News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Peter Pan 2023 Tour

allthatjazz4
#1Peter Pan 2023 Tour
Posted: 12/3/23 at 2:23pm

Has anyone seen this new touring production? Very curious and excited to hear thoughts.

nativenewyorker2
#2Peter Pan 2023 Tour
Posted: 12/3/23 at 2:30pm

Looking at the website the first performance is Tuesday and then they have a 2 month break!? Can someone explain the point of doing one stop and then not having one for another two months?

tourboi
#3Peter Pan 2023 Tour
Posted: 12/6/23 at 3:22pm

I believe, though I could be wrong, that the St Paul run is technically a co-pro between Networks and Ordway. The official 'tour' start is Baltimore. That might explain the gap. Again, could be wrong, that's just an observational theory.

jfreeman3
#4Peter Pan 2023 Tour
Posted: 12/11/23 at 10:20am

I saw the matinee yesterday (Dec. 10) at the Ordway in St. Paul. While it definitely was not advertised, this was still a preview performance. Peter Pan technically opens on Dec. 14, according to the playbill. The main giveaway was the director and his team sitting in the audience taking notes. 

Regardless, I loved the show. The casting is absolutely wonderful. Nolan Almeida as Peter was fantastic. His top-notch singing voice really brought this musical into the 21st century. (Oddly enough, when the show started, he had this thick Cockney-like accent that was very odd. Can anyone help me understand that?!?)  I loved all of the performances. Unfortunately, I’ve never seen any other versions of this musical so I can’t speak much on the updated script, however, I really enjoyed it all. 

The set is way more advanced than what I was expecting. It ‘flies’ all over as we move along from the bedroom, to the forest, and beyond. The flying alone is incredibly intricate as at once there was actively 4 flying all over this stage. It was breathtaking seeing all of that come to life.

The only thing that was a little off for me was the runtime. Act One dragged on and was like almost 90 minutes; however, Act Two was approximately 45 minutes, which I wasn’t expecting. 

All in all, I loved this show and will hopefully catch it again before it ‘flies’ out of town before the end of the year. Do yourself a favor and check out Peter Pan as it begins its official tour in February. If anyone else has seen Peter Pan, I’m intrigued to see what you thought. 

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#5Peter Pan 2023 Tour
Posted: 12/11/23 at 12:04pm

Was there a song list in the playbill? I’m curious to get an idea of the changes they’ve made.

jfreeman3
#6Peter Pan 2023 Tour
Posted: 12/11/23 at 12:46pm

I’m trying to upload a photo and it’s not working. So here is the song list!

Act One:

• Overture
  • Prologue
  • Tender Shepherd
  • I Gotta Crow
  • Neverland
  • I’m Flying
  • Hook’s Tango
  • Wendy
  • I Won’t Grow Up
  • Friends Forever

Act Two:

• We Hate Those Kids (I Won’t Grow Up Reprise)
  • Hook’s Tarantella
  • Distant Melody
  • When I Went Home
  • Hook’s Waltz
  • I Gotta Crow (Reprise)
  • Tender Shepherd (Reprise)
  • Never Grow Up (Reprise)
  • Neverland (Reprise)

That’s the complete song list! 

Updated On: 12/11/23 at 12:46 PM

MatthewS1
#7Peter Pan 2023 Tour
Posted: 12/11/23 at 1:31pm

Would you be able to share the orchestra info?

CATSNYrevival
#8Peter Pan 2023 Tour
Posted: 12/11/23 at 2:16pm

Thanks for the song list! Is "Friends Forever" a revised version of "Ugg-a-Wugg" or a whole new song? Is someone credited for writing new music or lyrics?

MinneapolisMichael
#9Peter Pan 2023 Tour
Posted: 12/11/23 at 3:37pm

I am working on this show. It is currently in preview performances until Friday.  
audiences are loving it. 

tourboi
#10Peter Pan 2023 Tour
Posted: 12/11/23 at 5:55pm

New lyrics are by Amanda Green, and I believe in a video she mentions that Friends Forever uses a tune from SUBWAYS ARE FOR SLEEPING that her father wrote, which has been recycled with her lyrics so that the additional music sounds 'in time' with the rest of the score, or something to that effect.

Updated On: 12/11/23 at 05:55 PM

Chaz Hands
#11Peter Pan 2023 Tour
Posted: 12/11/23 at 7:51pm

MinneapolisMichael said: "I am working on this show. It is currently in preview performances until Friday.
audiences are loving it.
"

Are there any promo codes for the run? Trying to decide if I want to make the trip

George in DC Profile Photo
George in DC
#12Peter Pan 2023 Tour
Posted: 12/11/23 at 10:11pm

Amanda Green is once again using her fathers past work to pretend she has a career of her own. Her new lyrics for 20'th Century were terrible, her work on "Kiss Me Kate" even worse. Can't she just go away.

CATSNYrevival
#13Peter Pan 2023 Tour
Posted: 12/11/23 at 11:47pm

I didn’t even realize she wrote new lyrics for 20th Century. I kind of liked some of the new lyrics she wrote for the NBC Peter Pan Live. I didn’t care for “Vengeance” or “Only Pretend” but I liked “Wonderful World Without Peter” and “True Blood Brothers.” I’ll be curious to hear “Friends Forever” when I see the tour.

Videos