News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

STRANGER THINGS to transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theatre in spring 2025- Page 3

STRANGER THINGS to transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theatre in spring 2025

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#50STRANGER THINGS to transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theatre in spring 2025
Posted: 9/13/24 at 3:31pm

Got H 7,9,11 -- side but hopefully not TOO far over. Wanted to be close and was hoping for more centered, but I could stomach $600 for three tix waaaay more than $900. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Voter
#51STRANGER THINGS to transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theatre in spring 2025
Posted: 9/16/24 at 12:08am

According to BroadwayDirect, tickets on sale tomorrow (Tuesday)

KevinKlawitter
#52STRANGER THINGS to transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theatre in spring 2025
Posted: 9/17/24 at 2:11pm

Now there's a deal where ticket buyers are being offered a free 30-day subscription to Netflix

I want to know the demographic that will buy a ticket to see the Broadway play adaptation of Stranger Things  but doesn't subscribe to Netflix.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#53STRANGER THINGS to transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theatre in spring 2025
Posted: 9/17/24 at 2:27pm

It would be naive to assume that everybody who has scene the play has watched the show. It’s a win/win for Netflix. 

chrishuyen
#54STRANGER THINGS to transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theatre in spring 2025
Posted: 9/17/24 at 2:53pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "It would be naive to assume that everybody who has scene the play has watched the show. It’s a win/win for Netflix."

The thing is, I don't know how much they're making it clear what the relation to the show is if you ask a random person.  Like I know it's a prequel of sorts because I've been following the show's reviews and everything from London, but I don't know if a regular person would assume it's an adaptation like Back to the Future or a sequel like Cursed Child.  And even though something like Cursed Child can theoretically stand on its own, it's definitely aimed at people who are at least familiar with either the Harry Potter books or movies.  So for someone who has seen none of the TV show, I'm not sure how much of a draw this show would be.  It'll be interesting to see if it manages to achieve a distinction of "good play that can stand on its own with no prior knowledge" which could entice more non-Netflix subscibers

That said, it doesn't really cost Netflix all that much to offer this, and if it gets more people onto their service who may end up paying for a subscription down the line, then that works for them anyway.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#55STRANGER THINGS to transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theatre in spring 2025
Posted: 9/17/24 at 3:56pm

You can see this show and not have seen the series. It takes place years before season one. Or course if you know the show, you’re going to get a LOT more out of your experience and the people around you who haven’t seen it will wonder at times why you’re laughing or “oohing and ahing” at things but they’ve done a good enough job making it accessible to all. 

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#56STRANGER THINGS to transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theatre in spring 2025
Posted: 9/17/24 at 5:50pm

I saw the play and I had only watched the first 2 seasons of the show on Netflix.

I think they did a good job of getting the balance right between telling the story for the fans, but also telling the story for newbies. Obviously I didn't catch everything between the characters, but I was never confused as to who was who or what was going on.

At the Phoenix, you definitely don't want to be too far back in the stalls, as the overhang cuts off the height of the stage and lots of Act 2 happens high up there.

Videos