News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...- Page 4

Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...

FindingNamo
#75re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 11:57am

Okay, Giblets, for the last time, I never said anything about Juliana being anything other than exactly how she presents herself. Ever. I know how anybody and everybody who has ever said anything perceived as negative about her is lumped under the group name "Namo" in some people's imagination, and in the imaginations of some people's fans, but that ain't the case.

Two, Jayn, I DID read Atlas Shrugged, I was commenting on how you were saying Rand's philosophy and the story of the novel were good, but you had started the discussion by saying you hadn't actually read it.

Robbie, your stories make me scream with laughter.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 9/19/03 at 11:57 AM

Jaynrand Profile Photo
Jaynrand
#76re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 12:06pm

Edited the post...though you said YOU hadn't read it. Oh well...internet is great...shorthand doesn't always translate.

Glad you have read, sorry I misunderstood what you wrote.

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#77 : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 12:09pm

Well if you liked that one, try this one on for size.

Picture it. A steam room at a popular NYC gym. I'm in there alone, because it's 'good for the chords and the complexion'. In walks a handsome man. Bald, except for that ring around the sides. Mr. Man seems in the mood for a show. What am I if not a consummate performer who gives his fans what they want. So, curtain up, light the lights, gang way world get offa my runway.

At the end of the performance (standing ovation of course) I introduce myself and he introduces himself as 'Richard'. He leaves, a happy patron of the arts.

I go to my locker to get dressed and there next to me is another handsome man with a this luxurious head of hair. He starts talking and flirting and, I tell you, I was DIZZY. Who knew I was such a popular boy?? Anyway, we chat a bit and as he leaves, I ask his name. He gives me a pained look and says 'Richard'.

It was at that point that it dawned on me. It was the same guy from the steam room...only with a big ole toupe.

aaaaaaaaand scene.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#78re: : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 12:14pm

Was this the Vanderbilt Y, robbiej? Hmmm?

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

FindingNamo
#79re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 12:16pm

BRAVO! That story got a rise outta me, Robbie!

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#80re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 12:19pm

Bally's, 43rd and Madison.

I can say that cause I'm no longer a member!

And how is this ontopic, you say. Well...friends have been encouraging me to put together an evening of my hilarious sexual misadventures. Cause, for some reason, there are a lot!!!

I was going to intersperse them with showtunes.

FindingNamo
#81re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 12:23pm

My friends have been urging me to do the same! For the same reason!

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#82re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 12:25pm

OMG, robbiej---that was HILARIOUS! =)

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#83re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 12:27pm

I do what I can to inject some humor.

Get it? Inject? FILTHY!

NAMO...I suggest we team up and do it a la Judy and Barbra.

Zola LaPlaya
#84re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 2:49pm

Hello my lovelies.

Did you miss me?

Robbie, that was high drama hilarity. My first husband's name was Richard. I have no doubt it was he. Did yours have a tiny penis as well?

Namo, would you send your copy of Ayn Rand to Miss Juliana Ashley Hansen? She could throw herself into its dialectic over her Cobb Salads -- as long as she is not interrupted by the creative team telling her how talented she is.

I find the topic of anonymous, well casual, drug- and exercise-induced homosexual acts in steamrooms and toilets quite appropriate on a thread about Miss Juliana Ashley Hansen's on-line journal.

As ever,
Z

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#85re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 3:39pm

Robbie, you've outdone yourself! EXCELLENT! Namo, I love you as always and for the person who insisted upon having people state HERE whether we like Zola or not (ahhh, a trip back to junior high), I'd like to publicly state that I, for one, enjoy Madame Zola a great deal.

#86re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 3:43pm

I like Zola too! She's funny. I feel sorry that she was married to a teenyweeny peeny man. As my gay friends say, I bet she was the top in that relationship anyway.

I hope Juliana makes it to the Actors' Studio and Jimmy Lipton can ask her "what's your favorite curse?" Mine is c*nt. I bet hers is too.

Ron Pulliam
#87re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 4:41pm

Mine is G*dd*****d-C***ks*****g-M****r-F****r!

For all who have expressed themselves on Juliana and my defense, for good or ill -- she's 20, she's talented, and she's employed.

I find it highly amusing, for the most part, that you all deal with it in the way you do.

Jack42
#88re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 4:57pm

Zola writes: "I am not attempting to rile anyone. I am simply pointing out that not everyone has to agree that her journal has any merit whatsoever."

And also "I find the topic of anonymous, well casual, drug- and exercise-induced homosexual acts in steamrooms and toilets quite appropriate on a thread about Miss Juliana Ashley Hansen's on-line journal."

Well.. it's good that you are above being immature, bitter and obnoxious as to not rile anyone up.

Perhaps you should take your masturbatory antics to your secret hidden website and take a trip past the marshmallow pit of candyland and discuss it there...

Intellectual and sometimes even catty discourse is one thing, but these posts have become downright offensive without any regard for the people who might happen upon these threads.

You want to disrespect someone that's your right - but I would think that all of you..and yeah.. especially Namo, because (dare I say this) he comes off the most "mature" and not catty - would at least care about respecting those who visit this site a little more.

You (in this case Namo) talk about Juliana contributing to the female stereotype of having to be thin, etc.. and harming today's female youth image in the process.. What do you think all this banter does for today's youth?

You once wrote to BK on a thread that HE is part of the problem if he is publishing her journal.

Guess what? You aren't any better...

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity -- Harlan Ellison.

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#89re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal - Entry #23 now online...
Posted: 9/19/03 at 5:02pm

Well I'm 30, talented and employed...AND A SLUT!!!

Oh...just kidding. Not a slut anymore now that I'm in a (choke) committed relationship.

Jenny...omigod...that's MY favorite curse word too! Let's see which of us gets to scream it at the top of our lungs first at that leather handbag known as Mr. Lipton.

Updated On: 9/19/03 at 05:02 PM

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#90re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal -
Posted: 9/19/03 at 5:03pm

Folks - please take your personal sexual histories, etc. to private messages... This is a Broadway message board, visited by folks of all ages, etc. etc. and these unrelated things are best discussed elsewhere. I'd prefer not to start having to remove inappropriate postings, so best if they don't come up to begin with.

Thanks,

Rob Updated On: 9/19/03 at 05:03 PM

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#91re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal -
Posted: 9/19/03 at 5:11pm

I apologize, RobD.

I just thought that my little tales were somehow less incendiary than the blood sport that is the defending/desecration of Juliana.

I will endeavor to be clean as a whistle from now on!

Best,
robbiej

FindingNamo
#92re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's Journal -
Posted: 9/19/03 at 5:12pm

Ronald, I never said she was perpetuating stereotypes. I said she was contributing to a harmful culture-wide message to young women, particularly would-be performers. I didn't say she invented it, I didn't say she was conscious of it. However, you WOULD THINK I said she went over the individual readers' houses and knocked carbohydrates out of their hands.

I think sex-positivity is a good thing, and that's not something I see as a problem at all, unlike most Americans. It would appear that people filled in a LOT of the blanks in robbie's post with their own feverish imaginations (go back and read it!), which is another thing I applaud. But the webmaster does not applaud it, and it's his ballfield.

Updated On: 9/19/03 at 05:12 PM

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#93re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's J
Posted: 9/19/03 at 5:17pm

Thanks Robbie... Try to think PG-13ish. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:  : re:  Juliana's J

Jack42
#94re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's J
Posted: 9/19/03 at 5:20pm

Michael..

You mean Jack, not Ronald.. but that's no matter...

You are right.. sexual positivity is a great thing... and forgive me for not going back and reading every single word you posted. The point was, that you made a point to illustrate (a few times) that anyone that wasn't part of the solution was part of the problem.

You, Michael are part of THIS problem.

My POINT, was that starting to mudsling explatives such as the C word is crossing the line. You can't have it both ways - preach the betterment of the world and then contribute to it's decay..

Well you can, of course - but THAT'S hypocrisy...

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity -- Harlan Ellison.

FindingNamo
#95re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's J
Posted: 9/19/03 at 5:39pm

Jack, you're right, I did not mean Ronald. Ronald is my civil friend who thinks I am smart. You are the man who is using a pseudonym, an activity frowned upon by many. Speaking of which, good guess that my name is Michael (I've got a nickel, I've got a nickel, shiny and new). Care to guess if my last name has letters or just numbers like yours?

Updated On: 9/19/03 at 05:39 PM

Jack42
#96re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's J
Posted: 9/19/03 at 5:56pm

Michael..

I already told you, my name is Jack and it's not a pseudonym at all. As for my "guess" - it was nothing of the sort.

I think I have been rather civil. As civil as you have been when challenging you.

As for guesses to your last name... we could play wheel of fortune.. I'll take a "P"

mamamia sammy Profile Photo
mamamia sammy
#97 re: : re: Juliana's J
Posted: 9/19/03 at 5:57pm

how mysterious!

BroadwayWorld: A home for the dangerously unhinged

FindingNamo
#98re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's J
Posted: 9/19/03 at 5:59pm

As civil as I have been when challenging I?

I hate Wheel of Fortune. Didn't they cancel that? I know I lost interest once they got rid of the part where they bought tchotchkes.

And we should probably try to get the talk more theatery. The way Robbie turned a sauna escapade into Rose's Turn.

Updated On: 9/19/03 at 05:59 PM

FindingNamo
#99re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: : re: Juliana's J
Posted: 9/19/03 at 6:04pm

Well, that doesn't seem all that directly related to theater... it seems more like a foregone conclusion since you said it isn't a guess at all. So that would make it more like the great quiz show scandals of the fifties wherein people already knew the answers and pretended they did not. We'd hate to end up with an investigation of this site. And if you don't make the talk about theater I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rob gets kinda teed.

Oh wait, what happened? Was that all just a dream or did the space ship hiding behind Halle Bopp just call?

Updated On: 9/19/03 at 06:04 PM

Videos