News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

strikers work a 90-100 hr week sometime **WOW talk about a nice PAYCHECK $5,600 per week!

strikers work a 90-100 hr week sometime **WOW talk about a nice PAYCHECK $5,600 per week!

billynj Profile Photo
billynj
#1strikers work a 90-100 hr week sometime **WOW talk about a nice PAYCHECK $5,600 per week!
Posted: 11/14/07 at 12:55pm

strikers work a 90-100 hr week sometime **WOW talk about a nice PAYCHECK $5,600  per week!

in his own words the union boss says his guys sometimes work an 90-100 hour week.

ok lets do the math

40 hours at $4o per hour = $1,600 PLUS

50 hours of overtime at $80 per hour = $4,000.00

thats $5,600 PER WEEK ... thats a lot of canolis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJpP-P8QzRQ

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: strikers work a 90-100 hr week sometime **WOW talk about a nice PAYCHECK $5,600 per week!
Posted: 11/14/07 at 12:58pm

And if you paid attention to what was going on, you would know that this is not merely about salary and numbers of dollars.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

JustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
#2re: strikers work a 90-100 hr week sometime **WOW talk about a nice PAYCHEC
Posted: 11/14/07 at 1:00pm

"thats $5,600 PER WEEK ... thats a lot of canolis"

What's your point?

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#3re: strikers work a 90-100 hr week sometime **WOW talk about a nice PAYCHEC
Posted: 11/14/07 at 1:04pm

That all the stagehands are going to get fat?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#4re: strikers work a 90-100 hr week sometime **WOW talk about a nice PAYCHEC
Posted: 11/14/07 at 1:08pm

Not to mention that overtime is typically time and a half, not double. That's $60.

Second, from what I've heard, stagehands generally only work overtime when a show is loading in and rehearsing. Once it is running, they are only needed when they are scheduled. You said it yourself -- they SOMETIMES work 90-100 hours. Not always, not often, not frequently. Sometimes.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."
Updated On: 11/14/07 at 01:08 PM

JustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
#5re: strikers work a 90-100 hr week sometime **WOW talk about a nice PAYCHEC
Posted: 11/14/07 at 1:09pm

"Not to mention that overtime is typically time and a half, not double. That's $60.

Second, from what I've heard, stagehands generally only work overtime when a show is loading in and rehearsing. Once it is running, they are only needed when they are scheduled."

No facts allowed. This thread is strictly devoted to the greed of the stagehands.

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett

Chitty Profile Photo
Chitty
#6re: strikers work a 90-100 hr week sometime **WOW talk about a nice PAYCHEC
Posted: 11/14/07 at 1:13pm

No facts allowed here. The union shills will see to that.

JustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
#7re: strikers work a 90-100 hr week sometime **WOW talk about a nice PAYCHEC
Posted: 11/14/07 at 1:29pm

"No facts allowed here. The union shills will see to that."

Or the Leagues.

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#8re: strikers work a 90-100 hr week sometime **WOW talk about a nice PAYCHEC
Posted: 11/14/07 at 1:36pm

Oh please! They have to work a lot of overtime. Doesn't that translate to poor Management? Understaffed? It is a lot of money. I got a lot of money when my Boss screwed up and under scheduled our Company or Machinery malfunctioned. The Copy Machine not working right was a major disruption of our business. And you can bet customers were not happy. Surprised we really didn't have more of them but it was a monster of a machine considering we were a huge Banking Corporation. Wasn't my dept. to order office equipment.

Everyone loves overtime until they are stuck working it. It is especially pleasing when work comes in when the trucks, "get there" and you have to work whether you have family obligations or not. It definitely isn't a nine to five job. The pay is good because it is an unmerciful job that has to be done and people want it done yesterday.

Good money? Hard work. Not everyone can do it but many wish that they could. Get in line if you feel you are up to the task but since so many of us aren't, being jealous or feeling that money is everything without considering what is entails is ignorant. You do have to be a team player too. If you don't play well with others I doubt you will have a long employment history doing this sort of work.

Someone will drop the "house" on you. So I respect the work and know how important it is to have someone Professional doing the job. I don't have to worry about the chandelier crashing down in the second act. Nice to know when you find yourself stuck in the middle of a 15+ seat row in a crowded Theatre.

Though I bet they would just love to see you try. re: strikers work a 90-100 hr week sometime **WOW talk about a nice PAYCHEC

Videos