News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Good plays for high schools?- Page 2

Good plays for high schools?

skies Profile Photo
skies
#25Good plays for high schools?
Posted: 6/17/15 at 12:34am

The importance of being earnest.

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

Page210
#26Good plays for high schools?
Posted: 2/3/17 at 12:02pm

Still looking? Check out plays from theatre teacher-new playwright for gender flexible, large cast plays at www.taunyapage.com

#27Good plays for high schools?
Posted: 2/3/17 at 5:32pm

mattporter17 said: "If they can handle the text any Shakespeare would be good. Noises Off would be a good choice as well!

I saw "o Off" back about 20 years ago -- it was one of the funniest things I ever saw in my life.  But then I saw a revival on Broadway with a very professional cast, but somehow none of the humor came through -- the timing was off by maybe half a second and everything fell flat.  It was one of the worst things I ever saw.  I'd be very careful with a show like that where timing is everything.

Alex Kulak2
#28Good plays for high schools?
Posted: 2/3/17 at 7:32pm

My senior year, we did a show called Play On! It sort of had a Noises Off vibe, but instead of a professional troupe, it's about a community theatre putting on a locally written play, and the author keeps barging into make changes. It's 3 acts, about 2 hours, 10 characters (3M, 4W, 3 either or), and from what I remember it's hilarious.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#29Good plays for high schools?
Posted: 2/3/17 at 8:25pm

Twelve Angry Men/Jurors is gender flexible and also easy to do both from a technical standpoint and in terms of high school kids.

Videos