News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?- Page 2

Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?

Islander_fan
#25Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/10/15 at 5:25pm

You do realize that if someone has to explain a joke all humor is lost. And, why the hell would you (or anyone for that matter) wanna get drunk at a show. Drinking is the only way I can deal with your stupid posts and question by the way, and I am well above the legal age. 

HedwigInch
#26Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/10/15 at 5:27pm

"explain it"

When a homosexual male celeb for instance doesn't want to / can't come out and doesn't want the public to suspect anything he shows off a girlfriend he is only dating for publicity. The girlfriend is what people call a "beard". 

This doesn't only apply to celebs but that was just an example. 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#27Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/10/15 at 6:11pm

LOL i didn't know that joke!!

and i don't want to get drunk, but i don't see any problem with drinking an alcoholic beverage from time to time :)

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Phillypinto
#28Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/10/15 at 6:12pm

plus i like those sippy cups :)

AppleSunday
#29Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/10/15 at 6:54pm

This might be in vain but I'm going to attempt to bring this back true to topic because my experance differs so greatly from what I saw on the first half page here.

I get mistaken for a college undergrad a few times a week but I've been buying from theatre bars since I was 21 and the only time I've be carded was when I was 23/24. I'm now well into my mid 20s and get carded everywhere else. Three of my most recent theatre bar experiences were when I saw Darren in Hedwig and I was very surprised not to be carded with young skewing audience. I don't know if it's something about me or if I look young but just not a day below 21, but I almost never get carded at theatre bars. 

Updated On: 8/10/15 at 06:54 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#30Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/10/15 at 7:08pm

" I wanna Drank"

Philly, methinks you already have had a few. You get carded if you look young which I assume you do. Go anywhere serving drinks & the answer will be the same.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 8/10/15 at 07:08 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#31Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/10/15 at 7:14pm

"Fly to Europe. There the legal drinking age is 18 in a bunch of countries, if not all. "

No reason to fly anywhere. Hop in your car, you can be in Quebec where it is 18 before the night is over. 19 in Ontario. Just don't drink and drive.

HedwigInch
#32Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/10/15 at 7:18pm

""Fly to Europe. There the legal drinking age is 18 in a bunch of countries, if not all. "
 No reason to fly anywhere. Hop in your car, you can be in Quebec where it is 18 before the night is over. 19 in Ontario. Just don't drink and drive."

Ah, I wasn't sure about Canada but was sure about Europe. Even better then!

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#33Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/10/15 at 7:25pm

"Even better then!" 

Unless your intent was to get Pinto as far away as possible. In which case I suggest East Timor, which has no minimum. 

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#34Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/11/15 at 12:36am

""Even better then!" 
Unless your intent was to get Pinto as far away as possible. In which case I suggest East Timor, which has no minimum. "

Beneath that imposing intellectual exterior methinks lies a wicked sense of humour.

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#35Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/11/15 at 11:24am

I remember going to see Patti Lupone in Gypsy, I was only 17 at the time. I went alone as my parents were across the road with my sister at Spamalot.

Got to the interval and in my strong northern English accent asked for a diet coke. He gets the drink, gives it to me and I'm just about to pick it up for a sip and he says a price, can't remember but it was more than I'd expect to pay for just a coke (like $10).

I said - $10 for a coke? To which he replied - no Vodka and coke.

I said, um, I'm only 17.....

He couldn't have taken it away any quicker!

Phillypinto
#36Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/11/15 at 5:46pm

LMFAO I love that story!! Did you end up getting a diet coke?  who drinks vodka and coke together anyway? lol

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#37Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/11/15 at 6:08pm

" who drinks vodka and coke together anyway? lol

you really ARE an idiot, or just someone who likes reading their own submissions. Is BWW your ONLY friend ? lol--there, I can do that too though have no idea what it means.

lol lol lol lol  edit  lol

"

Updated On: 8/11/15 at 06:08 PM

Phillypinto
#38Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/11/15 at 6:28pm

people drink vodka and****together? i never heard of that before

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#39Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/11/15 at 6:31pm

Yes

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#40Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/11/15 at 10:58pm

"people drink vodka and****together? i never heard of that before"

Do you mean coke? Vodka and coke? It's a very popular drink. You're a child.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#41Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/11/15 at 11:06pm

Yes, he is a child.  Who else would ask such asinine questions?

DON'T FEED THE UGLY TROLL!!!

Phillypinto
#42Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/11/15 at 11:36pm

ok calm the **** down I'm not legally allowed to drink yet 

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#43Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/12/15 at 12:31am

For someone under age you just seem pretty damn interested in getting yo' drank on at theater's bar.

Rob120 Profile Photo
Rob120
#44Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/12/15 at 1:22am

As a former Broadway Bar Manager for several years I can tell you that generally you'll be carded based on 1: your look.  If you look under 30 and appear at all nervous, anxious, or overeager you'll probably be carded.  2: The show.  A show like Hedwig, Mormon, Wicked or any show that brings in a lot of school groups or younger audiences is more likely to card. And 3: Your order.  You look younger than 25 and you order a shot OR a fruity complicated cocktail that you're better off ordering at a cocktail lounge and not at a busy theatre bar trying to serve 1300 people in 15 minutes you will generally be carded.  Also, why would you risk it.  If you want an adult beverage and a sippy cup, why don't you bring a flask and order a soda?  Cheaper and easier and doesn't put a bartender in jeopardy.  Think a little.

Phillypinto
#45Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/12/15 at 1:34am

LOL I've never been carded ever before in my life. Even at restaurants with a friend who is the same age as me, people think we are older than 21 and they tell us about drinks lol. and why would i be nervous? there is no risk involved. if they ask to see my card, i walk away lmfao. So i am not nervous! I am going to order drinks on my 2 show day on saturday and see what happens lol 

now what should i get? 

brdway411
#46Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/12/15 at 1:41am

a LIFE

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#47Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/12/15 at 1:59am

now what should i get? 

As far away from human contact as humanly possible.

"

Liza's Headband
OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#49Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?
Posted: 8/13/15 at 12:08pm

I am going to order drinks on my 2 show day on saturday and see what happens lol 

now what should i get? 

A Vodka and Diet Coke of course

Videos