News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Broadway's Lost Treasures III

#0Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:14am

Broadway's Lost Treasures III

Hey there,
I hadn't heard of this yet, but another one is coming soon!

Volume 3, due for broadcast on PBS in August and onsale from Acorn Productions in the DVD format in October, will feature 23 performances: the company of Merrick's 42nd Street ["We're In the Money"], Gwen Verdon performing "Whatever Lola Wants" from Damn Yankees along with, among others, an eight minute tribute to Ethel Merman, a Julie Andrews medley and numbers from Fossee, A Funny Thing..., How Now Dow Jones, Into the Woods, Kiss Me Kate, Peter Pan, Ragtime and West Side Story.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#1re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:17am

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Updated On: 5/10/06 at 10:17 AM

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#2re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:28am

It'll be Debbie Allen doing "America". Hooray!!!

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#3re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:29am

When's it coming out??????

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#4re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:30am

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Updated On: 5/10/06 at 10:30 AM

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#5re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:35am

It'll be worth it for "Step To The Rear" from DOW JONES. It's hilarious, and Tony Roberts looks about 18 and rather hot.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#6re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:45am

Ken Mandelbaum keeps baiting me with the promise of footage of No No Nanette w/Ruby Keeler , Helen Gallagher and Bobby Van, on each new one, but it would seem I'm not getting it again. Damn!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#7re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:53am

I'm also excited about Dow Jones. Step to the Rear is a wonderful song and I've always wanted to see it. I wonder if that show could be revised for revival. It does have a great score. A man can dream, right?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#8re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 6/6/05 at 11:05am

I wish someone would release the American Dance Machine special from the late 70s. That had some wonderful routines including "You Can Dance With Any Girl", the Clog Dance from WALKING HAPPY, Susan's dance from FINIAN'S RAINBOW, de Mille's "June Is Bustin' Out All Over". It's drenched with historical goodies!

jasobres
#9re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 6/6/05 at 11:40am

Where did you get that image?

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

jasobres
#10re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 6/6/05 at 12:26pm

Bump.

P.S. I can't wait for that! I wonder if the Bonus Performances on the DVD will be shows that I've actually heard of this time! lol I know that I've heard of Joseph on the last DVD, but not of everything else.

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#11re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 6/6/05 at 12:35pm

I wonder who's "I'm Flying" we'll get -- Rigby, Duncan or Charlotte D'Amboise from JEROME ROBBINS BROADWAY. I hope it's Duncan's....

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#12re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 6/6/05 at 12:48pm

I'm hoping for Sandy Duncan's too!!

Wow!! This is exciting - we were just discussing a wishlist yesterday.

But still - I feel this is fake. RAGTIME? INTO THE WOODS? Love them to death - but too contemporary to be a "Lost" Treasure.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

#13re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 6/6/05 at 1:21pm

Last night after the Tony's, BWW wasn't working for me, so I visited Broadwaystars.com and buried away in a "Tony Scrapbook" type of thing, I found this at the bottom.
I looked on Amazon and the distributor's (Acorn Media) site, and saw nothing, which I found odd.
Nonetheless, I just pasted the image from that site.

Tap16 Profile Photo
Tap16
#14re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 7/7/05 at 1:14am

O MY GIASH I CAN'T WAIT! i'm really excited to see we're in the money!! its with the dimes and everything right?

so does any one know like the exact date of it?? cause pbs.org doesn't even have it on the website.

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#15re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 7/7/05 at 1:18am

I'm so excitied, I think I just peed.

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#16re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 7/7/05 at 2:17am

I really wish they would release "And I'm Telling You." It was supposed to be in the first edition.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#17re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 7/7/05 at 6:22am

Believe the Dreamgirl numbers are held up with legal troubles

I am still waiting for "24 Hours A Day" from Golden Rainbow & "Smile Smile Smile" from Hallelujah Baby

Poster Emeritus

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#18re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 7/7/05 at 7:11am

The "Nanette" sequence is good, but not nearly as effective as it is in the theatre. Van and Gallagher seem a little uncomfortable during "You Can Dance With Any Girl" and I don't think they used all of the tap dancers for "I Want to Be Happy". Since there's no set, you don't have that crazy moment where like 25 dancers come rushing in from all directions of the house to dance witb Ruby Keeler. Still, Donald Sadler's work is sublime.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#19re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 7/7/05 at 7:15am

"Step to the Rear" is pretty phenomenal by the way. There's a hilarious bit with those five crazy ladies doing "Washington upon the Delaware" that cracks me up every time.

But I must ask... Where the hell is "Vodka"?!?!

"Gif me the cobra jool!"
Updated On: 7/7/05 at 07:15 AM

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#20re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 7/7/05 at 7:17am

maybe they could have stuff from Carry?

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#21re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 7/7/05 at 7:22am

These are performances culled from the Tony Awards. Carrie wasn't nominated for anything and didn't perform.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

lovettespies Profile Photo
lovettespies
#22re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 7/7/05 at 8:52am

I am SO excited. Thank you for posting this, I would have been devestated if I had missed it.

Keep the peace, take care of each other, and may you find your promised land. -TJST

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#23re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 7/7/05 at 9:42am

Yeah....now I can see something from RAGTIME...which is a "Lost Treasure" because it went way before its time..and should have had a longer run.

Facebook...ME !!!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#24re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
Posted: 7/7/05 at 10:30am

Do we know a date this is going to air on PBS??
Updated On: 7/7/05 at 10:30 AM

Videos