's Green, LSoH
Totale Finsternis, Tanz der Vampire, (Translation)
Total Eclipse of the Sun, Dance of the Vampire
Before I gaze at You, Camelot
Send In the Clowns, A Little Night Music
I Don't Know How to Love Him, JC Superstar
The Vaults of Heaven, Whistle Down The Wind
No Matter What, Whistle Down the Wind
Whistle Down the Wind, Whistle Down the Wind
Another Suitcase in Another Hall, Evita
No one is Alone, Into the Woods
A Hundred Million Miracles, Flower Drum Song
almost all of RENT

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

Parks
#33re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 1:55am

Wow, nobody said Godspell's Finale? That's the only play I have cried in...(first I said I teared up, but now I'll admit that I cried.) I also kinda teared up in Avenue Q when he dumps her..even though I knew it was coming. hahaha-a guy sitting close to me after that part goes, "Oh, sh*t.." It was priceless.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#34re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 2:03am

yikes, I forgot Godspell....there were a couple there.....

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

Urban
#35re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 2:10am

"Wheels of a Dream" - Ragtime
"Kim's Nightmare/The Fall of Saigon" - Miss Saigon
"Fantasies Come True" - Avenue Q

iwearshoes Profile Photo
iwearshoes
#36re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 2:15am

aww man how could i forget wheels of a dream?!? oh well, easy as life from aida while we are at it!

Practically Perfect Profile Photo
Practically Perfect
#37re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 3:07am

I agree with many of the above, particularly "For Good"/ "Finale" from Wicked. I find "Home" and "Beauty and the Beast" from BatB very moving, and I also find Elaine Paige's rendition of "As If We Never Said Goodbye" to be a bit of a tear-jerker. Phantom's finale always leaves me feeling drained. "Hello, Young Lovers" from The King and I, possibly.

Parks
#38re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 3:14am

Fantasies Come True wouldn't make me cry because it moved me...it would make me cry because there is just this ONE part where the harmony sounds so amazing-and make you're fantasies COME TRUE (before the end-where Rod says "Faaantaaasies come truuue.")

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

phantom_tenor Profile Photo
phantom_tenor
#39re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:21am

West Side Story's full of them. Even though it's not really tragic or anything, for some reason i always cry in the counterpoint bit, where tony and maria are singing: "tonight, tonight, won't be just any night...etc" and the jets are singing "We're gonna rock it tonight...etc" It just sounds so good it brings tears to my eyes. And, of course, Somewhere, especially the reprise, right at the end. Where tony dies mid-phrase. It's so tragic.

The Finale of Phantom of the Opera always has me blubbering, and Point Of No Return gives me shivers, as does Music of the Night in the "Let your mind start a journey..." bit.

Les Mis has a fair few: One Day More, I Dreamed a Dream, Empty Chairs at Empty Tables.

And as far as opera goes, here are just a few the spring to mind: Mimi's death in La Boheme ( crying just thinking about it). Caradavossi's/tosca's death in Tosca. Carmen's death in Carmen. Vesti La Guibba in Il Pagliacci. I can't be bothered going on

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#40re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:35am

Ragtime!! I always cried during Gliding.

Sant
#41re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 8:51am

There are so many...

"Memory" - CATS

"Something Wonderful" - THE KING AND I. Such a beautiful melody!

"Till We Reach That Day" - RAGTIME

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#42re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 9:31am

All the Love I have, The Beautiful Game

how could I forget that

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#43re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 9:51am

I'll Cover You Reprise

Do You Hear The People Sing?

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#44re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 9:59am

Let Them Hear You - Ragtime
The Glory - The Civil War

Poster Emeritus

ikmbway
#45re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 10:12am

for good ill cover you goodbye love nd umm i cant think of all the others i want to list

riv
#46re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 10:14am

"I Have Dreamed" from The King And I & "Love, Look Away" from the (original) Flower Drum Song.

IveGottaBeME
#47re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 12:24pm

Basically, everything from Rent... Glory, Another Day, Goodbye love, I'll Cover You Reprise.. but the most moving song ever is LOTS WIFE, hands down.

Becky
#48re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 12:55pm

One that comes to mind is "The Group" from The Last Session (about a person attending an AIDS life support group for the first time.) Probably one of the most moving songs I've ever heard.

Elphaba4
#49re: Most Moving Song
Posted: 3/12/05 at 3:00pm

I've got a few too: "Put your hands together" and "Once before I go" from BFO "Defying Gravity" and "For Good" from Wicked "I know the truth" and the finale of Aida "A little fall of rain" from Les Miz

"There will always be women in rubber flirting with me" ~Maureen, RENT

Videos