News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

RENT last night (11/4) cast list, mini review!!

RENT last night (11/4) cast list, mini review!!

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#0RENT last night (11/4) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 11:45am

Last night I decided to try my luck at Lotto, and with over 100 people there, I ended up winning!! I really thought I didn't have a chance in hell. But the show was amazing and pretty much an entirely new cast from when I saw it weeks ago. Cast list:

Roger - Jay Wilkinson
Mark - Colin Hanlon
Mimi - Antonique Smith
Maureen - Ava Gaudet
Joanne - Crystal Hall
Collins - Destan Owens
Angel - Justin Johnston
Benny - D'Monroe
Mrs. Jefferson, SOLolost - Diana Kaarina

The show was almost sold out, and there was massive energy all around!! Really an amazing audience and the cast was on fire. I had never seen most of the lead roles, and I was impressed with everyone. Antoinique has a lovely sexy deep voice, and played Mimi very giggly, girly, and it was cute. The HIGHLIGHT of the night was La Vie Boheme, when Jay flicks his guitar pick at Colin, and Colin CAUGHT it! He got the most amazed look on his face and he mouthed "I caught it!" everyone was laughing over it. Diana has the most amazing voiuce, I am totally in love with her! Wow, she's really going places.
Ava looked right at me when I MOOed with her lol it was great. This show is in fantastic shape, and I don't just say that cause i'm a fan RENT last night (11/4) cast list, mini review!! I was sitting next to a couple nice girls who lurk here, so if you girls are reading this, come on out! RENT last night (11/4) cast list, mini review!!

That's all I can think of for now. I'm still very giddy from a wonderful night of theatre.

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!
Updated On: 11/5/05 at 11:45 AM

Mini_Mimi17
#1re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 11:48am

Im so glad u liked it :). Yea Cary has been out for almost 2 weeks now but Jay is amazing, Ava is such an awesome Maureen! The play in generial is amazing. Glad you liked it

"You wanna prowl? Be my night owl, well take my hand were gonna howlll...OUT TONIGHT!"-Daphne Rubin Vega the BEST Mimi ever!
Updated On: 11/5/05 at 11:48 AM

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#2re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 11:49am

How was Colin? :)

hypertruffle
#3re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 11:50am

Thanks for the review. I'm planning to see Rent in early or mid December with my Drama Lit class. It's all good. re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

DramaDork925
#4re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 11:50am

Didn't you love Jay!?! He made the show for me.

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#5re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 11:54am

I saw Cary September 13th, didn't realize he was gone! I do love Cary, but Colin AND Jay both totally stole my heart! They have a great chemisry together, and the Goodbye, Love fight was totslly heartbreaking...Jay and Antoinique are so cute together, there really was a big attraction between those two. I think this is the best cast i've seen, out of the 10 or so times i've seen the show re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

FabalaYero85
#6re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 12:06pm

Cary has only been gone for a month due to illness. He should be back next week (Nov 14th-19th).

glad you enjoyed the show. Matt and Merle were absent due to Karmine Alers wedding that day.

haha that cracked me up reading that Colin caught the pick. hmm...Jay can apparently throw better than Shields.

hmm...

colleen_lee
#7re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 12:43pm

Does anyone actually know what's wrong with Cary? I know he's ill, but it's been a pretty long recovery period!

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#8re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 12:53pm

COLIN HANLON!!! he was my Mark....EFFING LOVE HIM!!!!

-Steph

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#9re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 5:47pm

Wow, what a random cast. But very cool, since the performances were fresh, I'm sure.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

CrAzIaBoUtReNt
#10re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 6:15pm

Colin and Crytall were my first Mark and Joanne. I am glad you enjoyed it.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#11re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 6:22pm

Matt and Merle were at Karmine's wedding? That's so cute. I guess it's a bit much to invite the entire cast re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!

That's so funny that Colin caught the guitar pick. I'd be excited too, that requires serious skills.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

DancNdaMoonlite Profile Photo
DancNdaMoonlite
#12re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 6:45pm

Antonique Smith=AMAZING! I saw her a few weeks ago and she was sooooo good.

Broadwayluva Profile Photo
Broadwayluva
#13re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 6:48pm

i'm going this coming Friday with my mom, i'm sooo excited, it'll be my first time seeing it ever! glad you had a good time, i'm sure i will too!!!!!!!!

Broadwayluva
#14re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 7:40pm

i know i'm double posting, but i was just curious, is Matt Caplan sick or is he finished in Rent, and do you think Cary Shields will be back by friday or just wait until monday? thank you

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#15re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 7:44pm

If you scroll up, you'll see that Matt has not left the show, nor was he sick:

Matt and Merle were absent due to Karmine Alers' wedding that day.

I think Cary was sick and now has some extra time off.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 11/5/05 at 07:44 PM

Broadwayluva
#16re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 7:45pm

ok, thanks

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#17re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 8:07pm

YAY Ava! She's my favorite Maureen. I would love to see Diana in this, I love her voice! It's still a little weird to me that she's in Rent because I'm forever going to attach her to Eponine.

Foxxy
#18re: RENT last night (11/5) cast list, mini review!!
Posted: 11/5/05 at 8:18pm

Ava is an amazing maureen, when I saw her Andy Meeks was Mark. AMAZING!!

Videos