News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024; Broadway in the fall- Page 4

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024; Broadway in the fall

OhHiii
#75Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/22/23 at 12:58pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Nicole has a limited name value in the states, I think...she's not nothing, but not enough to sustain sales alone.

This probably needs love letter reviews from critics and maybe some Olivier Awards to have a chance of moving to Broadway.
"

You're correct, her name alone isn't what would drive a transfer, it would be reviews, and just the approach to the production. Lloyd's interpretations have moved over at a higher clip than many in the past few seasons, so there's a lot of attention/cred behind him. Olivier Awards also don't have much to do with if a show will sell here in the States, for what it's worth. 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#76Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/22/23 at 1:23pm

OhHiii said: "WldKingdomHM said: "Kad said: "Didn’t she pull out of the Broadway transfer of the Cats revival because she wouldn’t be given over the title billing?"

Correct
"

Wrong. She pulled out because she was a judge on X Factor with a $2mil contract. Ya'll just make stuff up on here lol https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/may/13/andrew-lloyd-webber-gets-claws-out-after-nicole-scherzinger-pulls-out-of-cats
"

If I was offered a 2 million dollar contract I would pull out of cats and forget about the title billing 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#77Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/22/23 at 1:25pm

OhHiii said: "WldKingdomHM said: "Kad said: "Didn’t she pull out of the Broadway transfer of the Cats revival because she wouldn’t be given over the title billing?"

Correct
"

Wrong. She pulled out because she was a judge on X Factor with a $2mil contract. Ya'll just make stuff up on here lol https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/may/13/andrew-lloyd-webber-gets-claws-out-after-nicole-scherzinger-pulls-out-of-cats
"

It was reported at the time in various places that was the reason, nobody here is making things up. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

OhHiii
#78Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/22/23 at 1:28pm

Kad said: "OhHiii said: "nobody here is making things up."

lol sure, Jan. It was about money. It always is. I'll take the words from ALW's mouth given he's not shy about dragging actors through the mud for far less than a billing dispute.

Updated On: 9/22/23 at 01:28 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#79Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/22/23 at 1:35pm

OhHiii said: "Kad said: "OhHiii said: "nobody here is making things up."

lol sure, Jan. It was about money. It always is. I'll take the words from ALW's mouth given he's not shy about dragging actors through the mud for far less than a billing dispute.
"

Jesus Christ, I literally gave you a source. I did not make something up. Drop this unnecessary bitchiness, kid.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

OhHiii
#80Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/22/23 at 1:43pm

Kad said: "OhHiii said: "Kad said: "OhHiii said: "nobody here is making things up."

"

Jesus Christ, I literally gave you a source. I did not make something up. Drop this unnecessary bitchiness, kid.
"

I was laughing at your assertion that people don't make things up here. you're one of the more prickly folks on this board, so save the demeaning "kid", cool? Thanks!

In any case, more than one thing can be true. She had a $2mil contract with her name on it and they wouldn't meet her terms to perform in Cats. It's not some diva story you're making it out to be.

Showface
#81Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/22/23 at 2:00pm

Hilty is going to be a revelation-- her Broadway musical return is long overdue!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#82Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 1/24/24 at 4:58pm

Does anyone have a presale code for this? Thanks!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#85Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 2/2/24 at 11:04am

Best friends…forever…and ever. Tickets are now on sale at deathbecomesher.com. Performances begin on April 30 at the Cadillac Palace Theatre. #DeathBecomesHer

Jordan Catalano
#86Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 2/2/24 at 11:18am

Beyond excited for this. Just praying it’s everything “Devil Wears Prada” wasn’t - colorful, campy, hilarious and GAY.

MemorableUserName
#87Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 2/2/24 at 11:22am

. Updated On: 2/2/24 at 11:22 AM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#88Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 2/2/24 at 11:25am

Jordan Catalano said: "Beyond excited for this. Just praying it’s everything “Devil Wears Prada” wasn’t - colorful, campy, hilarious and GAY."

The writers don’t give me hope for Death Becomes Her, but maybe they can prove me wrong. 

Oh look, a bibu!

jacobsnchz14
#89Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 2/2/24 at 11:30am

Jordan Catalano said: "Beyond excited for this. Just praying it’s everything “Devil Wears Prada” wasn’t - colorful, campy, hilarious and GAY."

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#90Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 2/2/24 at 11:37am

EDSOSLO858 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Beyond excited for this. Just praying it’s everything “Devil Wears Prada” wasn’t - colorful, campy, hilarious and GAY."

The writers don’t give me hope for Death Becomes Her, but maybe they can prove me wrong.
"

Don’t worry. There are enough gay ghostwriters behind the scenes, it’ll be plenty gay.

Updated On: 2/2/24 at 11:37 AM

OhHiii
#91Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 2/2/24 at 11:39am

jacobsnchz14 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Beyond excited for this. Just praying it’s everything “Devil Wears Prada” wasn’t - colorful, campy, hilarious and GAY."

Seems they understand the assignment. Megan and Jennifer are hysterical in that video.
Updated On: 2/2/24 at 11:39 AM

Jordan Catalano
#92Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 2/2/24 at 11:48am

That video gives me a lot of hope. <3

Play Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#93Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 2/2/24 at 1:57pm

Shame, doesn’t look like the Lyric is doing a musical this year, would love to pair this with a few other shows but not seeing much over the summer. 

MadAboutTheBoy Profile Photo
MadAboutTheBoy
jacobsnchz14
pablitonizer
#96Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 3/4/24 at 10:14am

jacobsnchz14 said: "Michelle Williams will play ViolaVan Horn

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=980601686730891
"

Can she even act? She was part of destiny's child, right? Anyway, I plan to see this musical in Chicago in May so I'm excited

jacobsnchz14
ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#98Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 3/4/24 at 10:19am

Michelle T. Williams has been on Broadway in Aida, Chicago, and Once on This Island. She also toured with The Color Purple and Fela. She has the credentials, if that’s what you mean.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#99Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 3/4/24 at 10:19am

pablitonizer said: "Can she even act? She was part ofdestiny's child, right? Anyway, I plan to see this musical in Chicago in May so I'm excited"

No idea what kind of acting chops the role requires but she has appeared in three Broadway shows (as Roxie in Chicago, Erzulie in Once On This Island, and the title role in AIDA) plus two national tours (Shug Avery in Color Purple and Sandra Isadore in Fela!)

Videos