News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Spring Awakening Tickets

SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice Profile Photo
SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice
#1Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:26am

I looked for another thread, but I will be in town Tuesday to Thursday and was wondering what is the best way to see the show on late notice. Rush, cancelation line, etc???

Thanks for the help in advance.

"Bad theater is better than no theater" Some smart guy.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#2re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:28am

I have heard people get like 10th row seats for the cancellation line. I will wait for someone who is more experienced in rushing to answer about that.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/23/07 at 6:16am

SimpleJoys, the last SPRING AWAKENING discount code, which is for Wednesday performances only, expires this Wednesday, so you're in luck. Print out the discount code from the link below and bring it to the box office on Wednesday. If you're trying for the matinee, get to the box office when it opens at 10am and see what is available. Cancellation tickets may not be released until around noon. If you're trying for the evening, get there at around 5:00 (you might have to wait until around 6:00), but you should definitely be able to get a good cancellation seat. With this discount code, Orchestra and Front Mezzanine tickets will be $84.00 and Rear Mezzanine tickets will be $66.50.
SPRING AWAKENING Discount Code

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#3re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/23/07 at 11:25am

How much longer do you guys think SA will be on TKTS?

Or is its TKTS life already over?...

carnimiriel Profile Photo
carnimiriel
#4re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/23/07 at 12:00pm

Spring Awakening hasn't been on TKTS all week.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#5re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/23/07 at 12:14pm

SA is basically sold out for a few weeks, minus a few partial view tickets in the orchestra (which are rush tickets, but Telecharge would rather sell them full price) and some rear mezz ones.

For rush, apparently getting there past 6:30 am is a bit risky now. I'd get the 66.50 rear mezzanine tickets. I sat there on Thursday, and happen to love that seat. Front mezzanine, I was not a fan of, but being up that high I enjoyed my rear mezzanine seat for some reason.
Updated On: 6/23/07 at 12:14 PM

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#6re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/23/07 at 12:46pm

What?

I got to rush at 8:10 last Wednesday and was more than fine. Only a few people showed up after me, and I think everyone got tickets. I got Row A, Seat 9, an amazing seat.

Don't try to make rush seem like this crazy thing when it isn't.

#7re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/23/07 at 10:52pm

Thank you Foster for the discount code...

But I am bit confused about the other information...is rush available? Are people being turned away? Is the cancelation line a sure thing? What is the best thing to do?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#8re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/23/07 at 10:55pm

I got to rush at 8:10 last Wednesday and was more than fine. Only a few people showed up after me, and I think everyone got tickets

I went the Wednesday before you. Got there at 7AM and there were about 20 people aherad of me.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

broadwayguy2
#9re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/23/07 at 10:55pm

You could always get there and try rush. If you miss out, ask what else is available.. maybe even standing room. If you don't buy them that way, check back for the cancellation line. All covered.

#10re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/24/07 at 3:11pm

what time does the cancelation line tickets become available for sale?

alex2155 Profile Photo
alex2155
#11re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/24/07 at 3:51pm

In the cancellation line don't you still have to pay full price for whatever was canceled? Or are they discounted in some way too?

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#12re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/24/07 at 3:56pm

Cancellation is full price. Can you use discounts for cancellation?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

#13re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/24/07 at 11:15pm

a love "bump"

JenD512
#14re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/25/07 at 1:03am

My sister had tickets to see it last week, but her husband's job interview ran late and they weren't able to get into the city to see the show (the good news: he got the job!). Anyone think they'll be able to get decent tickets anytime soon? They're so bummed they missed the show!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#15re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/25/07 at 10:40am

Cancellation tickets can be purchased with a discount code. The reason why it's usually never an option is because the shows that usually sell the whole house out (WICKED, JERSEY BOYS) never have discount codes available, so cancellation tickets are always full price.

The discount code I posted above is the last discount code left from before SPRING AWAKENING won all of its Tony Awards and is probably the last one you're bound to see for some time. So if you bring the discount to the box office for cancellation tickets, it will be accepted.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#16re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/25/07 at 12:08pm

For this week, if I walked up to the box office wanting 3 tickest to a show (any performance this week), not doing cancellation line or anything - will I be able to get tickets?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#17re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/25/07 at 1:17pm

Cancellation line for any show is a risk because people may not cancel. And if they do there's no guarantee where the seats will be ~ the 10th row may be where a group that cahcelled was one time, but it's not like they'll change someone else's seats. If someone in the front row cancels, bingo, cancellation tickets in the front row.

And it may not have been on tkts, but they were actually papering it last week in front of tkts. I just rolled my eyes and shook my head. It's selling out or close to it now and they're STILL feeling the need to cram papers in my face? Absurd.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

broadwayjim42
#18re: Spring Awakening Tickets
Posted: 6/25/07 at 1:31pm

Am I living in dreamland in thinking there might be cancellations for on-stage seating this Thursday or Friday.

Checking anyway when I get there but has anyone had any experience getting a single onstage seat day of or day before?

Videos