News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

The Producers

BlueColorPencils Profile Photo
BlueColorPencils
#0The Producers
Posted: 8/5/05 at 11:05pm

Hey... did anyone see this recently with Hunter Foster?? The show was really hilarious!!! I got an Autograph from Hunter Foster and then I asked him for a hug and he said sure! soo I HUGGED HUNTER FOSTER!!! yay!

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#1re: The Producers
Posted: 8/5/05 at 11:15pm

I haven't seen it but YAY for having a good time! Glad you liked it!

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

DoogieB Profile Photo
DoogieB
#2re: The Producers
Posted: 8/6/05 at 1:23am

I really want to go back for a third time to see this new cast.

Message Board Signature

worrell4077
#3re: The Producers
Posted: 8/6/05 at 11:19am

I haven't seen it since April, but I did see Hunter in it three times last year(including his last day) and he was fantastic in it. He is my favorite Bloom and him and Brad have great comedic timing with each other.

I too have a photo(s) and an autograph(s) from him, he's such a nice, sweet guy. Sweetness must run in the family because him and his sister are so nice, the same goes for Christian(haven't met Jen yet, although I did see her at Hunter's last LSOH and last Producers).

Sorry if no one really cares about that last paragraph, but I've just become such a HUGE fan of Hunter, Sutton, and Christian.

I'm pleased that you had a wonderful time at the show and after.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#4re: The Producers
Posted: 8/6/05 at 11:25am

I saw the show a couple weeks ago and both Hunter and Brad were out! I saw John Tracey Egan and Stacie... something or other, I'm sorry, I forget his name, as Bialystock and Bloom, respectively. Egan was fantastic, had I not known he was an understudy, I never would have guessed. Stacie was fine, but it all Egan's show. And I love Angie Schwoyer (spelling?). The show still holds up very well.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#5re: The Producers
Posted: 8/6/05 at 11:49am

Hunter is great as Leo. He certainly sings it wonderfully :) But I think my favorite Max would be Richard Kind.

LuvBroadwayHugs
#6re: The Producers
Posted: 8/6/05 at 12:17pm

I saw it with Alan Ruck and Richard Kind which was very cool but I'd really like to see it with Hunter. I've heard from friends that he's fantastic.

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#7re: The Producers
Posted: 8/6/05 at 12:56pm

ahhh! jealous!
I've wanted to see this show! but I suck and live in Illinois

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

MrBundles Profile Photo
MrBundles
#9re: The Producers
Posted: 8/6/05 at 1:12pm

I've only seen it once with Jason Alexander and Martin Short.....funniest people EVER!

Your fupa is showing.

CaTheatreGirl Profile Photo
CaTheatreGirl
#10re: The Producers
Posted: 8/6/05 at 2:15pm

I've seen the show more times than I want to admit and with just about every combination of leads. Nathan and Matthew are still tops and by a wide margin. Next best and extremely enjoyable are Brad and Roger.

I enjoyed Hunter in Urinetown and LSOH, but this was not his best role. Just my opinion and we all can differ.

pab Profile Photo
pab
#11re: The Producers
Posted: 8/6/05 at 2:39pm

CaTheatreGirl, while I agree that Hunter is not the best Leo that I've seen (for me Roger was), I don't think that Nathan and Matthew are "tops and by a wide margin". It was more enjoyable for me watching Brad and Roger because they were more the characters and not just personalities. Nathan has a tendency to be Nathan in most of what he does so it was refreshing to see two actors who created real characters.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#12re: The Producers
Posted: 8/6/05 at 2:53pm

lol StephanietheStar- you live in the chicago area...that's where The Producers had it's pre-broadway try-out...with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick. So I don't think being stuck in Illinois isn't that bad. re: The Producers

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D
Updated On: 8/6/05 at 02:53 PM

neocomposer Profile Photo
neocomposer
#13re: The Producers
Posted: 8/6/05 at 3:53pm

my favorite leo EVER!!! saw him in it last summer...maybe i should do it again.

"That Sondheim kid has a big future."-Nathan Lane

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#14!!
Posted: 8/6/05 at 4:10pm

I know Jai! and the college I go to now takes trips to see shows all the time (I've seen sweet charity, I am my own wife, etc) and they went like..whatever year that was..so half my friends saw that show...I didn't...stupid Hs...lol

they also saw the pre-bway Aida...why couldn't I have been in college THEN??? geez...

lol I do love Chicago..its wonderful :)

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#15!!
Posted: 8/6/05 at 5:27pm

how long is hunter remaining in the cast? i definitley want to see it before he's gone.

bwayfan1225
#16!!
Posted: 8/6/05 at 9:12pm

Hunter is staying until January.

Up In Lost
#17!!
Posted: 8/6/05 at 9:19pm

I saw him when he wa sin it the first time, but I'm planning on seeing it again. He's amazing.

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

Sarah2
#18!!
Posted: 8/6/05 at 11:03pm

I saw it in London with Nathan Lane and Lee Evans. I thought they were both very good and the show was good but it's not my favorite. Maybe it would be better a second time. It's funny because my dad didn't really want to see it and I think he liked it the most out of all of us.

Videos