News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HADESTOWN will return on September 2- Page 5

HADESTOWN will return on September 2

Hannahbelle
#100HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 9:47pm

Does anyone have any information on how long the leads are planning on staying in Hadestown?  I am a huge Eva fan and plan on seeing this show in February.  Do you think that will be too late?

willep
#101HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/25/21 at 9:54pm

Since there hasn’t been a cast announcement yet, I think the only lead who have actually really said that they are coming back are Eva Noblezada and Patrick Page. I assume most of them will be there, but nobody can say how long to expect them to be around when it hasn’t even been confirmed IF they’ll be around.

chrishuyen
#102HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/26/21 at 12:04am

Fwiw Eva seemed like she really enjoyed the role and wanted to stay in it for a while, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Does anyone know how contracts work now? Like if all the contracts had to be renegotiated would that mean most people would likely stay for at least a year?

BCfitasafiddle
#103HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/26/21 at 12:48am

willep said: "Since there hasn’t been a cast announcement yet, I think the only lead who have actually really said that they are coming back are Eva Noblezada and Patrick Page. I assume most of them will be there, but nobody can say how long to expect them to be around when it hasn’t even been confirmed IF they’ll be around."

Reeve Carney and Andre De Shields have been posting / sharing reopening information. I know it’s not an exact announcement, but they are saying things like “we’re gonna sing it again” and mentioning their excitement. I would take that as a sign that they plan to be there. 

Amber Gray isn’t active on social media as far as I know, so who knows. I could see her coming back and I could also see her ready to move on. Time will tell. 

Regarding contracts now: I’m curious too. Especially with a show like Hadestown. I imagine many of the actors would’ve left sometime last spring/summer had Covid not happened. They may want closure from it and a chance to finish a chapter of this triumphant success for them all. Personally, I could see them staying through the New Year and then seeing replacements. This seems like a show where they’d all want to go out together. 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#104HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 10:19am

Got tkts to Sept 2 show. Orch was sold out or restricted at 10 am opening.  

I asked how Moulin was sold out in orch upon sale and Jujam mgr said the orch "was not available for sale."  Wonder if they did the same with Hades.

Amber was at the cast reunion couple months back. She didn't act as if she wasn't returning. Just happy to see the gang again. 

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#105HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 10:27am

I was there on the dot, the orchestra was definitely not put on sale. I'm calling Jujamcyn now to figure out what the deal is.

kelsey1389 Profile Photo
kelsey1389
#106HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 10:49am

Could you pass this info along to me as well? My partner has an amex but we're not really sure how to do the presale.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#107HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 11:24am

soulmistin said: "I was there on the dot, the orchestra was definitely not put on sale. I'm calling Jujamcyn now to figure out what the deal is."

I'm with you Soulmistin.  I was also online at the very moment.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#108HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 11:28am

kelsey1389 said: "Could you pass this info along to me as well? My partner has an amex but we're not really sure how to do the presale."

Kelsey, the presale starts on June 1.  

What color card do you have?  The access code is the customer service number on the back of the card. You would enter that in the access code box to unlock ticketing. Some shows only allow the "preferred cards" to buy "preferred" seats on the first day of Amex presale. Other shows allow both the gold and the blue Amex cards to be buy seats.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#109HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 12:13pm

Can anyone let me know what mezz pricing was?

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#110HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 12:29pm

suicidalmickeymouse said: "Can anyone let me know what mezz pricing was?"

$149 for Mezz

$249 for Front Orch

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

bway0
#111HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 12:35pm

My row was $99 plus fees. 

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#112HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 2:08pm

soulmistin said: "I was there on the dot, the orchestra was definitely not put on sale. I'm calling Jujamcyn now to figure out what the deal is."

true, i certainly would've preferred seats in front orch, but i'm just grateful to have been able to get the seats i did get.  This will be one INCREDIBLE performance, even from the Mezzanine

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 5/27/21 at 02:08 PM

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#113HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 3:15pm

Mezz 119 to 159; balcony 99...

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#114HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 3:24pm

Any word Soulmistin?

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#115HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 3:27pm

The8re phan said: "soulmistin said: "I was there on the dot, the orchestra was definitely not put on sale. I'm calling Jujamcyn now to figure out what the deal is."

true, i certainly would've preferred seats in front orch, but i'm just grateful to have been able to get the seats i did get. This will be one INCREDIBLE performance, even from the Mezzanine
"

I got a box seat...the same box that was listed as Springsteen's guest box when he performed there.  Did not like SG as ticketing agent.

bear88
#116HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 3:44pm

The8re phan said: "soulmistin said: "I was there on the dot, the orchestra was definitely not put on sale. I'm calling Jujamcyn now to figure out what the deal is."

true, i certainly would've preferred seats in front orch, but i'm just grateful to have been able to get the seats i did get. This will be one INCREDIBLE performance, even from the Mezzanine
"

I saw the show from rear orchestra, but I know of several people who think the mezzanine seats are actually better for Hadestown, especially because of the steep rake, small theater size, and the impact of the effects.

schubox
#117HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 3:57pm

bear88 said: "The8re phan said: "soulmistin said: "I was there on the dot, the orchestra was definitely not put on sale. I'm calling Jujamcyn now to figure out what the deal is."

"

I saw the show from rear orchestra, but I know of several people who think the mezzanine seats are actually better for Hadestown, especially because of the steep rake, small theater size, and the impact of the effects.

"

I've seen it in the front orch, rear orch and mezz and think the mezz was the best overall. Nothing compared to the lights swinging over your heads in the front orch for feeling totally immersed. But overall I feel like the mezz let you really see the whole show. 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#118HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 5:53pm

I've seen it from orch....be interesting to see it from box... that box was great for Bruce S, but since it was him solo w/o scenery, it was fine... Don't care for the "dining room chairs" that they use in the box. Mezz does offer birds-eye view.

Just glad to get back in theater.

bway0
#119HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 7:14pm

JayElle said: "I've seen it from orch....be interesting to see it from box... that box was great for Bruce S, but since it was him solo w/o scenery, it was fine... Don't care for the "dining room chairs" that they use in the box. Mezz does offer birds-eye view.

"

Be careful from the box. Make sure you get the outside seats that are closest to the edge (not curtain side). I sat curtain side one afternoon and almost left at intermission because I couldn’t see a thing. 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#120HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/27/21 at 10:48pm

bway0 said: "JayElle said: "I've seen it from orch....be interesting to see it from box... that box was great for Bruce S, but since it was him solo w/o scenery, it was fine... Don't care for the "dining room chairs" that they use in the box. Mezz does offer birds-eye view.

"

Be careful from the box. Make sure you get the outside seats that are closest to the edge (not curtain side). I sat curtain side one afternoon and almost left at intermission because Icouldn’t see a thing.
"

Crap, Bway0. It did say partial view which I didn't notice until I paid for it.. I have railing seat 5. Same one as Springsteen show. I vaguely remember adjusting chairs. It was just him, a piano, a mike. He stood center stage.

Hmmmm, if I can find another seat that cancels, I will dump it. Thanks for tip.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#121HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/28/21 at 10:31am

Can anyone that has the ability to poke around check the availability of October 9, 8pm show?  I won't have access until June 8 to grab tix - and that is the only show we are trying to get tix for that night - and we'll be pretty heartbroken to not get in!   

To anyone that can, thank you in advance.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bwayoutdoors
#122HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/28/21 at 11:16am

dramamama611 said: "Can anyone that has the ability to poke around check the availability of October 9, 8pm show? I won't have access until June 8 to grab tix - and that is the only show we are trying to get tix for that night - and we'll be pretty heartbroken to not get in!

To anyone that can, thank you in advance.
"

For the moment most of the mezz is still available ($321 including fees first three rows, then goes down from there to $132 in last row), and there are quite a few seats in orchestra. No front orchestra seems to have been made available for any dates yet. There are a few sixth row center still left (that's the closest center seats right now) for $321 including fees. Plenty of balcony still left as well, though wouldn't recommend those - it's very steep up there!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#123HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/28/21 at 11:47am

$321? F*ck!

Crap, Bway0. It did say partial view which I didn't notice until I paid for it.. I have railing seat 5

Oh no! My friend sat in seat 5 and could not see a damn thing. Try to switch it if you can!

SouthernCakes
#124HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/28/21 at 12:02pm

As a rule box seats pretty much always suck. That’s why they are generally used for rush.

Videos