News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals- Page 3

2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#50re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 6/29/07 at 1:04pm

Plenty O' Somethin': London Porgy and Bess Coming to Broadway

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Wanna Be A Foster
#51re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 6/29/07 at 1:06pm

More Recent:
Nunn's Porgy and Bess to End London Run in May; Broadway Production Planned

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

Wanna Be A Foster
#52re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 6/29/07 at 1:08pm

Edit: Sorry for the multiple posts. I meant to edit the first message.

Last Month:

Nunn's Porgy and Bess Ends London Run May 5

-Kad

Updated On: 6/29/07 at 01:08 PM

Johnnytoc
#53re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 6/29/07 at 1:13pm

Yay Porgy and Bess!
I'm really excited for this season.

Wanna Be A Foster
#54re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 6/29/07 at 1:23pm

Imagine having to leave four revivals out of the Best Revival category. Ouch.

CABARET
GREASE
GUYS & DOLLS
PORGY & BESS
SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
SOUTH PACIFIC
PAL JOEY
FOLLIES

My guess is that CABARET would be left out, at the least, with the same reasoning for LES MISERABLES' exclusion this past season.

-Kad

Johnnytoc
#55re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 6/29/07 at 2:17pm

Is South Pacific Definitely coming?
Any casting rumors out there yet?

Sondheim Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim Geek
#56re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 6/29/07 at 2:25pm

Would Cabaret even be considered for best revival? Les Miz was billed as a revival - isn't this as a return engagement?

God, I REALLLLLLY want Follies to happen - Casey or no Casey. I would go to Mars to see Donna as Phyllis.

SondheimGeek: Is it slightly pathetic that you guys get to be Jedi bitches, and I'm Bitchy the Hutt?
LizzieCurry: No, you're more memorable

RockabyeHamlet
#57re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 6/29/07 at 2:32pm

Guys and Dolls ('92) was the first Broadway show I ever saw. I feel old.

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

Wanna Be A Foster
#58re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 8/27/07 at 2:37am

Me too.

-Kad

Wanna Be A Foster
#60re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 8/27/07 at 1:36pm

I agree. Unfortunately it will probably be around until at least June. It's practically selling out the Brooks-Atkinson. But it should be interesting to see what happens once their advance dries up.

-Kad

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#61re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 8/27/07 at 1:57pm

Follies again? We just another flop production of Follies. It's like book musicals of Cyrano de Bergerac. When will they ever learn?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

TheatreBuzz2
#62re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 8/27/07 at 4:28pm

I cannot see Follies happening...sadly.

Guys and Dolls i think is heading into The St. James from March. Last i heard Hugh Jackman, Krowski, Anne Hathaway are in talks.

so confirmed revivals for this season would be...
Sunday In The Park With George
Grease
Guys and Dolls
South Pacific

Porgy and Bess, if at all, will be next season as Trevor Nunn is doing Gone With The Wind at London's New London Theatre for an April opening

Pal Joey again, if it happens, i reckon wil be 08-09 season.

My Fair Lady after it's tour is planning to go straight to Broadway too...

Yankeefan007
#63re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 8/27/07 at 4:29pm

Isn't Krakowski (that's the correct spelling, by the way) tied up with 30 Rock?

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#64re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 8/27/07 at 5:06pm

LOL, yes, it's definitely not Krowski, if anything I've heard some of her celebrity friends call her Krakow...not the point.
She's definitely not doing the show here in the US because of scheduling conflicts with 30 ROCK. I hope that it's worth it, apart from a couple of shows that strongly featured her character (the "Rural Juror" episode was genius, she has so much chemistry with Tina Fey), most of the episodes only had her in one or two scenes which was disappointing.
Messing is the one in talks to play Miss Adelaide. Hugh Jackman is supposedly in talks for the rumored film not the revival.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

funnyandtallguy2 Profile Photo
funnyandtallguy2
#65re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 12:58am

After seeing the Wiz in La Jolla, I heard that the reason it was going to take a while to move the show to Broadway is that the set they built for it, can only fit in two theaters in NYC, one of which holds Mary Poppins lol.

I think it was an entire hold for the theater waiting list to work out for them.

Plus, with the crazy success of Jersey Boys, a lot of the creative team has been busy with all the different tours, auditions, replacements, etc.. and now London, Vegas, etc...

I hope it does play San Fran. I would love to go see it again. I had such a blast sitting on stage for that show and Valerie Pettiford is the bomb!

Wanna Be A Foster
#66re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 1:21am

Regarding PAL JOEY, the Roundabout does still have that Spring slot open this season. I don't see what would stop them from sticking it in there if the Book updates are complete and they have a director.

-Kad

Updated On: 8/28/07 at 01:21 AM

Wanna Be A Foster
#67re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 10/13/07 at 9:39pm

Any chance PORGY may swing in last minute?

Or PAINT YOUR WAGON?

So far we have:

GREASE
SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
GYPSY (most likely)
SOUTH PACIFIC

-Kad

masterthes
#68re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 12:40pm

out of all hose revivals, I'd be mostinterested in seeng SundyIn The Park since I hav never seen it in any capacity.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#69re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 12:50pm

So....

Sunday...George
South Pacific
Guys and Dolls
Grease
Gypsy?
My Fair Lady?
Porgy and Bess?
Cabaret?
Follies?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

MusicalMo
#70re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 1:28pm

Porgy and Bess has been pushed back to 08-09, due to the director's schedule.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#71re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 2:22pm

I believe MY FAIR LADY is shooting for '08-'09, it would not be smart to open this season with PYGMALION playing at the Roundabout, doing great business with a top-notch cast.
FOLLIES is dead.
Roundabout has yet to announce one musical revival. Let's see what it turns out to be.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#72re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 3:15pm

West Side Story is back.

Will Arthur Laurents Direct Broadway West Side Story Revival?

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley
Updated On: 10/14/07 at 03:15 PM

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#73re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 3:19pm

I thought Guys & Dolls was scrapped

Lynnespock2
#74re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 3:23pm

Grease is special to the people who liked it, like me.

Live long and prosper. Marriage equity now!

Wanna Be A Foster
#75re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 4:21pm

Just one more revival and we can be assured that GREASE will be completely shunned by the Tonys, and we won't have to be put through the nightmare of a performance of that dreck on the telecast.

(just my opinion, of course re: 2007-2008 Season Planned Musical Revivals)

-Kad

Videos