News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Heidi Chronicles to close?- Page 6

Heidi Chronicles to close?

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#125Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 10:35am

"steadily declined over the past decade." ummm right because singing the national anthem at the super bowl, and singing all over the world for major people, and performing at the met and other great opera houses is declining. Plus, LOL did well out of town. Even if the show didn't have a star in it, I still think it would do well on Broadway.

Im looking forward to seeing how much Hand to God and Living on Love made this week.

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#126Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:05am

"you see that would be considered a JOKE. Y'all don't get it."

Is this your new strategy? Making some assertion or statement and then when questioned, insist you didn't *actually* mean it?

Because, again: everyone else seems to be understood on this forum.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Phillypinto
#127Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:08am

If i say something like "your opinions are wrong," I'm gonna assume you're going to understand that was a joke. I guess not

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#128Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:09am

Let it be known that, in a six page thread, there hasn't been discussion related to the actual topic of the thread since page one.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#129Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:20am

To move this thread along, believe Heidi will close shortly as it is dying at the box office.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 4/13/15 at 11:20 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#130Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:20am

"If i say something like "your opinions are wrong," I'm gonna assume you're going to understand that was a joke. I guess not"

Why would we, when you also say things like "it's a fact that American in Paris is going to get bad reviews"? You have given us literally no standard by which to judge whether or not anything you say is a joke.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 4/13/15 at 11:20 AM

Phillypinto
#131Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:25am

well mostly everybody slammed the show leading me to believe it sucked!!! Thats why i can't listen to anybody on this board anymore because everybody on here is a know it all, and then different things end up happening

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#132Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:26am

So I guess the only thing for you to do is leave.

Phillypinto
#133Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:27am

I hope The Honeymooners comes to Broadway this fall

Liza's Headband
#134Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:28am

I hope you get banned. 

Phillypinto
#135Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:32am

do people get banned?

Liza's Headband
#136Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:32am

Yes. You were banned under your previous usernames. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#137Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:35am

"well mostly everybody slammed the show leading me to believe it sucked!!! Thats why i can't listen to anybody on this board anymore because everybody on here is a know it all, and then different things end up happening"

I'm done. You are quite possibly the most useless and immature poster I have ever seen on this message board, and considering the things that have come through here, that is quite an accomplishment.

i hope reality smacks you hard in the face, and soon.

Phillypinto
#138Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:36am

This is the only profile I've ever had. I have no reason to make several profiles unlike you.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#139Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:37am

"well mostly everybody slammed the show leading me to believe it sucked!!! Thats why i can't listen to anybody on this board anymore because everybody on here is a know it all, and then different things end up happening"

Phil, that is just no so.  I hope your recall of information is better on your exams.  You slammed the show, as I recall, before it even started previews.  Even after people (ok, me) pointed you to the glowing reports from Paris.  

On topic - I think Heidi may try to struggle through to it's August closing date.  If Heidi were going to close earlier, then I think Music Box would have tried to get King Charles III to start earlier than October.  King Charles III's dates coincide with a Heidi closing date of August.  Of course, it may be that the Heidi producers just had not  yet decided to throw in the towel and Music Box couldn't give King Charles III any earlier opening date - even if the Music Box wanted an earlier date.

Phillypinto
#140Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:40am

i said i didn't think it would be nominated because shows that are more original are more worthy of a nomination. I also thought it was gonna suck lol

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#141Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:42am

"i said i didn't think it would be nominated because shows that are more original are more worthy of a nomination. I also thought it was gonna suck lol"

Whatever.  

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#142Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:44am

I don't think opening sooner than October is that great of an idea for a play like KING CHARLES III.  I understand the logic of having an extra few playing weeks added to the limited engagement, but those weeks aren't exactly a hotbed of interest for straight plays.  Even if the Music Box had been made available to the producers for the summer, I doubt they would have taken the offer.

Phillypinto
#143Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:45am

I would think this play would want a longer run, no? Especially since it just won an Olivier

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#144Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:50am

My point is that there isn't that much of an audience for straight plays in August/September, which is why so few shows open during that period generally.  Really just the non-profit productions from MTC/RTC start previews and open in September.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#145Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:58am

frogs, agreed. the audience for shows like this are still in the Berkshires or the Hamptons. This is not a tourist show, and may not be an anybody show on Broadway. It is also entirely possible that some of the company have summer commitments, as otherwise one would think the show would continue beyond the end of May in the West End.

Updated On: 4/13/15 at 11:58 AM

Phillypinto
#146Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 12:04pm

It looks so good!! Is this a comedy? I would think it would want to open in the fall, and run as long as possible. Its only opening in November, and then Shuffle Along opens in April which means that they would have to close around February. Only 4 months?

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#147Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 12:28pm

I saw this magnificent revival on Sunday...appropriately enough, the same day Hillary launched her second run for the presidency.  I can't speak highly enough about this production and the many wonderful, and lived in, performances of the company.  I would love this play to find its audience...but I don't see that happening, and to be honest, I'm not quite sure where that audience could be found.  The mazz was half full, if that for this Sunday's matinee.  

I just hope they can make it to the Tony nominations.  

Jonwo
#148Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 12:36pm

I suspect the reason it's not opening until October is due to cast and creative team commitments. I think it'll run to January or February with some wiggle room for an extension if there is demand for it.  

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#149Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/21/15 at 10:17am

I haven't seen anything anywhere else, but I got an email from BroadwayBox this morning with a discount announcing "Final performances" with a code valid through May 3rd. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Videos