News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

show bloopers

dramaparoxysm23 Profile Photo
dramaparoxysm23
#50re: show bloopers
Posted: 1/11/08 at 3:14am

I'm sure I've seen other things that would make me ask questions, but the big one in my mind right now is Hairspray. I notice the actors do a lot of dancing around (and even jumping over) the pit on stage and it looks like an accident waiting to happen. Has anything ever gone wrong during a performance?

Oh, speaking of accidents waiting to happen, what about Robert's roller skating in Drowsy? Or the skating in Xanadu or Little Mermaid, for that matter...they all look like that could cause problems.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I remember days
Or at least I try
But as years go by
They're sort of haze
And the bluest ink
Isn't really sky
And at times I think
I would gladly die
For a day of sky

And Starbucks will use the words 'large' and 'small', not pretentious crap like grande and tall.
"You could get away with anything if you call it art and tell people who don't like it that it's cutting edge culture." --vmlinnie
Updated On: 1/11/08 at 03:14 AM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#51re: show bloopers
Posted: 1/11/08 at 6:21am

dramaparoxysm23, I've wondered the same thing. Especially when I was sitting right in front of where some of them land. It doesn't seem like they have a lot of extra room on the front of the stage either.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

RENT's_Awakening Profile Photo
RENT's_Awakening
#52re: show bloopers
Posted: 1/11/08 at 10:24pm

When I saw Spamalot, during the Knights of Ni scene, the main Knight said "We are the now the Knights of ICKI ICKI ICKI BEKLANG SCHWING..." and went on in gibberish for a few moments before breaking into a chorus of "London Bridge". He then broke into a fit of histeria, including everyone onstage except Arthur, who was being played by Harry Groener then. He was completely straight faced the whole time, but the entire remainder of the scene the head Knight was cracking smiles.

"But alone is alone...not alive..."

Videos