News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Tamyra Gray to Play Mimi in Rent May 29-Nov 25- Page 3

Tamyra Gray to Play Mimi in Rent May 29-Nov 25

coolkid11776
#50re: Tamyra Gray to Play Mimi in Rent
Posted: 5/4/07 at 7:48pm

Because they are brining all these stars to the show could this be a sad sign that the show will close soon. I HOPE NOT

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#51re: Tamyra Gray to Play Mimi in Rent
Posted: 5/4/07 at 7:59pm

Hey, I remember when she had a lame guest appearance on Boston Public!

(The role and the episode pretty much were what sucked, not her...)

Wasn't it a recurring role? I thought I remembered seeing her a few times on it.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

misschung
#52re: Tamyra Gray to Play Mimi in Rent
Posted: 5/4/07 at 10:15pm

Having been on Broadway before doesn't really mean anything to me -- acting skills don't seem to be a requirement to make it to a Broadway stage anymore

I agree. And what's up with all the casting of idol people? I don't disagree with it, but it always suprises me that they end up on Broadway, not just with record deals. The line between pop/broadway star is becoming thinner and thinner..

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

Studmuffn520
#53re: Tamyra Gray to Play Mimi in Rent
Posted: 5/4/07 at 10:26pm

i think shes gonna be great. rent is gonna be awesome this summer and i cant wait to go!

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#54re: Tamyra Gray to Play Mimi in Rent
Posted: 5/5/07 at 10:21am

I think this is great! I can ALREADY see her doing it also...I have a good feeling she is going to fit right in.

AND that lucky biotch gets to play opposite Adam and Anthony! What a time to get cast! re: Tamyra Gray to Play Mimi in Rent

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

jarred03
#55re: Tamyra Gray to Play Mimi in Rent
Posted: 5/7/07 at 12:55am

I think Tamyra will be amazing in this show and will be especially good with Adam, their voices are gonna meld together perfectly in their duets. It will be amazing!

Virgo
#56re: Tamyra Gray to Play Mimi in Rent
Posted: 5/7/07 at 11:22am

"I agree. And what's up with all the casting of idol people? I don't disagree with it, but it always suprises me that they end up on Broadway, not just with record deals. "

Tamyra did have a record deal and I think she still writes songs for other artists. She can do broadway and music, she can be multi-faceted. Out of six years of idol and 144 contestants to make it into the top 24 of each season only a small percentage of those people end up on broadway. We can count them on one hand almost.

Frenchie (first to go to bw)
Tamyra (second)
Diana (third)
Josh (fourth)
Constantine (fifth)
Fantasia (sixth)

Furthermore, have any idol contestants who've taken broadway ever received bad reviews for their work? I know Fantasia is getting rave reviews and I know Frenchie received great reviews also. So, perhaps they are ending up on broadway because they are talented and being chosen for broadway. With the success of fantasia, I've got a feeling that they are going to start pulling a lot more idol finalist and bringing them to broadway and then that's when it will likely start screwing things up. But so far, people who've gone from idol to broadway have done nothing but help the shows they've joined.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#57re: Tamyra Gray to Play Mimi in Rent
Posted: 5/7/07 at 11:47am

And now Anthony Federov, although he is in an Off Broadway show.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 5/7/07 at 11:47 AM

Videos