News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?- Page 6

What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#125What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 11:09am

While I'm not sure that he's A+ Like was mentioned, my guess is that Nick Jonas is going to do the Fox musicals (Is a Rocky Horror happening?) because he's the only young version of NPH that we have that toes Hollywood and Broadway - who could also be the star of one of these. 

Also I'm gonna give a big NO to Christmas theme'd shows just because I'd like to see it be more inclusive.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#126What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 2:44pm

Bye Bye Birdie. You could cast names in every role. 

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#127What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 3:13pm

Charlie Brown won't happen- these are big affairs and they would never do a show that is six people on a bare stage, especially one that is mostly solo monologue/stand-up directly addressed to the (non-existent) audience.

Broadwaywest Profile Photo
Broadwaywest
#128What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 5:02pm

Isn't bombshell the one that is being thrown around? I would love to see what kind of train wreck that would be. I personally would love to see something like "Mame" its a solid show with a wonderful score, and would be a fantastic vehicle for a great diva. Plus, very family friendly. Or how about just taking Bartlett Sher's The King and I, from the stage an adapting for television.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#129What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 5:08pm

Goodness, yes! "Mame" would be a terrific choice! Perfect because nobody really has ties to the movie. Would we want an unknown or a pre-established diva? I'd love to hear some dreamcasts.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#130What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 5:12pm

The Secret Garden

I still think the Drowsy Chaperone would be great with big names.  The man in the chair role would be perfect for live television. 

Showface
#131What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 5:13pm

The thing is, the show chosen, does need name recognition value, and it needs to be a choice people are familiar with.

People forget that though The Wiz movie may be frowned down on in the theatre world, it was and still is pretty popular--a "cult film", basically, and many if not most of the viewers who watched The Wiz Live have a connection to the film version.

CindersGolightly
#132What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 5:15pm

I think because Lucy was so involved in "Mame" that it does have a cultish aura around it. I watched it growing up, just because I adored Lucy. But unlike "Peter Pan" and "The Sound of Music", it has no good adaption, which means people won't be overly protective over the property.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#133What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 5:29pm

I can see Aida being really BIG!

CindersGolightly
#134What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 5:30pm

JoseLee_ said: "I can see Aida being really BIG!"

Disney property, unfortunately. 

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#135What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 5:32pm

Honestly, the next live show should really be Disney's Beauty and the Beast. 

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#136What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 5:40pm

On ABC maybe, never on NBC.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#137What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 5:44pm

That's sad.. Beauty and the Beast would make a great broadcast in the hands of Meron and Zadan.

musicaljen Profile Photo
musicaljen
#138What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 6:16pm

They really need to get their hands on a title, similar to The Sound of Music which is well known and loved. Unfortunately both Peter Pan and The Wiz are not really well known, and that could be the reason, ratings went the way they went. Having Queen Latifah and Mary J. Blige who are renowned fortunately increased that number, but two million is not by much from the previous year.

If I had to choose, I would go for Fiddler on the Roof, Oliver! or even Cinderella for next year. I am sure that would pay off.

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#139What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 6:22pm

Peter Pan is incredibly well known..

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#140What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 6:32pm

I trust you fans of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST know that a big budget feature film of the musical was shot this past Spring/Summer in the UK, for release in 2016. 

Tom5
#141What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 6:40pm

Lots of great choices so far, but none are meant to be because the networks will insist on appealing to the biggest  (teenage) demographic. Might end up being something like "The Little Shop Of Horrors", which isn't bad - excellent score - but not exactly challenging.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#142What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 6:45pm

They might not dig that far back into the past for the next live musical.

Dreamgirls

Hairspray

It doesn't have to be a relic from the past. Or a show that we all want to see improved or to finally get its moment in the sun.

And with the short-term memory deficiencies of today's TV audiences, they might just do something from last Thursday.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

fbueller
#143What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 6:45pm

I would LOVE to see 'A Chorus Line'!!!! 

CindersGolightly
#144What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 7:55pm

I would LOVE "Dreamgirls". Yes please. 

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#145What should be NBC's next Live Musical ?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 8:31pm

One must remember that "stunt" casting usually works best if your "stunt' can sing, dance and act.

Imo, "Damn Yankees" could easily be updated. (just don't hire Douglas Carter Beane).

Jake Glylenhaal as Joe Hardy, Patina Miller or Megan Hilty as Lola (but it might be too low for Megan to sing); and if the Wiz can be a woman, let's say Lady Gaga as the Devil. There are plenty of great Broadway hunks to round out the team. I guess it could be considered too adult for some tastes.

With commercials every ten minutes like clockwork, if I can't DVR it I'm not watching anything.

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Scottsacto Profile Photo
Scottsacto
#146What should be NBC's next Live Musical ?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 9:08pm

I, personally, would  love to see Lady GaGa take at stab at doing "Mame"--may be a bit young now--but in the future.  I think she would be amazing.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#147What should be NBC's next Live Musical ?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 9:24pm

What about billy Elliot? It was a popular film. Had a nice Broadway run and it's a universal pictures property. The only problem with that is who would you have in the main role. There aren't that many famous young singers that can do ballet. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#148What should be NBC's next Live Musical ?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 9:31pm

Hairspray would be a great choice.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#149What should be NBC's next Live Musical ?
Posted: 12/5/15 at 9:45pm

After another 11 months of a presidential race, Assassins would probably be well received.

Videos