News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight- Page 3

Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#50Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/10/14 at 3:32pm

"Stunt casting refers to someone being cast in a role they're not right for in any way."

Is that what stunt casting is? I never understood exactly what it is, people seem to have a few definitions of it. Thanks.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#51Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/10/14 at 3:42pm

Agreed, Keke is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better than Carly. Ugh, why couldn't they come to Keke first? I hate that Carly extended into June, so I was stuck with her. Carly's acting took me by surprise, but her singing was really awkward. She wasn't horrific, just ehhhhh.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#52Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/10/14 at 4:08pm

"Stunt casting refers to someone being cast in a role they're not right for in any way."

I don't think that is the defintion of stunt casting at all. Unknown actors may be cast in roles that are not "right for in any way." And same with famous actors. it happens all the time. But that has nothing to do with "stunt casting."

When used in reference to Broadway shows, stunt casting is a term in casting that refers to hiring of well-known TV or film actors to play small roles in an attemtpt to generate a "buzz" for the show. It is different that "star casting", which refers to casting similar individuals to play major roles. Thus, casting Catherine Zeta Jones in A Little night Music was an example of star casting, not stunt casting. In the case at hand, KeKe falls into the star casting defintion more aptly, while Sherri, who really is playing a relatively small role, is more "stunt casting." Similarly, the casting of Carly Rae was "star casting", and the casting of Fran was much more stunt casting.

Many character actors resent "stunt casting" as it takes traditional chartacter roles away from them.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#53Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/10/14 at 4:29pm

"Agreed, Keke is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better than Carly. Ugh, why couldn't they come to Keke first? I hate that Carly extended into June, so I was stuck with her."

So what you're saying, and I want to be sure I understand it correctly... is that you didn't care for Carly Rae's performance? Cause, you know, your 79 previous posts on what you thought of Carly beginning 5 minutes after her casting was announced and continuing thru now, more than 3 months after she left the role have just really not been clear.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#54Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/10/14 at 4:35pm

Stunt casting refers to someone being cast in a role they're not right for in any way.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

disneybroadwayfan22
#55Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/10/14 at 6:16pm

I seriously don't get why people need to be snarky smart#%*es here (Sorry for the language). Seriously, some of you are like 40, this isn't a school playground.

Ok look: Carly wasn't horrific, but she wasn't the best. She was ok/hit and miss. The reason why I mention her sometimes is because I'm bitter missing Laura. I was supposed to see her in January before she left, but the snow got in the way. I really wanted to see her, but couldn't. I have nothing against Carly and I feel a tad guilty about the comments, I'm just really heartbroken about missing her and Santino. :/

PattyO'Furniture Profile Photo
PattyO'Furniture
#56Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/10/14 at 6:17pm

Come on; at least he/she didn't say stunt casted - although it's used so frequently here, I rather like and prefer it.

RW3
#57Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/11/14 at 11:41pm

I know that this completely thread-jacking, but I was listening to Keke again and I think she would be a great Dorothy in a revival of "The Wiz"

degrassifan
#58Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 2:53am

I wonder if they changed a couple of the lyrics to Stepsister's Lament now that Keke is Cinderella?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#59Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 6:38am

Like what?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#60Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 9:40am

Perhaps as a substitute for: "Her cheeks are a pretty shade of pink, but not any pinker than a rose's?" And: "Her neck is no whiter than a swan's." You know, stuff like that?

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

disneybroadwayfan22
MadAboutTheBoy Profile Photo
MadAboutTheBoy
#62Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 1:01pm

"1. This isn't exactly history. She is only the fourth woman EVER to play it on Broadway."

I think you're confused as to what history is.

Updated On: 9/12/14 at 01:01 PM

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#63Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 2:26pm

Keke sounds and looks fantastic! Sherri looks great as well - any word on her performance?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#64Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 5:41pm

Though i haven't seen her yet, i do have an audio of their first show. Sherri sounds flat and boring, like she's just reading the lines. especially the scene in which she discovers Gabrielle with John-Micheal and Rips up Cinderella's Dress- Just Flat. She deepened her voice a little, but it dosen't really work.

BTW- Their First A Lovely Night is up on YouTube.

Darreyl with an L!

disneybroadwayfan22
#65Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 5:49pm

Thanks for the notice. Keke was excellent in When You Drive Through the Moonlight and A Lovely Night.

And yeah, I'm not impressed with Sherri from what I'm hearing so far. She sounds like a college girl.
Updated On: 9/12/14 at 05:49 PM

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#66Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 6:13pm

Your welcome- I only knew it was up cause i put it up. LOL

Darreyl with an L!

degrassifan
#67Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 6:22pm

"Perhaps as a substitute for: "Her cheeks are a pretty shade of pink, but not any pinker than a rose's?" And: "Her neck is no whiter than a swan's." You know, stuff like that?"

Exactly, RasiedOnMusicals! I heard the audio of Keke's In My Own Little Corner, and they kept "I'm a young Norwegian princess," while the 1997 version changed it to "Egyptian princess." Either works! Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight

RW3
#68Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 6:29pm

Joe and Keke also look cute as a couple!

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#69Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 6:46pm

As cute as Joe Carroll can look. LOL

Darreyl with an L!

THEATRICAL100
#70Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 11:28pm

Looking under the #KekePalmer hashtag on Instagram... is it me, or does Judy Kaye's Godmother dress look distinctly different? I hope they didn't change the design or anything about it.. it was the best dress in the show after Ella's ball gown.

Marla: I have to go sing about a life I never led.

disneybroadwayfan22
#71Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 11:40pm

Oh yeah, it's dark purple with a mermaid tail. Wonder why they changed Judy's dress

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#72Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 11:43pm

The show is closing. They probably altered it for cost reasons. Many shows do this.

JohnyBroadway
#73Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/12/14 at 11:59pm

I wonder what they'll do for Kecia Lewis on the national tour?

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#74Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight
Posted: 9/13/14 at 12:21am

I Liked Victoria's Dress, but it was pretty boring compared to the one she wore at Macys. Just my opinion. LOL

Darreyl with an L!

Videos