News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES- Page 2

IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#25re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:21pm

I hope that she does sing, because I know that people are worried for her but will also be very disappointed. I cannot even imagien what they are feeling right now. Maybe she will sign posters at the end to make up for it. I mean, it's certainly not her fault that she got injured. I hope she gets better, and I wish her luck!

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#26re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:21pm

"Idina gets a standing O anyway."

She doesn't get a standing O when she comes out of the floor.

I can't help but laugh when I think of the parents of all of the "Wicked" fangirls who are going to be sitting there like, "W. T. F.", when the audience goes crazy.

EDIT:

EXACTLY my thoughts, #1Elphie.

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."
Updated On: 1/9/05 at 05:21 PM

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#27re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:22pm

#1Elphie.....that is a really funny though...i literally LOL'ed...lol....they would be sooo confused.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#28re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:33pm

We were at the theater today, and believe me, there were a TON of people (tourists or not) that had no idea who Idina was.

WhereAmIGoingTo Profile Photo
WhereAmIGoingTo
#29re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:35pm

Kangaroo, she has nothing to make up for. It wasn't her fault. Its a horrible thing to have happened to her, and yes, its a huge disappointment to all her fans, but the one who it stinks the most for is her. She probably needs all the rest she can get, and making whatever very small appearance planned will probably be very, very difficult for her (as well as the after party for the cast that I'm assuming there'll be). Signing posters or posing for pictures or doing anything to "make up" for the fact that she fell through a trap door and hurt her ribs would probably be too taxing on her.

But now we have come almost to the end. One last step. And then, when I take power, they will be pulled down and ground into dirt for what they did to you. And what they did in so contemptuously underestimating me.

WhereAmIGoingTo
#30re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:36pm

Kangaroo, she probably won't sing as rib injuries make any sort of breathing really painful. She has nothing to make up for. It wasn't her fault. Its a horrible thing to have happened to her, and yes, its a huge disappointment to all her fans, but the one who it stinks the most for is her. She probably needs all the rest she can get, and making whatever very small appearance planned will probably be very, very difficult for her (as well as the after party for the cast that I'm assuming there'll be). Signing posters or posing for pictures or doing anything to "make up" for the fact that she fell through a trap door and hurt her ribs would probably be too taxing on her.

But now we have come almost to the end. One last step. And then, when I take power, they will be pulled down and ground into dirt for what they did to you. And what they did in so contemptuously underestimating me.
Updated On: 1/9/05 at 05:36 PM

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#31re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:36pm

If she has a cracked or broken rib, its going to be VERY difficult for her to sing at all. Very painful injury !

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#32re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:39pm

Hmmm... I almost want to start a poll about who will the first BWW'er to post a review...

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#33re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:40pm

She only has two lines, which don't seem to require much power. I'm guessing she's willing to deal with the pain for the short period of time considering it's her last appearance in the show.

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#34re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:41pm

I'm sorry, but who cares what the 'fans' are feeling right now?! Honestly, that fall could've been fatal if she'd fallen a different way, and Idina's very lucky she only has some cracked/broken ribs. Anyone who's complaining about being disapointed should just be grateful that she's alright, and WILL be able to perform in the future. I think a good fan would just be grateful that she's okay, not whine that they wasted their money or whatever.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

PJ
#35re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:43pm

She only sings:

"Because I knew you."
and
"I have been changed."

after she comes out from the floor at the end. Depending on how bad it is, she should be able to do it. I would think climbing out of the floor would be a bigger task than singing those two lines.

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#36re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:46pm

I'm sure that Joey Mac will help her out in a very touching, audience-pleasing way.

broadwayguy2
#37re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:48pm

it's funny how the fans seem to know how idina feels about everything.. just like yesterday "she passed out because she was so overcome with emotion because it was her last saturday matinee". hahahahaa

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#38re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:50pm

If Idina is smart , she'll hole up in her dressing room after the show is over..... for at least six hours...

That is gonna be one scary stage door tonight, kiddies!

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

Fantabulous428 Profile Photo
Fantabulous428
#39re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:51pm

It's 5:50 now. Kind of crazy to think I'm sitting at home in silence when in my head I can hear the explosion at the Gershwin right now.

I recognize the addiction to being alive.

VoiceofReason Profile Photo
VoiceofReason
#40re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:53pm

I just hope it can work, only because I remember how emotional/yes even heartwrenching the last line that Fiyero says in the show was for Norbert Leo Butz. I can imagine in this instance, the lines Elphaba and Fiyero say before Elphaba sings, would be even more poignant.

Elphaba: We can never come back to Oz, can we?
Fiyero: No.

I think that would definitly provide excellent closure for all.....that is if the Menzel appearance comes through, but that I'm sure we will find out soon enough.

For heaven's sake, don't try to be cynical. It's perfectly easy to be cynical. ~The Importance of Being Earnest~

WhereAmIGoingTo
#41re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:54pm

PRECISELY, Jade!

THANK YOU for phrasing that so perfectly.

Lucifer
#42re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 5:56pm

wow... and probably right now Idina's giving her going-away speech! crazy!

~ "No, I don't want to hurt you... I only want to KILL!!!!" -Bat Boy

surefinewhatever Profile Photo
surefinewhatever
#43re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 6:03pm

i know. . . i wish i was there. . i hope someone posts a transcript of her speech

" I don't cause commotions, I am one."

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#44re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 6:05pm

Yeah, right. The applause from the trapdoor pop-up is probably still going on.

NightLaughs Profile Photo
NightLaughs
#45re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 6:38pm

"I'm skeptical about this whole situation... also, way to rid Shoshana of the spotlight"

I'm sorry but this is Idina's FINAL show. The woman has worked with Wicked for years, and performed to the best of her ability for months and months. An extremely hard worker. The least she deserves is to be able to have a proper good bye. I am sure Shoshana is lovey and extremely talented, but I am also sure she understands the situation. She'll have plenty of months ahead to be "in the spotlight".

If you limit your choices to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."- Robert Fritz

idinarocksmysocks!510 Profile Photo
idinarocksmysocks!510
#46re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 7:49pm

I hope she gets to sing!! surefinewhatever ur right! i want a transcript of her farewell speach. there's one sortof on her website www.idina.com but that's a typed one. I hope Idina does a good job tonight! Have fun Dee! We love you!!!!!!

you say i'm weird! look at everyone you're sitting with! and hey, those guys over there just threw napkins up in the air like they were on something! it's contajous! you can't help it!

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#47re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 8:59pm

For the record, Idina DID sing the last two lines, though she was very choked up. My review is in the big thread.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#48re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 9:44pm

i was there. it was a great surprise. we cheered for a good 10mins. she didnt have to sing much which was good. she couldnt even hold her flowers that she got. a fractured rib..that is so sad. i give her a lot of credit for even coming.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#49re: IDINA ON TODAY: PICKING UP THE LAST 15 MINUTES
Posted: 1/9/05 at 9:48pm

I posted this and you could see a much more detailed review of mine in the big review thread(also w/ what I remember from the speeches) but just in terms of a couple of things this thread has been discussing that hasn't been addressed:

1) Idina did not come out of the trap door, she walked in from off stage, even though Joey tapped the trap door. Ooh, and in term of the name thing, I honestly don't remember him saying a name, I think I just remember him saying "it worked."

2) The whole bow thing. Idina did not come out for a bow, Shoshana and Jennifer did. Idina did not come out for curtain call until after the Joey speech and when Jennifer introduced Joe Mantello.

3) I'm not sure if they were tourists who never heard of Idina, but I did talk to quite a few people who were seeing the show for the first time but pretty much knew who Idina was. They were only a little confused at the end not b/c of what happened but because the end really wasn't gone through. They felt like they missed a few of the jokes(i. e. not realizing the whole Popular thing wasn't supposed to happen) but most of them who i talked to still thoroughly enjoyed the show.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Videos