News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Gypsy at 52% !!!

Mutts2
#50Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/10/08 at 10:43pm

I thought that lovely weasel from the Post once wrote that this production was going to be a $9 million affair. Of course he doesn't seem to be one to let facts get in the way of a point he's trying to make so maybe they are spending next to nothing.

If LuPone manages the same sort of box office for Gypsy that she did for Sweeney (avg. $463,000 per week)will that be enough to cover the show's weekly costs. Even if it looks cheap, this Gypsy must cost more than that 10 person-no orchestra-Sweeney revival.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#51Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/10/08 at 10:58pm

This production is being done mostly for the cast. and for the fact that Laurentis wanted his version of Gypsy done before he died. And I think that this production is a limited engagment and slated to play I think until Febuary 09.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#52Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/10/08 at 10:59pm

This production is an open ended run.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Flaunt It
#53Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/10/08 at 11:03pm

Oh for christssakes...

Hang in there Patti or the other Broadway grinch will be in the St. James in November.

Updated On: 3/10/08 at 11:03 PM

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#54Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/10/08 at 11:23pm

Let's all say it together:

THIS IS AN OPEN-ENDED RUN.

Again, AN OPEN-ENDED RUN.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#55Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 7:15am

Who is that in Flaunt It's avatar? Carol Lawrence? from RC in Austin, Texas... where it's a cool (at least for us) 47 degrees F.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

outovfashion07
#56Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 7:32am

Flaunt it, that is just a terribly distasteful picture. There is no need to wish physical harm or even to suggest it upon someone. Im sorry you have nothing better to do than sit around and hate on people who have more talent in their ring finger than you ever will in your life. And I don't even like Patti!

Flaunt It
#57Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 8:20am

You are right about one thing outovfashion07. You are sorry!

Where do I wish Patti any physical harm? That picture was created last week as a spoof of the new ending of Gypsy.

Oh for christssakes...

Get off your moral high horse ... lighten up ... sign off of your computer and go out into the real world and live a little.

Repeat after me... it is just musical theatre... not life.

#58Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 9:10am

well, you seem to be taking it quite persoanlly.

give it up, NO ONE IS EVER GONNA CAST YOU AS ROSE.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#59Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 9:12am

Oh...Flaunt, baby...you know I love you bec. were from some town...but you have to give it up, honey? The show is still in peviews...GIVE IT A CHANCE!!! Oh for christssakes...

J*

outovfashion07
#60Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 9:40am

Oh please, live? I'm sure I have lived more in my 19 years on this earth than you have in your washed up, what 32?

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#61Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 11:36am

Now, I don't agree with some of the things that Flaunt It says... but his Patti / "Gypsy" graphic is actually kind of funny (and I'm a major fan of her.) Wishing her and the Gypsy cast a healthy run on the Great White Way. (Hopefully, I can now get Tony Yazbek's (Tulsa in "Gypsy") autograph on the "A Chorus Line poster" when I go to NYC. ..long story...) from RC in Austin, Texas... (I can't believe I'm watching "The View.")

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#62Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 12:48pm

give it up, NO ONE IS EVER GONNA CAST YOU AS ROSE.

- LMAO. I love you.

LadyRosecoe
#63Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 1:58pm

FANatic, it's Anita Morris.

bk
#64Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 3:50pm

"Oh please, live? I'm sure I have lived more in my 19 years on this earth than you have in your washed up, what 32?"

Something only a nineteen year old would say. :)

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#65Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 3:53pm

Lol, I got a kick out of that comment, bk.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

MaronaDavies
#66Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 3:59pm

"BTW in all these reports about this weeks performances... no one has mentioned Patti's rumored staggering weight loss. That was just more pie in the sky hopes from the Luponaphiles. "

What exactly does that matter, one way or the other? Mama Rose isn't a 20 year old ingenue and there's no reason she has to be a stick figure. The real one certainly wasn't! I'm not a huge Patti LuPone fan but that's absurd...it has nothing to do with her singing and she looks fine in the non-shopped photos.

Flaunt It
#67Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 4:28pm

It does not matter one bit what she looks like. But it is comical that the PR people for Gypsy would not only take a photo of Patti from the Ravinia production and, not just photo shop the hell out of it for the crappy poster, but then to place her all thinned up back into the picture for PR purposes. So it is apparent that they feel she needs to be thinner.

When it was first pointed out that the photo shenanigans occurred, the LuPoniphiles cried out that it was CLEARLY 2 different pictures. So I had to make that graphic to prove the point that it was indeed the same photo with some bad PhotoShop work done to it. Then the Luponiphiles said they did it because she has lost so much weight and this is how she looks now. Which she didn't and she doesn't.

But why would anyone pay attention to me, I am “nothing more than a bitter queen who thinks he knows everything. Very arrogant.”

I guess being correct about things makes you arrogant these days. Feel free to keep hopping on me when I speak truths that make you sad. Feel free to say I said things I never said, like Patti is a “C” or I wished her harm.

To quote one of my least favorite shows, “Get your head out of the clouds, Bobby Strong. YOU GET IT OUT OF THE CLOUDS!”

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#68Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 4:58pm

It can't possibly be as cheap to run as it looks.
(Does that make sense)?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#69Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 5:03pm

Oh Flaunt it. It was obvious the picture was photo-shopped. I never denied that like others. But to spend so much time making fun of LuPone is just a tad silly. How much free time do you have to make all these graphics?

Anyway, Patti HAS lost weight. And people have been remarking about it.

Chris1973 Profile Photo
Chris1973
#70Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 5:13pm

oops. Updated On: 3/11/08 at 05:13 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#71Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 5:20pm

Flaunt- I'm seeing the show not bec. of Miss Patty's photoshop'd artwork or her weight... I am seeing it bec. of her talent and I love the show (and laura too)

We get it, honey? you dont like her... and STOP making fun of her. Its just mean...

J*

Updated On: 3/11/08 at 05:20 PM

mmousefan Profile Photo
mmousefan
#72Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 5:26pm

Just read the "Mamma" (never "Mama Rose" in real life) chapter of Hadleigh's BROADWAY BABYLON. The fictional Rose, FLAUNT, and all you wannabe's See You Next Tuesdays have got to bow to the real thing, if the anecdotes are true. Nearly enough to make me want to read Gypsy's and June's books, but not QUITE.

just keep swimming along, don't rise to the....

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#73Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 5:44pm

Miss Patti will still have the last laugh..when she wins her TONYS as Lead Actress!

J*

Flaunt It
#74Oh for christssakes...
Posted: 3/11/08 at 5:52pm

Is it 2006 again?
Updated On: 3/11/08 at 05:52 PM

Videos