News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024; Broadway in the fall- Page 2

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024; Broadway in the fall

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#25Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/5/23 at 12:09pm

How exciting!!! Can’t wait to see the first preview! 

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#26Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/5/23 at 12:16pm

I coached someone for on audition for this and got to hear a bit of the music. It's far more interesting and ambitious than I was expecting and the book scenes are pretty darn funny (or...at least provide the springboard for the right actors to be VERY funny). I've...never loved this movie as much as others, but the material I encountered made me excited for this. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#28Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/5/23 at 12:47pm

If Nicole Scherzinger is continuing on with this, I’m curious why they didn’t announce her. Maybe she’s missing the out of town tryout? Any chance Sunset in London extends making her unavailable?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#29Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/5/23 at 1:14pm

Sunset can't extend in London. It closes January 6 and Plaza Suite begins previews January 16.

It could be that her team wants to keep the focus on Sunset right now and let those performances get started before announcing her involvement in this.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#30Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/5/23 at 1:24pm

Forget Nicole…just hire Bernadette. Timeless indeed 

DaveyG
#31Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/5/23 at 1:32pm

They’re probably holding off on announcing Scherzinger since she would be the biggest name involved. It will give them another press bump.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#32Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/5/23 at 3:56pm

Interesting that Lisle is seemingly now “Viola.” Guessing this “enchantress’ character will be expanded and swirled up a bit. Might combine some minor characters into hers (the plastic surgeon, etc.)

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#33Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/5/23 at 4:57pm

These leading ladies have me at full gay hyperventilation right now.

Not gonna lie, if Scherzinger isn’t on board (and I’d be surprised if she was with appears to be a rather small part), I’d love to see Christina Acosta Robinson from Bad Cinderella do the role. She has that smoky voice, high belt, and played a role very similar to what Viola would likely be (a mysterious figure with beauty secrets). 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Dolly80
#34Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/5/23 at 6:32pm

Nicole is doing Chicago.

They have to hold back something to announce at a later date .. classic move… and she is it.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#35Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/5/23 at 6:59pm

I’m not sold on Hilty but certainly not against it. I’ve envisioned Jane Krakowski or Laura Benanti in it for years 

BETTY22
#36Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/5/23 at 7:53pm

Great cast - I'm having difficulty finding much material from the score writers. 

I so want this to be as fun as the film. 

WestEndGal
#37Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/6/23 at 6:00am

I’m definitely intrigued by this, but I do wonder whether ‘Death Becomes Her’ as a film to adapt for Broadway is too camp/niche to appeal to a broad audience - I do think it needs a star name like Nicole to elevate it. Also, with an older cast I’m not sure how well it will relate to the TikTok crowd, who probably weren’t even born when it came out, but then that didn’t stop Beetlejuice! 

I’m also a little on the fence with Megan Hilty’s casting but then she was pretty sardonic as Ivy in Smash and so might actually fit the role of Madeline well. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#38Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/6/23 at 8:52am

I've never watched this film...couldn't even tell you why,  but Hilty and Simard? My interest level is piqued! 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#39Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/6/23 at 8:58am

dramamama611 said: "I've never watched this film...couldn't even tell you why, but Hilty and Simard? My interest level is piqued!"

I haven't either, but I think I'm going to try and watch it this weekend now! Super excited for this, though, just from the casting alone!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Peppa222
#40Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/6/23 at 12:01pm

This is one of my all-time favorite films. I doubt the humor itself is too niche as the film is a camp classic because of how theatrical and stylized the performances come off; if anything it's a more natural fit for the theatre. Whether or not the title will encourage ticket sales for the general public outside of gay men and film cultists, I couldn't say. 

I just hope they don't try to overly futz with it or lean too heavily into the zany that it becomes something else entirely. Despite how over-the-top the film is, it rarely turns to the audience to wink or comment on itself. Simard's casting gives me a lot of hope on this front. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#41Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
Posted: 9/6/23 at 12:53pm

bwayphreak234 said: "dramamama611 said: "I've never watched this film...couldn't even tell you why, but Hilty and Simard? My interest level is piqued!"

I haven't either, but I think I'm going to try and watch it this weekend now! Super excited for this, though, just from the casting alone!
"

Holy God guys, it's a trip. Watch and enjoy! Great casting, but I want to know who will be playing Ernest because that's incredibly important to me. He's gotta have just the right personality! 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#42Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/6/23 at 1:09pm

Sutton Ross said: "bwayphreak234 said: "dramamama611 said: "I've never watched this film...couldn't even tell you why, but Hilty and Simard? My interest level is piqued!"

"

Holy God guys, it's a trip. Watch and enjoy! Great casting, but I want to know who will be playing Ernest because that's incredibly important to me. He's gotta have just the right personality!
"

Honestly, the reading cast was pretty spot-on and I hope they can all continue. Chris Sieber playing opposite Simard as husband-and-wife (and not! lol) again would be delightful. If their casting and zaniness together in their one scene in Company is any indication, DBH could be a wild and riotous evening.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#43Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/6/23 at 1:21pm

Between this and Boop I’m very excited for Chicago theater! 

ChorusKitty
#44Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/6/23 at 8:02pm

I'm definitely going to make a trip to Chicago just for this!

VintageSnarker
#45Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/6/23 at 8:35pm

No idea what the music is like but Rachel York feels like a better fit for the Meryl Streep role. Or even for the Goldie Hawn part. It's one of my favorite movies so I hope this one works out.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#46Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/6/23 at 10:39pm

I’ve heard it’s Norbert Leo Butz.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#47Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/6/23 at 10:45pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "I’ve heard it’s Norbert Leo Butz."

Oh, wow! He’d be great, too! This is shaping up nicely. lol. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#48Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/7/23 at 11:18am

I'm lowkey annoyed with y'all dissing Megan Hilty's casting in this. She is FUNNY and she will be phenomenal in this. I'm actually more excited about her than Simard and that's saying something. This will be great!

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#49Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/7/23 at 11:29am

Valentina3 said: "I'm lowkey annoyed with y'all dissing Megan Hilty's casting in this. She is FUNNY and she will be phenomenal in this. I'm actually more excited about her than Simard and that's saying something. This will be great!"

Right? The Megan Hilty erasure is wild. Lest we forget she was nominated for a Tony for Noises Off, and very much should have been nominated for a Tony alongside Allison Janney and SJB for 9 to 5. Not to mention her performance in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. She’s dynamite casting, and I can only imagine the comedic interplay between her and Jennifer Simard is going to be off the charts.

Videos