News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA- Page 2

Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA

ThE nEw KiD Profile Photo
ThE nEw KiD
#25re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/5/06 at 9:23pm

As someone who worked on the recent workshop in LA, '13' is going to be a hit. It has a GREAT score (as of course to be expected) and a terrific book written by Dan Elish. A lot of the score is rock driven and has a new sound but still remains 100% Brown. Songs to watch out for: "Being a Geek", "What It Means To Be a Friend", and "Brand New You".

This will bring Jason and Dan huge success and a ton of $$$ because the market is the younger "High chool Musical" kids. If that crap can be successful, look out!

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#26re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/5/06 at 9:38pm

SO jealous of all you L.A. people!!!! Although it's definitely fair that the awesome theater strikes a balance between coasts

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

zoomzoom Profile Photo
zoomzoom
#27re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/5/06 at 9:45pm

I loved "Being a Geek." It was really cute!!

defygravity2 Profile Photo
defygravity2
#28re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/5/06 at 10:06pm

I'll be there with bells on.....wish my 13 year old could audition for this....oh well, maybe my 7 year old can do the Broadway revival in 6 years! re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#29re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/6/06 at 12:42am

They market this show to "high school kids"? Noooooo, they don't have $$ to support the show. Yes, they may come with their parents once, but they won't be able to return over and over again like young and seasoned theatre goers who have time and money. I guess they saw what happened to Wicked and thought they can jump on the band wagon?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited and will see the show but still they need to market this show right, otherwise it may turn into another "BIG." (Sorry Danny, I still love you, lol)

TheEnchantedHunter
#30re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/6/06 at 1:02am

Or as dreadful as CAMP.

Momma Tiny
Savannah, Georgia

IloveNorbert
#31re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/7/06 at 12:06am

Is this based off of the movie?

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#32re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/7/06 at 12:41am

Poor JRB... maybe High School Musical already beat him to the punch! No, I'm sure this musical will be beautifully successful... it sounds like every middle school's dream.

I think the only way it could be entertaining at all is if it's just like Degrassi, you know? Will there be a dog in it, I hope?

yr ronin,
joey

ThE nEw KiD
#33re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/7/06 at 1:16am

It's not based on the movie and even though it's written for and about 13 year olds, you'd be surprised how universal it is and how entertaining too!

ThE nEw KiD
#34re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/7/06 at 1:16am

It's not based on the movie and even though it's written for and about 13 year olds, you'd be surprised how universal it is and how entertaining too!

Cenoern
#35re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/7/06 at 2:40am

Since I'm sure Jason Robert Brown is reading this thread, I just wanted to give a shoutout for how much I love The Last 5 Years and how excited I am for this new musical! :)

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#36re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/7/06 at 11:08am

maybe Chiarra Navara can come back........

workmanarts
#37re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/7/06 at 11:25am

One my best friends daughters got down to the final round of callbacks for the reading at the taper this past year. The casting director gave her and her parents tickets to the reading. Supposedly it is some of his best work, and most audience friendly. There is no doubt this will be a welcome addition to the LA Theatre scene, and mark my words...its gonna be HUGE!!! And Im sure JRB is wise enough not to write material that 13 year olds can't do justice.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#38re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/7/06 at 2:48pm

I am confused as to when this is starting...

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#39re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/7/06 at 2:50pm

(Dec. 22, 2006-Feb. 18, 2007) - directed by Todd Graff ("Camp")
Composer Jason Robert Brown (Parade, The Last Five Years) pens his new musical comedy which casts thirteen 13-year-olds dealing with the perils of teens in a middle school in Indiana. Dan Elish provides the book for this world premiere which was workshopped by CTG in February. At the Mark Taper Forum

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#40re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/7/06 at 2:52pm

This is one I will make a point to go and see!

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel Profile Photo
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#41re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
Posted: 5/7/06 at 3:07pm

Anything written by JRB is A-Okay with me re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA!

Videos