News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026

Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#2Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 2:22pm

Thank God. For years, she has said that she doesn’t want to do a book or a movie. I am thankful for whoever changed her mind as she has quite the thrilling life and I’m sure lots of stories to tell.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#3Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 2:23pm

After the documentary that came out this year I'm not convinced we will learn anything we don't already know. Liza is incredibly private and seems to prefer to live in a sort of fake Hollywood version of reality. I'd love for her to really spill the tea. I'll be reading it either way!

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#4Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 2:50pm

TotallyEffed said: "After the documentarythat came out this year I'm not convinced we will learn anything we don't already know. Liza is incredibly private and seems to prefer to live in a sort of fake Hollywood version of reality. I'd love for her to really spill the tea. I'll be reading it either way!"

Couldn't agree more, but that said, I'm going to have to read this, or at least skim parts in the bookstore, especially for info on her mom (not tell-all stuff, things like memories of when her parents were still married to each other, what that was like; more about Garland's sense of humor). 

verywellthensigh
#5Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 2:52pm

I hope she's candid AF but I'm not holding my breath.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#6Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 3:02pm

She’s writing it alongside Michael Feinstein so let’s see how much we get - she’s not writing this herself alone. 

She turned to Feinstein to help get her memoir written. “We’ve been joined at the hip for 40 years. As ambassador of the Great American Songbook and my absolute favorite collaborator, Michael’s one of the greats, he’s razor-sharp, and and he tells the truth,” Minnelli added of partnering with her longtime friend on the project.

broadwayboy223
#7Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 3:07pm

I know Feinstein is her friend but she also basically funded his newest Gershwin album. The vibes are strange to me but as long as Liza is okay then I'm happy 

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#8Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 4:30pm

My heart stopped for a second when I saw the big Liza picture as the main headline. Phew. I can't be the only one.

Anyway, great news, sign me up. I hope it is Barbra-level long and detail-heavy.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Jay Lerner-Z
#9Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 4:40pm

P.S. Kinda sounds like Feinstien ghost wrote Liza's statement too. Hm.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#10Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 4:51pm

Oh, I 100% bet Feinstein will write more of it than she will and even read the audio book.

BrodyFosse123
#11Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 4:52pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "P.S. Kinda sounds like Feinstien ghost wrote Liza's statement too. Hm."

Absolutely. I sadly feel this will be a semi-autobiographical memoir like Barbra’s was - loosely inspired by their lives and with a heavy hand on creative liberties taken on certain recollections. Expect tons of rehashing from the countless interviews she’s done over the past decades AND which are easily available to watch on YouTube. 

BETTY22
#12Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 4:54pm

Michael Feinstein nooooooooooooooooooooo

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#13Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 5:29pm

Feinstein is one of THREE co-authors, plus Minnelli, which is very odd:

World-renowned artist and music historian Michael Feinstein will collaborate to highlight Minnelli's trailblazing career. Also contributing to the project are Heidi Evans, a Pulitzer Prize and two-time George Polk Award winner, and Josh Getlin, a Pulitzer Prize-winning veteran Los Angeles Times Correspondent and New York Bureau Chief, who covered arts, entertainment, politics and publishing for more than 30 years.

Anyone hoping that it will be Barbra-level long should manage expectations :)

BrodyFosse123
#14Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 9:50pm

So basically she’s just giving them access to her archives and scrapbooks and letting them all figure things out then she’ll give notes and bingo. With so many co-authors, they truly have some audacity to call this “a memoir.” This will basically be an authorized biography. She’s not writing a single word. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#15Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 10:38pm

This isn't the first or last memoir to be written in such a way (often the multiple ghostwriters just get overpaid in exchange for being uncredited), though I wish more would be done Jesse Green/Mary Rodgers style!

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#16Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 11:03pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: 
Anyone hoping that it will be Barbra-level long should manage expectations :)"

My own (managed) expectations are that she will keep her word and not write whatever "memoir" is written. Michael likely thinks he knows more about her life than she does (and he may well be right), and the other two will do the research while he waxes poetic. I would not expect anything remotely like a tell-all, and I also think that the stories will feature a wide and fuzzy gray line between fact and fiction. 

But it will be enjoyed, at least in some precincts. 

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#17Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 11:26pm

“So, why did I change my mind? A sabotaged appearance at the Oscars, in front of billions of people … a film with twisted half-truths … a recent miniseries that just didn’t get it right. All made by people who didn’t know my family, and don’t really know me. Finally, I was mad as hell! Over dinner one night, I decided, it’s my own damn story … I’m gonna share it with you because of all the love you’ve given me.”

Her quote makes it seem that she’s not happy with the documentary that premiered at Tribeca this Spring…

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#18Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/6/24 at 11:38pm

MichelleCraig said: "“So, why did I change my mind? A sabotaged appearance at the Oscars, in front of billions of people … a film with twisted half-truths … a recent miniseries that just didn’t get it right. All made by people who didn’t know my family, and don’t really know me. Finally, I was mad as hell! Over dinner one night, I decided, it’s my own damn story … I’m gonna share it with you because of all the love you’ve given me.”

Her quote makes it seem that she’s not happy with the documentary that premiered at Tribeca this Spring…
"

She's not.

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#19Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/7/24 at 12:05am

Isn't she referencing the Judy film? Because the recent miniseries must be HALSTON.

BrodyFosse123
#21Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/7/24 at 10:57am

macbeth said: "Speaking of Liza,

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obsessed/how-liza-minnelli-outlives-is-breaking-new-faster-than-the-times?source=facebook&via=desktop

is just plain weird.
"

Folks, avoid wasting a minute reading this nonsense. Has zero to do with Liza. Article is basically rambling on how a news Twitter account uses Liza’s name. That’s all. THAT’S ALL. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#22Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/7/24 at 11:42am

It’s a beloved Twitter account, one of the few remaining from the platform’s freewheeling, fun, informative days. Hell, it’s how I learned Biden dropped out of the race just a few weeks ago. It ain’t serious. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#23Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/7/24 at 12:30pm

I hope her memoir will shed some light as to why she hasn't received a Kennedy Center Honor yet.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#24Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/7/24 at 1:49pm

It seems truly inconceivable at this point that she has never been at least offered it. I personally suspect that Feinstein has something to do with it not coming to fruition. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jay Lerner-Z
#25Liza Minnelli Will Release Her Memoir in 2026
Posted: 8/7/24 at 4:43pm

You mean like attaching conditions? He has to be given one too? He alone must perform all the tribute numbers?

Videos