News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Ok to wear shorts to the theater when it’s 94 degrees out?- Page 3

Ok to wear shorts to the theater when it’s 94 degrees out?

Impossible2
#50heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/19/18 at 2:29pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "heeeellllllll yeah "

HAHAHAHAHA

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#51heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/19/18 at 3:01pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "heeeellllllll yeah "

You should have walked over and said hi!

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#52heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/19/18 at 3:19pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "At almost $200 per ticket to see a Broadway show, they dress like they’re going to a $14 movie. I can’t with this.
"

In the words of Chicago's Roxy and Thelma:

Nobody's got no class. 

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#53heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/19/18 at 3:38pm

In the words of Chicago's Roxy and Thelma: Nobody's got no class.

WTF?!   I think you meant Roxie and Velma.  By the way, Roxie doesn’t even utter those lines.   Velma and Matron Mama Morton sing “Class.”’  

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#54heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/19/18 at 4:36pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "At almost $200 per ticket to see a Broadway show, they dress like they’re going to a $14 movie. I can’t with this.
"

In the words of Chicago's Roxy and Thelma:

Nobody's got no class. 

I regret this egregious statement.

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......
Updated On: 6/19/18 at 04:36 PM

geoffreyC
#55heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/19/18 at 4:58pm

I have every authority to make statements of my opinions - which were asked for btw.  

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#56heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 9:20am

I was at the matinee for Hello Dolly on Sunday, and I wore dress shorts (not denim shorts) and business casual polo shirt to the theater, as I do any Sunday matinee I attend in the summer. I didn't feel 'underdressed' and hardly 'out of place'. I sat in the same seat I did last September (front row center mezz on the aisle) and this time treated a friend - and advised her to bring a sweater/shawl (as I did). I remembered it was freezing in that section last September - and it was just as cold this past Sunday afternoon. 

#57heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 9:28am

YAAAAASSSSSS!!!!!! Dress shorts are my uniform!! My mid-life crisis outfit of choice! I LIVE IN SHORTS!!!! Thom Browne is my HERO!!!!! 

jimmycurry01
#58heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 12:05pm

While I would never choose to wear shorts to a theatre, I would have no problem wearing jeans with an appropriate button down shirt. This is a personal choice. With this in mind, there was a time when men would wear jackets and ties to baseball games. I don't think anyone would do that today, at least not those that sit outside; those that sit in executive boxes may still do so. The point is, times change; appropriate dress wear changes over time. If you are comfortable wearing shorts to the theatre when it is 94 degrees out, then do it. Be a trendsetter, other will follow, and some will clutch their pearls. Who cares?

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#59heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 12:46pm

I went to a Yankees game after work once and I felt so hot and out-of-place with my tie and suit. I longed for a nice breathable shirt and shorts.

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#60heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 1:15pm

I'd wear shorts to a wedding if I thought I could get away with it. I feel that what I wear has absolutely zero relation to the amount of respect I have for those around me. I'm also against dress codes at work. I don't think that what I'm wearing has anything to do with my abilities, my work ethic, my dedication, competence, speed, knowledge, etc.  My work speaks for itself; the suffocating little tie they want me to wear doesn't.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#61heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:00pm

^I'm not a shorts wearer, but I do wear jeans whenever I can!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#62heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:07pm

I can't believe people actually care about this. It doesn't affect you. Let me wear what I want.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#63heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:12pm

I have every authority to make statements of my opinions - which were asked for btw.  

Of course you do...for YOUR opinions.  Nobody asked you to speak on behalf of the actors or everyone else in the audience.  On that, you have zero authority.  When you say "they" instead of "I", you are making the assumption that everyone shares your opinion, which obviously, not everyone does.  This thread can assure you of that.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 6/20/18 at 02:12 PM

skies Profile Photo
skies
#64heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:49pm

raddersons said: "I can't believe people actually care about this. It doesn't affect you. Let me wear what I want."

As long as it’s not a leisure suit, I’m good.

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

geoffreyC
#65heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 3:03pm

You appear to be attempting to speak for others right now and unfortunately not in a humorous or hyperbolic manner befitting this topic.  Go grind down your molars elsewhere.

Mister Matt
#66heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 5:29pm

You appear to be attempting to speak for others right now

Howso?  What did I say on behalf of others?  Who were they?

Go grind down your molars elsewhere.

Another inaccurate assumption.  Sort of ironic coming from someone who assumes everyone shares their disdain of bare lower legs in a darkened theatre audience.

Impossible2
#67heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 5:38pm

As long as you don't use your phone or have a ****ing iwatch that keeps blinking I don't care if you sit there naked scratching your balls for 2 hours x

Mister Matt
#68heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 5:42pm

^ You really need to sit by me.

Impossible2
#69heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 5:45pm

Mister Matt said: "^ You really need to sit by me."

Is that a proposition?

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#70heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/20/18 at 11:04pm

I wore shorts to the theater this evening; it was far from 94 degrees. As long as your cell phone doesn’t go off and/or you’re not texting/surfing the web during the show, you’re A-OK by me. 

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#71heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/21/18 at 3:01am

I have 'show girl legs' for a male so can carry off a pair of shorts reasonably well but would only wear them to a matinee with a slim tailored long sleeve shirt.

Casual slacks/jeans and a light jacket or blazer for evening performances always, and an open necked shirt.

Fcvk the weather, I want to look/feel good.

kooky
#72heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/21/18 at 8:47am

rjm516
#73heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:24am

I used to think it was a sign of respect for the actors to dress up, but after years of seeing backstage/dressing room pictures of when Broadway actors go to visit their friends in shows, and 99% of the time they are wearing super casual clothes, raggy jeans etc, I realized if they don't care, we shouldn't care.

Gpvegas
#74heeeellllllll yeah
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:54am

I went to the Arden Theater in Philly last night.  There was a guy that had on the shortest shorts.  Nearly Speedos.  It made me think of this post.  

Videos