News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals- Page 4

2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#75re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 4:21pm

Just one more revival and we can be assured that GREASE will be completely shunned by the Tonys, and we won't have to be put through the nightmare of a performance of that dreck on the telecast.

(just my opinion, of course re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals)

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Lynnespock2
#76re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 4:34pm

WBAF: you know how I respect your opinion on almost everything, except Grease.

But, I do love the attention you pay to it! Better to be talked about badly than ignored??

Live long and prosper. Marriage equity now!

neddyfrank2
#77re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 4:44pm

After seeing the Wiz in La Jolla, I heard that the reason it was going to take a while to move the show to Broadway is that the set they built for it, can only fit in two theaters in NYC, one of which holds Mary Poppins lol.

I think it was an entire hold for the theater waiting list to work out for them.

Plus, with the crazy success of Jersey Boys, a lot of the creative team has been busy with all the different tours, auditions, replacements, etc.. and now London, Vegas, etc...

I hope it does play San Fran. I would love to go see it again. I had such a blast sitting on stage for that show and Valerie Pettiford is the bomb!

That is not true about The Wiz set only fitting two theatres. They need to rebuild the set anyways. The set was originally designed for the Al Hirshfeld.

The main problem is what you said, everybody is REALLY busy right now, esspecially Des.

neddyfrank2
#78re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 4:44pm

Double Post. Updated On: 10/14/07 at 04:44 PM

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#79re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 5:32pm

neddyfrank2 - Do you know if they have already completed the "Wiz" show in San Francisco? Did they stage a revised La Jolla Playhouse version?

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

Videos