News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HADESTOWN will return on September 2

HADESTOWN will return on September 2

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:05am

https://www.playbill.com/article/hadestown-confirms-the-earliest-yet-broadway-return

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:09am

But...how? Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled and will have Amex in hand to use the presale but I’m confused and the press release doesn’t mention why they’re allowed to do this.

rkade21
#3HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:13am

Jordan Catalano said: "But...how? Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled and will have Amex in hand to use the presale but I’m confused and the press release doesn’t mention why they’re allowed to do this. "

What do you mean? Aren't shows technically allowed to be going now, full capacity, if they were ready and able? I never actually read anything about why Sept 14 specifically was chosen by others as the first night.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#4HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:13am

Woohoo!!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:14am

Dunno - is the Sept 14 date opening with FULL capacity?  Maybe they want to run those first few weeks with just a fraction of an audience?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 5/24/21 at 09:14 AM

Jordan Catalano
#6HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:15am

Cuomo’s announcement gave 9/14 as the date. I always took that as the date the state was allowing shows to start. The whole reopening has always been confusing though.

rkade21
#7HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:19am

Ah I missed that part of his announcement, but yes it sure has. I thought it was some mutually agreed “we can be ready by” date from the first shows.

I thought May 19 just lifted capacity restrictions on everything. I haven’t paid terribly close attention due in part to how confusing it’s been…

Jordan Catalano
#8HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:20am

I’m gonna be pissed if “Wicked” ups their date now lol

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#9HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:22am

Ugh.....if the Amex Cardholders snatch the tickets from Columbus Day Weekend before I can, I'm gonna be terribly  pissed.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

rkade21
#10HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:24am

Depends on nuance of each article but initial announcements confirm Broadway “could open now” (May 19) and Cuomo’s Sept 14 announcement was - “Broadway shows will be ready by” after discussion with the League. I guess Hadestown decided they will be ready sooner…? Or maybe they’re getting cute with “we aren’t open, we’re in previews HADESTOWN will return on September 2

Det95
#11HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:25am

From a theatre fan standpoint I'm super excited for Hadestown to be reopening and being able to see it again during my trip in. From a purely personal standpoint I'm kinda pissed. I've been planning and saving since the shutdown started to see a show the first night back. I'm coming in from Detroit so I can't easily change my plans. I have tickets for Wicked on the 14th and if they up their date I agree with Jordan I'll be super pissed.

rkade21
#12HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:25am

Jordan Catalano said: "I’m gonna be pissed if “Wicked” ups their date now lol"

Going to be a lot of very angry 9/14 ticket holders if those shows adjust

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#13HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:27am

Oh thank god, now I can go on living

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#14HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:27am

Coming from the producers that released their cast album in 5 little pieces months after it was completed, I shouldn’t be surprised…but come ON. The Kerr is tiny and will sell out the 2 weeks prior to 9/14 in the blink of an eye. This is just a PR stunt to cause frenzy amongst other shows.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#15HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:28am

rkade21 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I’m gonna be pissed if “Wicked” ups their date now lol"

Going to be a lot of veryangry 9/14 ticket holders if those shows adjust
"

I'm with you! But I'm thinking WICKED may take longer to rehearse and get back up. Hadestown is relatively small compared to WICKED, no? 

Jordan Catalano
#16HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:29am

And I’ll be flying back from the UK on 9/2, based on the 9/14 date given so that really does piss me off that I’ll miss the first night back to broadway that I’ve been planning for. Now I just hope something else decides to open earlier lol

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#17HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:36am

Cuomo's original announcement referred to tickets on sale, not permission. This announcement anticipates something more from the state. Note that the lifting of capacity restrictions did not do away with protocols including distancing. Either that's changing or they are only going to sell to the rule. We shall see. 

Also still unexplained is the vaccine requirements. I have a feeling there might be a connection between the two, that is aborning.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#18HADESTOWN will return on September 2

Jordan Catalano said: "I’m gonna be pissed if “Wicked” ups their date now lol"

There’s no way they’ll do that. It was a huge announcement for their specific reopening, it wouldn’t sit well with ticket buyers (wether or not it actually matters). 

Theaters and Broadway were given green light to open starting this month, however shows are taking their time for a variety of (valid) reasons. Hadestown is able to open earlier, and is smart to be the “first” show to reopen Broadway. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#19HADESTOWN will return on September 2

A'ight!

Oh look, a bibu!

Jordan Catalano
#20HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:38am

Hogan, I think you may be right especially given the announcement today about Colbert’s show returning in a few weeks with a fully vaccinated, mask optional audience.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#21HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:41am

It's still a little bizarre that nothing has been released in regards to them starting before the September 14 date. I figured that this date was agreed upon by the Broadway League and possibly all the unions.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

troynow
#22HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 9:57am

Very bizarre.... 

I have heard that Hadestown is NOT cleared by the Actor's Union to even begin rehearsals. The date of Sept 2 is not included in the concession conversation for the proration of shows. Seems to me that the with the way the release is worded- that Jordan Roth is hard at work with his ego. Attempting to make Hadestown the FIRST show to open ahead of the Nederlander Organization.

Jordan is also making Pass Over go up in AUGUST, ahead of the Nederlander Organization again. 

All seems like Jordfan is putting the shows health in danger

rkade21
#23HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 10:22am

Hades first line (I think), “I missed ya”, in Patrick Page’s booming baritone is a moment I’ve thought about over and over and suspect will warrant the 3 minute interruption for applause in their first performance.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#24HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 10:24am

Cuomo has not yet made a public statement on the earlier reopening date. However, in his initial Broadway announcement, Cuomo characterized Sept. 14 as an on-sale date for tickets, rather than the first allowable date for opening. Other industries were allowed to open at full capacity May 19 with social distancing requirements, but at the time he said Broadway "may make their own economic decision as to when they reopen," given the time it takes to prepare productions. … 

http://bway.ly/3a4buf#https://broadwaynews.com/2021/05/24/hadestown-announces-sept-2-reopening-on-broadway/

Alexander Lamar
#25HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 5/24/21 at 10:26am

WHEW. I was literally going to pull the trigger on stub hub for Hamilton this week which I really didn’t want to see. I’m ready for this presale!

Videos