News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Is TDF worth it?

cyeager2
#1Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 12/29/17 at 5:24pm

I live about two hours from NYC and go to school about 4 hours away but I have family in New York so I go there pretty often and my family and I love shows. Should I get a membership?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#2Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 12/29/17 at 5:37pm

It depends on what you want to see. There's a great supply of off Broadway and off off Broadway. Yes, Broadway shows are also available, but not the huge hits, as you'd expect. Personally I think it's a great service. Just be aware that you cannot choose your seats. So if you're fussy in that regard, TDF is not for you. 

fb1123
#3Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 12/29/17 at 5:42pm

It is absolutely worth it, I've been a member for over 20 years and will continue to subscribe.   I love theatre but the prices are out of control, this allows me to enjoy shows at a really fair price.  It is a rare show that I pay full price for.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#4Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 12/29/17 at 6:54pm

Register for a national membership with your school address (or your home address, if it's 100 miles from NYC.) $12 a year. Totally worth it. 

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#5Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 12/29/17 at 7:01pm

If you're 100 miles or more away from NYC get the National membership for $12 a year.

xmaschild
#6Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 12/29/17 at 9:55pm

I say yes but keep in mind many of the show tickets are during the week so if you're visiting at that time it will help your chances to use the membership.  We live 2 /12 hours away so qualified for the $12 membership.  I only saw 2 shows but we got to see two shows for less than the price of a non-discounted ticket to one so for the $12 membership it was definitely worth it.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#7Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 12/30/17 at 7:45am

As long as your expectations are on point....its great. Even if you only use it twice a year.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos