News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite

BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite

northlandfan
#1BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/20/24 at 12:00am

Greetings to all fellow  collectors!

As in previous years, I make my way to New York City at this time of year to attend the BCEFA flea market. Always on the lookout for wonderful one of a kind items and signed playbills to add to my collection.

Curious to know if many of you are attending and what your wishlist consists of this year.
If any of you cannot attend this year are looking for specific items, please not hesitate to list them here or private message me and I will do my best to reach out to some of you as I have done in previous years.

I always enjoying meeting fellow collectors at the market and the weather looks like it’s gonna be great this year

Happy hunting!!

Updated On: 9/20/24 at 12:00 AM

ScottK
#2BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/20/24 at 1:01am

I'm on the hunt for the following windowcards:

a) On Your Feet (qty 1)

b) Illinoise (qty 1)

c) Oh Mary! (qty 2)

LuckyDipster Profile Photo
LuckyDipster
#3BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/20/24 at 6:25am

I'm in the UK, but I would definitely be there if I could, hunting for anything Roger Bart related.

hearthemsing22
#4BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/20/24 at 1:08pm

LuckyDipster said: "I'm in the UK, but I would definitely be there if I could, hunting for anythingRoger Bartrelated."

I'm happy to look for you if you'd like! I'm really only looking for one thing, so if I don't see it on my initial lap around, I can do another to hunt for RB items for you!

*I will not charge for this. I'm happy to dig through bins for you! 

JBM84
#5BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/20/24 at 1:16pm

I'm from out of town, so if anyone is around the Schubert booth and finds anything HLL I'd love for a hoodie, ninoy picture, etc.

LuckyDipster
#6BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/20/24 at 2:46pm

hearthemsing22 said: "I'm happy to hunt for RB items for you!"

That is so kind of you!  I really appreciate that.  Thank you!  I would be able to Paypal you to cover costs and shipping.

hearthemsing22
#7BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/20/24 at 4:19pm

LuckyDipster said: "hearthemsing22 said: "I'm happy to hunt for RB items for you!"

That is so kind of you! I really appreciate that. Thank you! I would be able to Paypal you to cover costs and shipping.
"

I can't message you for more info :( Are you able to message me?

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#8BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/20/24 at 5:14pm

Fellow market attendee! I'm hitting year 5 of my search for a Great Comet of 1812 window card, please make my dreams a reality (under $100)! 

Other than that, I'll be searching mostly for things from the shows I liked this past season that closed at Curtain Call's table. The Instagram preview has nice items, but I know I'll mainly be looking for popular shows, much to my misfortune. I liked Bad Cinderella last year and there wasn't much from there last year either, so it always depends if the show submits anything. Hopefully we all find some wonderful stuff!

VintageSnarker
#9BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/20/24 at 5:45pm

I'm going to see what's going on at the Met Opera table and then head to Curtain Call. I don't go in with a plan but it helps that I like merch from flops. It would also be nice to pick up some new mugs.

LuckyDipster
#10BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/21/24 at 3:51am

hearthemsing22 said: "I can't message you for more info :( Are you able to message me?"

When I click on your private message button, it says Sorry, This User Does Not Accept Private Messages.  

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#11BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/21/24 at 9:22am

I haven’t been in a while. Do they still do that Pick a Tix (or something like that) thing where you can win show tickets?

Listener
#12BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/21/24 at 9:33am

As a previous poster mentioned, northlandfan, when someone attempts to send a private message, it just says Sorry, This User Does Not Accept Private Messages.  

Not sure why that is. Did everyone's ability to send/receive PMs get deactivated?

I won't be able to travel to make it out to the flea, but there are a few pieces I'd be grateful if someone could pick up, should they find them.

Updated On: 9/21/24 at 09:33 AM

iluvtheatertrash
#13BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/21/24 at 9:52am

Not going this year. First time I’ve been in the city and not gone. But thanks to battling a brain tumor, my finances have dwindled down to nothing and I honestly don’t have the patience for the pushing and shoving from a great number of attendees. 

It’s my favorite event of the year so I’m a bit sad about it, but I definitely won’t miss the crazy crowds and shoving. 
hopefully next year I’ll resume my search for stritch goodies… 

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Listener
#14BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/21/24 at 10:17am

iluvtheatertrash said: "Not going this year. First time I’ve been in the city and not gone. But thanks to battling a brain tumor, my finances have dwindled down to nothing and I honestly don’t have the patience for the pushing and shoving from a great number of attendees.

It’s my favorite event of the year so I’m a bit sad about it, but I definitely won’t miss the crazy crowds and shoving.
hopefully next year I’ll resume my search for stritch goodies…
"

I'm so sorry to hear you've been dealing with that :(  Definitely take it easy tomorrow and do something to pamper yourself a bit. Big hugs!

scripps Profile Photo
scripps
#15BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/21/24 at 12:06pm

DramaTeach said: "I haven’t been in a while. Do they still do that Pick a Tix (or something like that) thing where you can win show tickets?"

This has been a bit of a scandal in my circles but there will be no Pik-a-Tkt table this year. 

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#16BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/21/24 at 12:37pm

scripps said: "DramaTeach said: "I haven’t been in a while. Do they still do that Pick a Tix (or something like that) thing where you can win show tickets?"

This has been a bit of a scandal in my circles but there will be no Pik-a-Tkttable this year.
"

Interesting. Wonder why they’re not doing it anymore. Thanks for the info.

scripps Profile Photo
scripps
#17BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/21/24 at 5:45pm

DramaTeach said: "scripps said: "DramaTeach said: "I haven’t been in a while. Do they still do that Pick a Tix (or something like that) thing where you can win show tickets?"

This has been a bit of a scandal in my circles but there will be no Pik-a-Tkttable this year.
"

Interesting. Wonder why they’re not doing it anymore. Thanks for the info.
"

From what I was told, it's simply because the person who runs the table is unavailable and no one has volunteered to fill in. It's a shame because I know a few folks who drop a few hundred at this table every year. 

No Pik-a-Tkt. No Michael Crawford International Fan Association. This is no longer my B'way Flea.

Akitarent
#18BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/21/24 at 5:48pm

Does anyone know if the NYTW will have any RENT-related items? If anyone find a table with any Rent items, please let me know 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#19BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/21/24 at 5:52pm

Hoping I can swing by Shubert Alley late tomorrow. 

Oh look, a bibu!

northlandfan
#20BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/21/24 at 11:38pm

Good evening all

I will be arriving early tomorrow for the flea market and was wondering if anybody wishes to combine forces to find items on our wish lists. Please let me know as early as possible so perhaps we can meet before the tables open.

Thanks!

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#21BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/22/24 at 1:04am

If anyone comes across a cast-signed Shuffle Along window card and doesn’t want it for themselves, I’d love to buy it from you.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#22BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/22/24 at 6:58am

(*MAME chorus*)

IT’S TODAAAAAAAAAYYY

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

GottaGetAGimmick420
#23BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/22/24 at 7:33am

If anyone comes across a Love Never Dies window card, let me know and I'll open my DMs for you

I'm just here so I don't get fined

tyleramullen
#24BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/22/24 at 8:43am

I’ll be working the autograph table with Broadway Cares. Yay! (Say hey to the teal hat guy!) However, won’t get to take a pass through until much later. If anyone catches these things for a decent price (~20 or less), I’ll def buy it from you later. Happy Flea!

Into the Woods OG poster

Angela Lansbury Gypsy poster

Waitress script

Kinky Boots script

Stereophonic script

Oh, Mary! script

Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? vinyl

PegasusOasis
#25BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
Posted: 9/22/24 at 9:39am

Where are good places to use the bathroom near the flea? Thanks 

Videos