News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

SOMETHING ROTTEN! - first listen to the full cast album- Page 3

SOMETHING ROTTEN! - first listen to the full cast album

KathyNYC2
#50SOMETHING ROTTEN! - first listen to the full cast album
Posted: 5/31/15 at 6:53pm

Yes really close in the orchestra is fun for certain things but obviously your view is limited. My daughter had front row and she is not short but missed the tap dancing feet...she could only see ankles and above. But she is a musician and enjoyed seeing her buds in the pit.

I prefer front Mezz for most shows....I was a little far to the side so they called it partial view but it was pretty great.

I also enjoyed Aaron a lot - and you could tell that it was his first time as the cast was really watching him and giving him subtle props for his performance. He was very confident in the part and was beaming at the curtain call. I figured something was up because there were no inserts in the playbill regarding anyone being out..but I could hear the cast rehearsing and rehearsing the tap number RIGHT before the show started. So when an announcement was made regarding the change in cast, I figure..ah ha, that's why the late rehearsal.

Gee a lot of us won yesterday matinee! (after not winning 10 times for me).

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#51SOMETHING ROTTEN! - first listen to the full cast album
Posted: 5/31/15 at 7:21pm

Yeah, I wasn't able to see much of their dancing nor when Nigel falls down on the mattress to go to sleep in the scene before the reprise of "God I Hate Shakespeare" but having seen it before I knew what I was missing. 

When I was coming in, they had Aaron on the board, so it must have been a quick turnaround because as Kathy mentioned there was no inserts and just an announcement before the show. Aaron was wonderful, and I felt like he was genuinely funny as opposed to sort of over milking it like Brooks. 

I had won lotto once and couldn't go, so it was really nice to win and actually go this time. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#52SOMETHING ROTTEN! - first listen to the full cast album
Posted: 6/4/15 at 4:08am

Just listening to album this week. One West Coast so haven't seen the show.

Like it a hell of a lot more than Spamalot.

Penis/Genius is funny.  I can't wait til someone uses that on here as a nickname.

I think the people posting all the hate for this show probably need more dick in their lives.

willep
#53SOMETHING ROTTEN! - first listen to the full cast album
Posted: 6/4/15 at 6:02pm

"I think the people posting all the hate for this show probably need more dick in their lives."

Or, you know, we just don't find the show as clever and amusing as it thinks it is.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#54SOMETHING ROTTEN! - first listen to the full cast album
Posted: 6/4/15 at 6:11pm

Cannot wait for the cd

We saw it during the first few previews. There were some cuts but since I have a naughty version of it, I am satisfied. Would like it to win Best Musical but will not throw a brick thru a window if it does not. Between seeing it, having the cd & the naughty version, I will be content with these and be glad I saw it. Think it the best of the 4 nominated.

Poster Emeritus

ebontoyan
#55SOMETHING ROTTEN! - first listen to the full cast album
Posted: 6/4/15 at 7:34pm

^Agree love Something Rotten, this was the only new show I went to see (and interested in seeing)  in my NYC trip over Memorial weekend. Need to get the cast recording! This is my Best New Musical of the season!

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#56SOMETHING ROTTEN! - first listen to the full cast album
Posted: 6/4/15 at 8:15pm

^ I agree! I saw this and American in Paris and have to say that I liked this show A LOT better!!

jnb9872 Profile Photo
jnb9872
#57SOMETHING ROTTEN! - first listen to the full cast album
Posted: 6/5/15 at 11:18am

"I think the people posting all the hate for this show probably need more dick in their lives."

I think a person who believes that criticism is "hate" and only offers needless ad hominem provocations illustrates precisely how much (or how little) their opinions need be taken to heed.

Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#58SOMETHING ROTTEN! - first listen to the full cast album
Posted: 6/5/15 at 1:15pm

Also, please explain the logic of other people not having "enough" sex means they simply must to a message board to say wah wah meanie things about a show you haven't seen but want to defend?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Videos