News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

I Am Harvey Milk this Monday

JackiesBroJoe Profile Photo
JackiesBroJoe
#1I Am Harvey Milk this Monday
Posted: 10/4/14 at 2:12pm

Is anyone planning on going? Been a longtime fan of this fantastic classical work by Andrew Lippa and looking forward to seeing the concert production. I'll be in the third tier and would love to meet other BWW'ers.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#2I Am Harvey Milk this Monday
Posted: 10/4/14 at 8:29pm

Oops! Different Harvey Milk project. I hope you enjoy it!

Updated On: 10/4/14 at 08:29 PM

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#2I Am Harvey Milk this Monday
Posted: 10/5/14 at 5:53pm

I'm seeing it tomorrow. I also saw it when it was done in San Francisco with Laura Benanti. Very beautifully written piece. I'm interested to see how he's changed it.

JackiesBroJoe
#3I Am Harvey Milk this Monday
Posted: 10/5/14 at 10:07pm

Looks like some lower priced seats were released in case anyone was on the fence.

PJPan
#4I Am Harvey Milk this Monday
Posted: 10/6/14 at 9:41am

I'm going - I think my seats are top balcony. I honestly just grabbed whatever was open - there were only a couple seats in my price range left!

ads08
#5I Am Harvey Milk this Monday
Posted: 10/6/14 at 10:12pm

What did everyone think? I got tickets through Theatermania Gold Club and they were awesome - row V left orchestra for $33. The energy was incredible from the audience and the orchestra and men's chorus did a phenomenal job. Kristen Chenowith, Andrew Lippa, and Noah Marlowe were also great.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#6I Am Harvey Milk this Monday
Posted: 10/6/14 at 11:40pm

I loved it! As I said in my previous post, I had seen it in San Francisco, and I think I liked it better this time. Mainly because this time I spent more time listening to the lyrics, which are very good, and listening to them more carefully made the piece much more resonant for me.

Skip2 Profile Photo
Skip2
#7I Am Harvey Milk this Monday
Posted: 10/7/14 at 12:13am

Harvey would have said: "Huh? That's it?"

Not a lot about Harvey. In fact not a lot period. 1 hr running time with a lot of
exercises in theme and variation.

JaglinSays
#8I Am Harvey Milk this Monday
Posted: 10/7/14 at 1:04am

Superficial, simplistic, inane. Is there a worse composer than Lippa?

JackiesBroJoe
#9I Am Harvey Milk this Monday
Posted: 10/7/14 at 1:37am

Really? I thought it was extraordinary! What a thrilling score, beautifully performed. Also brilliantly directed. Kristin was in GREAT voice. All the marketing materials said it was an hour long oratorio; not sure why you have a complaint about that. Hope it gets a longer run somewhere. Also, a treat to meet 2 broadway world posters up in the nosebleeds!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#10I Am Harvey Milk this Monday
Posted: 10/7/14 at 1:51am

All the hype for 1 hour? The movie MILK was longer...

JackiesBroJoe
#11I Am Harvey Milk this Monday
Posted: 10/7/14 at 1:56am

Did you SEE it RippedMan? Also, there's no connection to the movie MILK. This is an abstract piece inspired by his life, not a biographic work.

Videos