News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5- Page 3

Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5

ponine24601
#50re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 1:33pm

awwww. it'll be ok. i know it's hard.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#51re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 1:47pm

Its hard for all of us. Driving home from school today I had on the OBCR and couldnt get past Gods of Nubia. I just kept replaying it. They lyrics are perfect. Everything was so appropriate for how I was feeling. Hence my new signature.

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

ponine24601
#52re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 1:48pm

i'm listening to it now, and i'm just like 'the lyrics are so true!'

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#53re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 2:08pm

So am I - for the first time. I don't know how much I can get through.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Thoroughly Modern Cara Profile Photo
Thoroughly Modern Cara
#54re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 2:17pm

OHhhh I didn't see this thread the other day. Great reviews guys..you both made me cry..again! I haven't been able to listen to the CD yet, maybe I'll try later. I don't even know what to say. It was beautiful and now it's gone. I don't think there's really anything to say except we're all gonna need a little time.

luvtheEmcee
#55re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 2:19pm

Wow. Was that really the first time you read it, Cara? Well, you got the "oh my *sob* God *sob* it was so *sob* beautiful *sob*" version on the phone, so I guess it doesn't much matter!

Thoroughly Modern Cara
#56re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 2:23pm

yeah I got that version from you right um...after...so I pretty much got the whole reveiw deal from that. I wasn't really in the mood for message boarding and all after that.

luvtheEmcee
#57re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 2:24pm

I understand. You got more than you bargained for - in more ways than one!! With that, I'll shut my mouth.

Thoroughly Modern Cara
#58re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 2:25pm

oooh shhh...your gonna get us in trouble!

luvtheEmcee
#59re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 2:26pm

hahaha! No, I'm not saying anything.

Man. It's so weird to listen to this again. re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5

TheGirlinTheFrock
#60re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 2:29pm

Thanks Cara, glad you like the review. So sad you couldnt make it. But you were there....umm...in spirit.

I never finished my review of it. There is so much more i want to say. I think i am going to do that now. Ill be awhile. But i'll post it when i am done.

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

luvtheEmcee
#61re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 2:50pm

hahaha.... *covers mouth*

Love you, Cara.

TheGirlinTheFrock
#62re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:02pm

As long as my first review was, I wasnt finished. There is so much more I want to say about a show so good. So here it goes. Again bare with me.

From the moment Eric walks out on stage he befriends the audience. He is gentle, spirited, good natured, rescilliant, and resourceful. He is a wonderful Mereb and was so glad that he was the actor to close the show in the role. He was the only one I have ever seen in the role, but i feel he was perfect for it. It is almost indescribable. He is so gentle on stage and it carries through to his vocals. People often criticize this as not being powerful enough but I love it. It just adds so much depth to the character. During"How I Know You" the kindess of and the spirit of him shined through. It is that, that makes you fall in love with him. Everytime he dies at the end, my heart breaks. The last performance was no different. I sat there going, "No! this is the last time i am going to see you die!" He told me at the stage door that all during ACT 11, he and Deborah coudn't look at each other or they would both break down on stage. He had tears in his eyes while saying this. I can tell that he brings much of himself into the character, which is why, I believe, he was so great in it. (PS - that boy can dance! During Dance of the Robes he joins in with the rest of the ensemble but he does a splendid job.)

Speaking of the ensemble, they are truely the unsung heros in this show. They tackle so many different characters and in so little time. They shined on the last performance. During Fortune Favors the Brave, I have never really noticed the ensemble on the stage, focusing more on Radames, until the the last night. They were so vibratent and engergized that you couldn't help but noticing and enjoying their performances. My Strongest Suit was (as i said in my previous review) was electrifying. But nothing stood out more then "Dance of the Robes" and "Gods of Nubia." Those are two very powerful numbers on a regular night, but this was above and beyond anything I could imagine. I believe the standing ovation was as much for them as it was for Deborah. The lyrics of "Gods..." is so ironic and appropriate. "One more longing backward glance" and "The spirits always burning though the flesh is torn apart". I was in row O of the orchestra, and from back there i could see the pain on their faces, the tears in there eyes, and the love for the show. This was just as much their show as it was Adams, Lisa's, and Deborah's.

luvtheEmcee
#63re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:04pm

Great thoughts - you did what I couldn't bear to do.

I adore Eric - three times I have loved every single second of his performance. I wish him nothing but the best. He's an amazing performer and an absolute, genuine sweet, good-hearted person.

insomniak
#64re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:04pm

I found my CDs! And I listened to Aida today. It made me sad that it left just as the show started to grow on me. The Gods Love Nubia is my favorite, it's so powerful.

ponine24601
#65re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:06pm

*claps* aww! stop making me cry! lol. great review as always!

finally insomniak!

luvtheEmcee
#66re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:08pm

Great to hear, insomniak!!

I'm listening now, for the first time since. I'm not sure if it's a smart thing or not, but right now I'm alright.

TheGirlinTheFrock
#67re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:09pm

Gods Love Nubia is so powerful live, its a shame you haven't seen it. You can't fully appreiate it until seeing it performed. Hopefully you can catch a tour of it in the future.

ponine24601
#68re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:10pm

i'm listening to 'the gods love nubia' now. i so do not want to cry, but i probably am.

insomniak
#69re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:12pm

GITF, didn't the tour end?

ponine24601
#70re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:13pm

' in the future. '

*sings* WE ARE STILL IT'S HEART!!
sorry.

ponine24601
#71re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:15pm

Updated On: 9/7/04 at 03:15 PM

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#72re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:20pm

You're all going to make me cry again!!

"The Gods Love Nubia" is such a beautiful song. Actually, most of the songs are beautiful. I'm glad AIDA won best score. It deserves it 1000000%.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

ponine24601
#73re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:21pm

ok i have to shut this off before my face turns bright red. oops. too late.

luvtheEmcee
#74re: Okay, here it is.... AIDA 9/5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:22pm

What are the clips? I need to know how much of an emotional breakdown I'm going to get myself into.

Videos